Intl. Gateway Entrance to Epcot

DisneyBeef

Earning My Ears
Ive only been to the World once in the past 5-7 years so refresh my memory please. Where/How is the alternate entrance to Epcot back by the International Gateway ? We have a 7pm ADR in Italy next week and will be using Disney transportation to and from our resort (POR). After we eat, we are going to stay and watch Illumininations, then take a bus or monorail back to POR.
What bus should we take from POR to get to this alternate entrance in the back ? How long should I allow time-wise to leave POR and make it to Italy by 7pm for dinner ? Thx all !!!

You can only access the International Gateway from the Epcot area resorts (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk). Disney bus transportation can't take you there.

You should take the bus to Epcot and walk back to Italy. Give yourself an hour to get there from your resort.

Unless you want to pay for a cab/Uber from your resort to the Beach/Yacht club and then walk back to the International Gateway. You coudl repeat this when you leave, too, to avoid the long lines after Illuminations.

There is no monorail to/from POR.

Last edited:
Ive only been to the World once in the past 5-7 years so refresh my memory please. Where/How is the alternate entrance to Epcot back by the International Gateway ? We have a 7pm ADR in Italy next week and will be using Disney transportation to and from our resort (POR). After we eat, we are going to stay and watch Illumininations, then take a bus or monorail back to POR.
What bus should we take from POR to get to this alternate entrance in the back ? How long should I allow time-wise to leave POR and make it to Italy by 7pm for dinner ? Thx all !!!

No monorail to POR.

You COULD take the bus from POR to DHS gate, then the Friendship boat from DHS gate to Epcot's International Gateway. But, that would not be quicker than just taking the bus from POR to Epcot's front gate and just walking to Italy.
(You have picked the single-most difficult-to-access restaurant in Epcot.)

Be at your POR bus stop 90-120 minutes before your Italy ADR.

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

The international gateway is between the France and UK pavilions. The only way I can think of to get to the back entrance from POR would be to take a bus to Hollywood studios then take the ferry boat to Epcot (you may need to transfer ferries at one of the Epcot hotels, or get off the ferry at Beach Club and walk to the gateway from there.). I honestly can't say this will save you any time vs. taking a bus straight from POR to Epcot's front entrance and walking through the park to Italy though.... Other posters may have other ideas!

The previous poster is correct. You can only get to the IG from the EPCOT resorts so you'd have to either 1. take cab from POR to one of those resorts pp mentioned and walk into EPCOT or 2. leave from another park or DTD, taking a bus to an EPCOT resort and then walk into EPCOT through the IG.
From POR you'll just take the EPCOT bus and go through the front entrance (you'll enter in future world) and walk back to Italy; you'll return to POR via bus also as the monorail doesn't go to POR :)

Is the Friendship boat a direct trip between DHS and EPCOT? Is the boat from DHS by the maingate?

I agree that the POR to DHS, and then DHS to Epcot route probably won't save time. But could it possibly save steps? Just throwing it out there for the experts. Not really sure myself, but I think it's possible.

No monorail to POR.

You COULD take the bus from POR to DHS gate, then the Friendship boat from DHS gate to Epcot's International Gateway. But, that would not be quicker than just taking the bus from POR to Epcot's front gate and just walking to Italy.
(You have picked the single-most difficult-to-access restaurant in Epcot.)

Be at your POR bus stop 90-120 minutes before your Italy ADR.

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

What can I say...the wife and daughter LOVE pizza and I heard this is place to get the best pizza !!!
:-)

Whoops- I meant to say monorail to TTC, then POR via bus...thanks all !

There are no longer any WDW resort buses at TTC.
TTC is no longer a hub for WDW transportation.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with dining in Italy, but its location makes it impractical as a lone destination.
Better to go there when you are already in Epcot for the day.

Last edited:
1. Is the Friendship boat a direct trip between DHS and EPCOT?

2. Is the boat from DHS by the maingate?

1. Board a single Friendship at DHS and it docks at the Epcot resorts before getting to Epcot, but no changing boats is required.
The total trip, including the 3 interim resort stops, takes 25-30 minutes.
This route goes in both directions between Epcot's International Gateway and DHS.

2. Yes. The dock is just north of the DHS gates and bus terminals.

Last edited:
Whoops- I meant to say monorail to TTC, then POR via bus...thanks all !

As Robo said, there are no resort buses from the TTC. And in any case, why would you add in an extra type of transportation, instead of just taking the bus directly to or from your resort from Epcot?

So where else will you be that day? Is dinner they only thing you plan to do at Epcot?

Italy pavilion is a very tough place to get to/from, if that's your only intended destination.
A very long trip, time-wise.
Unless you are already at an Epcot resort or in Epcot already, it's about the most time-consuming restaurant destination (if that's your only goal) at WDW.

Last edited:
Have fun!

Last edited:
We love Via Napoli and have been known to go out of our way to enjoy it! Have fun!

Do yourself a favor ... if it is at all budgetarily possible to spend $20 each way. Take a cab from your resort or wherever you are to the Boardwalk Inn. Stroll over to Epcot thru the International Gateway. Honestly, we do this at least once every trip! We love the World Showcase. This will take you about an hour to 75 mins, but you will enjoy a nice stroll on the Boardwalk and around the first half of the World Showcase. Then you have two choices. Stroll slowly at the back of the crowd out to the front exit of Epcot and bus back to your resort. Alternatively, simply walk back to Boardwalk, cab to resort.

Whatever you decide!! Enjoy!!

I agree with the previous posters. The only time I use the International Gateway is if I'm in Epcot and I have an ADR at an Epcot area hotel.

I agree with the previous posters. The only time I use the International Gateway is if I'm in Epcot and I have an ADR at an Epcot area hotel.
That's what I do too. I used to think it was a bigger deal, but it's really not that much shorter of a walk if you map it out. Particularly to Italy, because of its location. According to Google Maps, it's 0.7mi from the Porte Cochere of Beach Club to the Italy pavilion, and it is 0.7mi from the front gates to the same spot!

There's a bit more walking from the bus stop, but probably not enough to get worked up over.

As previously stated, the only way to get to Epcot's International Gateway entrance from POR is to take the bus to DHS and then transfer to a Friendship boat which will take you to International Gateway, just keep in mind that the boat will stop three times at the Epcot Area Resorts before it docks at International Gateway, you could always get off at one of the resorts and walk the rest of the way, it is not an unbearable walk by any means, I have done it many times, it is actually very scenic especially on a day with nice weather.. As far as your return trip to POR, check parks hours for both parks, if DHS is open later than Epcot you could also exit at International Gateway and take a Friendship boat back to DHS, this would also be good a opportunity to park hop if there is evening EMH at DHS..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter