Internet Rates on the Dream

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have the latest internet rates on the Dream? Thanks

Internet charges are the same for every Disney Cruise Ship to my knowledge. This info came from the DIS website:
  • Pay as you go - $0.25 per megabyte
  • Small package - 100 megabytes for $19 ($0.19 per megabyte)
  • Medium package - 300 megabytes for #39 ($0.13 per megabyte)
  • Large package - 1,000 megabytes for $80 ($0.09 per megabyte)
  • Concierge guests in Cat S, T and V will get 100 free megabytes of internet.
  • Concierge guests in Cat R will get free internet for the length of the cruise.
It's might be good to note that normally I have gotten 25 or 50 free MB on the first day of the cruise whenever I have gone to book an internet package. Make sure you look whenever you board, but I wouldn't use it until the ship is out at sea.

Anyone know how "far" 100MB will get you? Just trying to gauge if we need to buy any more MB or not.

100 plus whatever the initial free 25 or 50 package was enough to get me through the 5 day Dream. But I only used it on my phone to check my email a few times and to use the "whatsapp" app. But you have to be extremely careful to fix up your phone so that certain things dont drain the package. My sister had the same package but it was gone in a day because she didnt turn off certain apps from updating (I think facebook).

Do you get a message saying you are at the end? Also, does it turn the internet off when you reach the end or does it go in overtime?
I am going a a 3 day cruise but will be doing Facebook. Do you think 100 is enough?

Do you get a message saying you are at the end? Also, does it turn the internet off when you reach the end or does it go in overtime?
I am going a a 3 day cruise but will be doing Facebook. Do you think 100 is enough?

It depends how long you use it. With Facebook, I can easily go through 50+ MB a day with it. What I will do is post stuff off and on, or check and see if I got any notifications. If that isn't the case, I'll get off the app and sign out of my internet. Make sure you sign out of your internet package when you are done. That will definitely save MB. With the free package plus 100 MB, I could say that is doable. I just don't know how much you like to look at Facebook on your cruise. If you are worried about it, the 300 MB should be plenty for a three day cruise.

The internet will end once you reach it. I think it sends you an email, but when you open the internet browser or sign in to the internet, the bar will indicate how much you have left or if you are out of internet. I'm pretty sure it never charged me overtime. Disney has specific internet you can use with the app, so it won't cancel you from the internet for that reason I believe.

Thank You, I may just get the 300 so I don't have to think about it.

Thank You, I may just get the 300 so I don't have to think about it.

They'll be a connect at sea desk onboard. If you're unsure, just pop to them, explain what you plan in doing online and they'll help you choose the right package, and can advise you on how to make that package last as long as possible.

IMG_0357.JPG
Internet charges are the same for every Disney Cruise Ship to my knowledge. This info came from the DIS website:
  • Pay as you go - $0.25 per megabyte
  • Small package - 100 megabytes for $19 ($0.19 per megabyte)
  • Medium package - 300 megabytes for #39 ($0.13 per megabyte)
  • Large package - 1,000 megabytes for $80 ($0.09 per megabyte)
  • Concierge guests in Cat S, T and V will get 100 free megabytes of internet.
  • Concierge guests in Cat R will get free internet for the length of the cruise.
It's might be good to note that normally I have gotten 25 or 50 free MB on the first day of the cruise whenever I have gone to book an internet package. Make sure you look whenever you board, but I wouldn't use it until the ship is out at sea.

Large package was $89 on Fantasy last week. I have a hard time believing it's cheaper on the Dream as opposed to the Fantasy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter