Interview the person below you AGAIN!

Psychometrika said:
So Viki, what was the final date selected for the Nov 07 meet? I'm not very good on this board yet and either I just missed it or don't know where to look in the sticky post. Thanks!

The 2007 meet is going to be the week of 11/25/07, just after Thanksgiving and many of us are going to try and stay somewhere in the Epcot Resort area. I hope to start helping us all plan for this as soon as Gwen and I return from our August 06 trip, that way those of us using our DVC points will be able to get in at our 11-month windows if we own at BCV or BWV. So, there will be lots more coming in the next few months.

Hey MamaTwinkles, you still out there? (She has offered to do a lot of our planning)

waiting for Mama Twinkles...

I am going to do my darndest to attend the meet in November (i SOOOOO much want to put faces to log-in names and get to know everybody better :goodvibes ) but there's a whole lotta stuff that potentially might intervene betweem then and now -- i think i'm watcha might call a "definite maybe".

Now -- here is my interview question: There is a famous quote (Lillian Hellman -- maybe???)that hopefully i can paraphrase but not totally butcher: "Life is only understood in the past; but can only be lived in the present." Do you agree, disagree, and why????

TuckandStuiesMom said:
Now -- here is my interview question: There is a famous quote (Lillian Hellman -- maybe???)that hopefully i can paraphrase but not totally butcher: "Life is only understood in the past; but can only be lived in the present." Do you agree, disagree, and why????

I agree with this philosophy. I think you have to learn from the past, and make informed choices in the present in order to truly live.

I want to continue this question to find out how others feel about it... "Life is only understood in the past; but can only be lived in the present." Do you agree, disagree, and why????

I'll bite.

Understand: To perceive and comprehend the nature and significance of; grasp
Live: To be alive; exist.

IMO, living fully is all about perception so that in many cases comprehension of the nature and significance of life is something that happens after the fact

I wonder how a Buddhist would answer this question. Some branches of Buddhism are very much into awareness/perception and the intelligent awareness of our mental and physical states. Perhaps for them, it's more likely comprehension is in fact simultaneous with action.

I've learned over the years that I have a very thick skin when it comes to emotional process. As if everything that happens in the course of day has to work its way down to the heart and then bubble back up to the surface (sometimes pretty inappropriately). So I pretty much only understand my emotional life in the past tense ("How do you Feel?" "I don't know...give me a couple days to think about it.")

Although on the other hand, I believe there are a lot of people who primarily live in the future (the planners) who don't necessarily live in the present to the fullest.

I guess I'll continue with the same question:
Do you agree or disagree with the following and why:
"Life is only understood in the past; but can only be lived in the present."

Or if you're tired of that game and want to go onto to something else (I'm all about choices):

What was the first movie you ever saw in a theater?

What was the first movie you ever saw in a theater?
The Blob -- I think I was about 5 and it scared me sh*tless :eek: I hunkered down in my seat, covered my eyes, and cried -- every time the big ole smokin' booger appeared on screen.
"Life is only understood in the past; but can only be lived in the present."
Well, I think that movie experience has a whole lot to do with why, even now at age 52, I have to get up and make a restroom trip... or go get some more raisinettes... or something, whenever I'm at a movie and it turns scary. I even abandoned my then 4 yo son at Jurassic Park during the "raptors in the kitchen" scene. Thankfully unlike his mother, he survived the awful-scary-terrible movie experience unscathed -- he was just pleased that I brought back more popcorn. popcorn::
Unlike Lillian Hellman, I do not live the "examined" life. Although at my age, it is highly likely more of my life is behind me now, than in front of me -- so that has given me some perspective. It is interesting, some events that seemed like minor decisions at the time, turned out to be quite pivotal. Having a minor dust-up with my then current boyfriend led me to the love of my life. Being denied a minor promotion at a previous job led to a job interview that turned into a life-time career. I'm not so sure about the old saying about God closing one door and opening another but it DOES seem to be an underlying thread in my life's tapestry. ...so YEAH, I DO agree with it.
Like Mr. Bear from Seattle, I too am all about the choices sooo...
"Life is only understood in the past; but can only be lived in the present." Agree? Disagree?
or
What was you favorite game when you were a little kid -- and why?

OK there's a whole bunch of conversations going on here lets see.....

books and movies , I don't know I love the book I'm reading at the moment , whatever moment that may be. Same for movies. It use to be I never put a book down or stopped a movie , but now if I'm not getting into it I get rid of it.

Last real boyfriend has been years , I've dated but I made the choice to not bring home a busload of boys to meet the kids unless we were serious and that hasn't happened YET.

My favorite vacation was 5 ( maybe 6 years ago) I spent a week in Seattle from there I went to Las Vegas for 3 days and then I went to Montreal to stay with friends for a week and it was pride. There was SOME FUN going on that vacation !!!!!

Favorite WDW trip , I love several of my trips at Boardwalk ,one with 8 family members for 10 days- 3 years ago took my mom to Poly for her 50th we stayed concierge lagoon view , that was nice.-
another with friends for a week during gay days aahhhhhhhhhhhh :goodvibes

I've never made out in the haunted Mansion but did fool around in ,near and around the swimming pools of BWV ( before I bought there )

I love Le Cellier , even before it got popular. Also love to eat in Mexico.

Lets see what other post did I see.....

I live just south of Boston , I moved into the city when I came out and lived there for 3 years that was nice.

My favorite Disney character is DOPEY. I love him. He's caring, loving, tender, and even if he makes mistakes its not intentional. And he's ALWAYS happy !

I know these aren't in order ......

Oh I VERY MUCH DISLIKE the value resorts. I stayed there for my first time in Feb of this year ( POP) and came home and bought DVC , cause I never want to stay there again.!!!!!!.

I liked the Keys to the kingdom tour cause of the Utilidors<SP> but liked the Tour of the entire World showcase ( not sure of the name right now) with lunch in Morocco.

I don't care for rude people, even if it feels like that's all that vacations at WDW.

Sure sometimes things don't go my way , I get stuck in traffic or the trash bag breaks when I bring it out but.....I love my friends and family and I'm HAPPY with the life I live ,so my question to YOU....

ARE YOU HAPPY , if not what are you going to do to change that?

:sunny:

I'll take a cue from Boston5602 and answer all of the things asked around here that I find interesting. I am a relatively new poster here, so this makes for a good intro. :)

I have a pet: A Basset Hound named Toby...sweetest dog ever.

My hobbies are riding roller coasters(I have been to 23 parks across the country and ridden 132 coasters), college sports (ROLL TIDE!), and musical theater (Currently appearing in a production of Little Shop Of Horrors).

I grew up in Tuscaloosa, AL and Rome, Ga - Southern boy here!

My All time favorite movie is Stand By Me. It is so honest and real about what makes friendships real. Why we are close to some people even when they aren't always nice to us, and how our experiences make us all who we are.

Favorite Disney Character is Pinocchio because when I was little I lied about everything. Not to be mean or deceitful, just to make the world more interesting...

I met my partner online, like so many others. We weren't looking for a date at the time. *ahem* But we talked and decided to take a shot and have a real date. We went to dinner, then to see Harry Potter, then back to my house to watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch. We found a deep mutual admiration for music, theater, college sports, and roller coasters. It has been an amazing 5 years!

I've only been to WDW twice - when I was 2 and then again when I was 14. We'll be making our grand return this year the week before Christmas. Because of that, I don't have any Favorites of WDW.

The first person I came out to was one of my high school friends. It was our sophmore year in college, and she lived in Tenessee and I lived in Alabama, so if she freaked out, I would have some distance to protect me. Turns out i didn't need it, as she was totally wonderful about it all, very supportive. We have remained friends since then and each attended the other's wedding.

We hadn't planned on going to WDW for the 2007 meet, but this far out, we could definately make the plans. I need to get to know more of you guys before you have me hook line and sinker :)

And finally (...I know, 'bout time, right?) I am mostly happy. I have a great job, a great dog, a great husband, great relationships with my family, enough money to be comfortable, and general good health. The only thing I'm not happy with is my physique - 50 pounds overweight. I am eating correctly, and working out each day to try to change that.

And now for my question:
If you could go back in time for 30 minutes where and when would you go and what would you do?

Join the unhappy weight club. You know genes really, totally, miserably, (insert descriptives here) suck. I'm in the same boat. While I've had really great luck with SouthBeach, I've made the decision to go back to Weight Watchers - if for no other reason, to have the guilt of weighing in every week keep me "honest". In 41 years I haven't built up my will power, and I doubt it will happen any time soon. You hear the stories "oh just don't eat so much and work out like a madman". Ok... so before an injury, I did that. I was at the gym for at least an hour a day, dieted religiously for almost three years. Did I EVER see those six packs? HA! I look like my mother - sad to say it. As we inherit the vast majority of our genetic makeup from dear old mom, that wasn't a good thing. To top it all off - I've got a husband who is nearly 50 and wears a size 30" pants. AAAAGH! I just want to kill him when we go shopping. No human male above the age of 18 has any right to wear a 30"! (Kidding of course). So it's Jack Sprat and his wife over here. Anyway, enough dieting chat.

Hmmm, 30 minutes. So hard to say. I know I should say I'd love to go back and meet some incredible person, or witness some once in a lifetime event...and of course I would LOVE to do just that...but if I had a single 30 minutes to go back to.... I'd go back to 1983.... and spend just 30 more minutes with the love of my life, before he got into the car that took him to the next phase of existence. When it's too late, even to spend 30 minutes more would be wonderful. Alas, I don't think we'll be living on the moon in my lifetime, let alone developing a time machine.

Gosh. What a morbid post. Oh well. I'll go check out what's up at WDW to cheer me up. :sad2:

Well, I would have to say the Cathedral of Saint the Divine in NYC and magnificent Mozart Mass in C minor (it might last a little bit longer than half of an hour).

Now, what would you do to the Haunted Mansion to improve it?

:malifecen

Well, I don't think I would change a thing--HM is an institution--the fun kind! Well, maybe I'd add a gay ghost or two :rotfl:

If you could have your dream job at WDW, what job would you want?

Oh I would LUV, LUV, LUV to be the pony wrangler at the Fort Wildeness Campground. Those are the sweetest little ponies anywhere. (Please see this pic recently posted in the Camping Forum)>>>>
DSC00106.JPG

When in the world, do you prefer Table Service, Counter Service, or Quick on-the-go Snacking? and why?

Table service if at all possible. We usually do counter service either because I'm too unorganized to do ADR's or we've got too much to do. However, I refuse to snack and walk. I invariably wear my food anytime I attempt to do that. Eating requires sitting down!

What's your preference, DL or WDW and why? (Sorry, it's a pretty lame question, but I'm brain dead).

Oh this is fun!

It may be wrong of me to answer this question because I have never done a comparission and though I have been up and down the eastern seaboard the farthest west I have been is Ohio. I choose DW HANDS DOWN! I can't imagine experiencing Disney any other way. I love the hotels. I love EPCOT. I love MGM and Animal Kingdom. I love that I can easily book a Disney vacation followed by a weeklong cruise. What could be better than that?!? DW is clearly where it's at for me.

:cheer2:

Ok, my question:

What is the one thing that you want to do most before you die?

SparklieSunShine said:

What is the one thing that you want to do most before you die?

This may sound bland... but it is an honest to goodness answer. ... One thing that I would want to do/accomplish is to be able to take my biological parents to a trip to the WDW and just enjoy their company just like the old times when they 1st had taken me to a Disney Parks when I was a kid.

Some parents just dont understand the choices their kids make that it causes a barrier to their affection. I am hoping one day they would come to term that the choices I made are the choices that made and makes me happy.

Sorry to sound soapy...

Now my question: Have you encountered a disconcerning situation with your stay at any Disney Resort.... like dirty rooms, stains on the sheets condom under the bed ( I did Last Oct 4th to be exact!! :sad2: ) etc... and what would you do about it ?

ANTSS2001 said:
This may sound bland... but it is an honest to goodness answer. ... One thing that I would want to do/accomplish is to be able to take my biological parents to a trip to the WDW and just enjoy their company just like the old times when they 1st had taken me to a Disney Parks when I was a kid.

Some parents just dont understand the choices their kids make that it causes a barrier to their affection. I am hoping one day they would come to term that the choices I made are the choices that made and makes me happy.

That doesn't sound bland to me at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter