Intimate wedding - where to eat afterwards

laura forbes

Mouseketeer
I hope to have an intimate wedding - although not for a while, but we are not sure where to eat. We had thought about Narcoosees as my fiance proposed on the pier there, but not all of our party are big fish fans so worrying about the choices they would have.

If its not too nosy I was wondering where have other people have had their dinners after an intimate wedding or where are you planning to have dinner.

Our wedding is at noon, so our challenge was finding a nice restaurant that serves lunch. For that reason, we chose Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney. We wanted to go to Fulton's, just 'cause that big boat is so cool looking, but they ONLY serve seafood and like you said, that's not fair to the guests. Portobello has some pasta, some pizza, some sandwiches, etc. and you can even coordinate with them to offer some of their dinner choices as well. With most of the restaurants, I recommend calling them directly instead of just doing a WDW-DINE reservation; I've found that they're much more willing to help you work out details.

Good luck!

Thank you I will contact them directly had not even thought of that. yeah fultons is cool but you do have to think about everyone else. wow your wedding is soon are you getting excited, I am already excited and mine is years away.

I'm having mine at Narcoossee's. They offer a champagne toast for the bride and groom on the house, personalized menus and have a cake stand available if you want to bring it there to serve after your meal. The Grand Floridian bakery can also make something for you, but you have to specify. I asked for ideas and photos, but they told me they have over 6000 examples in their photo collection and I'd have to be specific.

Narcoossee's menu is in Microsoft Word format, so there's some flexibility in customizing your menu. They can put your names and date on it, remove prices, remove drinks (there's a lot of beverages listed on their menu), items, etc. The one thing they can't do is add food items that's not on their menu. What they decide to do for their seasonal menu and daily special is all that's available to order.

When we set out to choose a restaurant, we decided to be selfish and thought of ourselves first and our guests second. I don't believe there's anything wrong with that. There are 20 in our intimate party, so we can't satisfy everyone anyway.

I made all my arrangements directly with Narcoossee's and not through WDW-DINE.

Thank you its great to get a bit more information cause I really would like to eat there as we got engaged there your information has made me want to more I like the idea of getting personalised menus. To be quite honest I am not really that fond of fish myself but I know that they do have some non fish choices most of the time but I would worry that they wouldnt have for my dates. What do you mean about the GF Bakery can you get another cake done or individual desserts or just pretty much anything you want?

I have vegetarians in my party so that's even worse than people who merely don't like fish. Narcoossee's assured me there's always a veggie option. I didn't verify if they always have a chicken option (they currently have it on their menu).

As for the GF bakery, I believe they can make whatever you want if you don't want to order from Narcoossee's dessert menu. If you want another cake, the bakery can make a small round cake, a 1/4 sheet cake for $40 or a replica of your wedding cake for $275. I guess they value that wedding cake at $275! They can also make a bunch of different toppers, depending on your theme. If you ask, I know they can also make other desserts. I've chatted directly with their team leader, but all ordering is done through another phone line.

I don't know the full details because my wedding is five weeks away. Oh my gawd, it's only five weeks away and there's still so much to do! :eek:

Anyway, try this thread. Narcoossee's is in the minority:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1389180

I have vegetarians in my party so that's even worse than people who merely don't like fish. Narcoossee's assured me there's always a veggie option. I didn't verify if they always have a chicken option (they currently have it on their menu).

As for the GF bakery, I believe they can make whatever you want if you don't want to order from Narcoossee's dessert menu. If you want another cake, the bakery can make a small round cake, a 1/4 sheet cake for $40 or a replica of your wedding cake for $275. I guess they value that wedding cake at $275! They can also make a bunch of different toppers, depending on your theme. If you ask, I know they can also make other desserts. I've chatted directly with their team leader, but all ordering is done through another phone line.

I don't know the full details because my wedding is five weeks away. Oh my gawd, it's only five weeks away and there's still so much to do! :eek:

Anyway, try this thread. Narcoossee's is in the minority:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1389180

Thank you so much that was all really helpful, and the poll has made me think about other places. Dont worry 5 weeks is longer than you think you'll be fine.

like you we have vegetarians in our party, we are concerned about this. We want something fun as well, so we have decided on o'hana, however we spoke to the manager in November last year and he said that they do a tofu skewer, we have tried to phone him on his number that he gave to us, just to confirm this before we book it, however he hasn't returned our call. We have called several times and e-mailed him, I am getting very worried about this and don't know what else to do.

Thanks

We went to Citricos Chef's Domain. It had a wide variety (my brother doesn't eat anything that breathes through gills) and was perfect for our group. The Chef's Domain is a private room that has chef interaction as well. There's a full report of it in my TR, found in my signature.

It was just fantastic for us.

Good luck!

We went to Citricos Chef's Domain. It had a wide variety (my brother doesn't eat anything that breathes through gills) and was perfect for our group. The Chef's Domain is a private room that has chef interaction as well. There's a full report of it in my TR, found in my signature.

It was just fantastic for us.

Good luck!

Thank you I did read your trip report - congratulations what a wonderful wedding - I would really like to go there but I think there will be too many of us for the CD.

Laura,

Yes, I'm under a month now! It's exciting and also, scary. Now I'm just trying to make sure all the little details are taken care of!

I loved the idea of doing personalized menus, but when we did a visit to Portobello, all the stuff we all ordered was so yummy, I didn't want to limit my guests' choices. I think at heart I'm just a wimp and didn't want to choose three options and have someone complain about it. :confused3

Good luck with the choice--Disney has so many fantasic restaurants, it's definitely hard to choose!

We had dinner at Narcoossee's after our ceremony. We were a maxed out intimate wedding, 20 of us, and I'd say that at least half won't go near seafood. This was not a problem whatsoever - the non-seafood options were plentiful and amazing. The filet mignon was just amazing!

Don't let a fear of seafood hold you back from booking your dinner here - the staff was wonderful, the restaurant lovely, food amazing and it was so nice to be able to go out on the terrace and watch Wishes. It was like our own private show!

I highly recommend Narcoossees.

My two cents,
Linda :)

I ended up with a custom wedding but originally i had planned to have an intimate wedding and have my dinner either at the Yachtsman steakhouse or at the california grill as they have a private room!

We had dinner at Narcoossee's after our ceremony. We were a maxed out intimate wedding, 20 of us, and I'd say that at least half won't go near seafood. This was not a problem whatsoever - the non-seafood options were plentiful and amazing. The filet mignon was just amazing!

Don't let a fear of seafood hold you back from booking your dinner here - the staff was wonderful, the restaurant lovely, food amazing and it was so nice to be able to go out on the terrace and watch Wishes. It was like our own private show!

I highly recommend Narcoossees.

My two cents,
Linda :)

Thank you so much I really really want to go to narcoossees for so many reasons. I just need a few more comments like this to convince me. Sadly only because of the seafood reason.

We had our dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. It was wonderful, we had custom menu's with no prices so our guests could order whatever they wanted.

we are talking of o'hana's I am glad that you posted the fact that you liked it there and that you saw the fireworks. Were you allocated a special table for this, and was there a minimum amount of guests that you were allowed on the table.

Thanks

we are talking of o'hana's I am glad that you posted the fact that you liked it there and that you saw the fireworks. Were you allocated a special table for this, and was there a minimum amount of guests that you were allowed on the table.

Thanks

we actually just kinda lucked up on the seating. We actually had 9pm seating arrangements but showed up earlier because we were hoping to get in sooner. They seated us about 10 minutes after we got there and they saw our wedding shirts, hats, etc and knew it was time for wishes so sat us accordingly-- they were os nice.

As to the specifics-- you will need to find out the wishes schedule-- but you should be able to see the fireworks from any of the seats in the restaurant. You might want to eat early and watch wishes afterwards-- sit around and talk and whatnot at the table.

I would call them for more info-- but we loved it! Im surprised more brides havent come on saying that they chose Ohanas because during my planning thats where nearly ALL the brides were eating afterwards!

not sure if it had fish, cause I hate anything that swims...but we ate at Yachtmans Steakhouse & boy oh boy was it yummy!!!

AHHHHH the memories!!:goodvibes

Thank you so much I really really want to go to narcoossees for so many reasons. I just need a few more comments like this to convince me. Sadly only because of the seafood reason.

We have the early seating and there's 3.5 hours before Wishes. One piece of advice the Narcoossee's reservations lady told me was we could hang out in their foyer area where there'd be live piano. The pianist could probably play a few songs of your choice. Also, since our ceremony is at SBP, this gives us a chance to tour the Grand Floridian for the first time ever and take photos. I was told there'd be no problem walking around the Grand Floridian in formal wear.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to get everyone from the Grand Floridian back to our hotels. Our limo will be long gone by the time Wishes is over. There's no more money in our budget, so I've been looking for cheap and efficient. There's a very good chance we'll be taking Disney transport. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter