• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Intimate Brides - Dinner!

DIsNeYSweEtHrTs

Mouseketeer
To all the Intimate brides out there who had dinner at O'Hana (or anywhere else!) - did you do any kind of decorating for the tables or anything?? I was thinking about maybe doing something to make the tables have a little more "pizzazz" but I wasn't sure what I could do - or if that type of thing is even allowed (for example, personalized menus, small centerpieces, favors, etc). Any suggestions??

My Mom and Dad had there after Vow Renewal at Grand Floridian Cafe. They let us go in a few minutes before everyone was sat, we put favors on the table. They had but Castle confetti on the table. I"m sure if you talk to them, they will let you do something.

We didn't decorate at our RD at Ohana's, but we did at the Yachtsman for our wedding dinner. Once our table was ready, my mom and stepmom went in and set up the table. We had mickey confetti from ebay(very inexpensive), mickey and minnie antenna toppers for place cards, and hershey kisses which my stepmom put stickers on the bottom of them that she had made on her computer. They had our names, the date, and a bride and groom Mickey and Minnie on them. We arranged for the Yachtsman to print menus for us that were personalized, and they took the prices off. At the beginning, we were originally going to put some flowers on the table somewhere, but we figured we needed the room for the food! :) We didn't exactly ask if we could decorate the table before we did it, but they didn't seem to mind. Our waitress even commented on how cute everything was. Here's a few pics...

wedding057-1.jpg

wedding056.jpg

Hope that helps! :)

We ate at Citrico's and we did decorate the table. It was beautiful. I asked the Mgr. beforehand, and he said it would be no problem. I just had to bring him the items I wanted set up, and a diagram of how I wanted it placed. I think it looked great.

We had small vases with roses to match my bouquet and candles with Swarovski crystal wreaths... We also had white chocolate castles from Shelly at Impressions for the place cards. They had a red ribbon with a silver name card. Everything looked so lovely...

You can see the table here....
DSC01577.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

We're having our Wedding Dinner at Citricos. We've talked with the Mgr and he said it was ok to set up the tables and we're working with Rosie to do some of the decorating and we are choosing a menu so that it's easier and won't take so long. Hope this helps! If you have any questions, you can PM me. Good luck!:thumbsup2

We are going to be having our Intimate wedding dinner at Citricos, as well.

The manager there has been absolutely wonderful to work with. And Rosie will be providing linens, chair sashes and floral centerpieces. The centerpieces are also going to be transported to our Illuminations dessert party after dinner.

Cinderella Fan ~ Thank you for posting pics. It's great to be able to see the Chef's Table set-up with a party!

You're welcome Starseed! The Chef's Domain table was a surprise to us, a special gift from the Manager. He is really super - and great to work with.

We also had a special menu, we picked the items to be included and they took off the prices. They also printed "Congratulations Angela and BG" on the top. :banana:

They really did a great job - I was really happy that we decided to go with Citrico's. We couldn't have picked a better restaurant to have our small reception...:love:

My fiance and I are planning on the private room at V&A for ours. Anyone have pictures of that?

My fiance and I have been looking at lots of restaurants for our intimate wedding reception in April 2007. Citricos, Victoria and Albert, GF conference center, Narcoosee and California Grill (private room). Citricos and Cal grill are our final two choices, any advice? We really want a private room as our 18 guests are coming from the UK and we would like a private area for speeches etc. V and A only have 2 seating times and altho the room looked wonderful it didnt feel 'friendly' in there. The manager was very helpful but didnt have any 'Disney spirit' which we want!!! Its also very expensive and reviews I have read said it was very over priced.

BeckyB29 and Cinderella Fan, you're tables are gorgeous!! I really love the antenna topper idea! I love Disney antenna toppers but never thought of using them for place card holders - how creative! :thumbsup2
I really love the set-up you had, Cinderella Fan. It looks so romantic with the candles, roses and crystal wreaths, it's just beautiful. I'm getting excited with all the possibilities we have, I didn't even know we could decorate! Thanks everyone!

My fiance and I have been looking at lots of restaurants for our intimate wedding reception in April 2007. Citricos, Victoria and Albert, GF conference center, Narcoosee and California Grill (private room). Citricos and Cal grill are our final two choices, any advice? We really want a private room as our 18 guests are coming from the UK and we would like a private area for speeches etc. V and A only have 2 seating times and altho the room looked wonderful it didnt feel 'friendly' in there. The manager was very helpful but didnt have any 'Disney spirit' which we want!!! Its also very expensive and reviews I have read said it was very over priced.

ClaireandSimon ~ I'm pretty sure that the Chef's Table (private room) at Citricos can't accommodate 18 people. But with 18 people, the V&A food and beverage minimum should definitely be do-able. I can't remember what it is exactly, but for ten of us, it was really a bit much. Good luck with your decision!

CinderellaFan ~ What a wonderful gift for the manager to arrange the Chef's Table for your wedding party! We can't wait to have our dinner there. :goodvibes

Claire - Citrico's is a wonderful place for your reception, again I may be biased....:cutie: Unfortunately, the Chef's Domain table (the only private room in the restaurant) will only accomodate 12. I asked about this when we were having 20 of us. I was told this very fimly by the manager.

The private rooms at the CG are equally as wonderful. I think I have some pics of the Sonoma room - they may be a bit dark. But I see if I can find them some where.

I think for your party of 18, the California Grille would be the best choice. That way you have plenty of room to move around and you will be private.

Good luck with your decision - which ever you pick will be wonderful....:wizard:

I love how both of your tables turned out! I want to have centerpieces or something fun done for sure! I think it just looks so pretty with the candles and place cards!

Does anyone know if there is an extra cost for the rooms at the California Grill? That is where we decided to have our reception, and I didn't even think about booking a private room! That would be even better!

with all of the delicious food of course! :goodvibes

We had our 'intimate dinner reception' at Ohana's after our WP wedding. We had close to 20 folks in our party. They sat us at the long tables in the middle of the room. This buffet dinner is served 'family style' so there are several bowls, serving racks, plates and food at any given moment.

~Just something to think about. Ultimately, do whatever makes your heart content.

Congratulations. Your wedding day will be so magical.

P.S. BEWARE - Only book your ressies at Ohana's if you want fabulous food (plenty of it) and fun (even more of it).

Does anyone know if there is an extra cost for the rooms at the California Grill? That is where we decided to have our reception, and I didn't even think about booking a private room! That would be even better!

VistaLeigh'sMommy ~ A fellow Sunset Pointe bride!! A great choice of venue. Not that I'm biased or anything... ;)

The private rooms at Cali Grill do have food and beverage minimums. I think the smaller one at one point had a minimum of $2,000 for evenings.

I love how both of your tables turned out! I want to have centerpieces or something fun done for sure! I think it just looks so pretty with the candles and place cards!

I just got back from my holiday and 'pre wedding investigations' in Florida (we are from UK) and I have been to look at loads of private rooms for our reception as my family prefere that even tho there will only be 20 of us. Cal Grill have 2 private rooms one has a min expenditure of $2000 and the slightly more impressive room is min expenditure of $3000. We are considering this one for our reception as once you total up food and beverage with 20 people it could well cover that amount. I have some pics so will try to upload them.
:cheer2:

thanks claireandsimon!!! I think that it won't work for us because we only have 12 of us... hmmm... I can look at the menu and try and figure out how much we will spend.

I'd love to see the pics!

We are not sure where we would like to have dinner after our ceremony. Any suggestions?

Also, do they include dinner with the Illuminations reception?

Any help would be appreciated. We have so many choices! Thank you!

Love the antenna toppers idea. How did you balance them on the table? What pen did you use to write the guests names? Cheers Claire

I'm wanting to have dinner at the polynesian and go to the luau show... spirit of aloha... has anyone been there and do you think that'd be a nice place to have a dinner? could I decorate the tables there as well?

The reason I wanted to do it there was because my mother has ALWAYS wanted to see the show and eat there but we've never been able to, so I wanted to surprise her with it.. and also it will tie into our honeymoon because we are probably going somewhere tropical.. like hawaii or tahiti.

thanks everyone for any help! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter