Internet question

mgroshans

DIS Veteran
We will be going to stay at Kidani in October, what do we need to bring with us to hook up our laptop to the internet? :confused3 Don't want to sound dumb, but we want to make sure we bring everything. :thumbsup2

nothing else needed. they have the ethernet cable in the closet. I am using it right now!!
If you want to dowmload pictures from your camera to your laptop, be sure to bring the connection cable. That's what I forgot to bring on this trip!

I did bring a small wireless access point so i could be wireless in the room. It really came in handy so I could be "out of the way" of my DW :rotfl2:

I also forgot my cord for my camera. When I was on the cruise the photo department let me barrow one for the entire length of stay which I thought was very nice considering they sold them there. When I was at WDW I was able to download my picts to CD.

I did bring a small wireless access point so i could be wireless in the room.

What did you use to provide the wireless access? I believe that would be really handy, but not sure what you need for that.

DC

I use a MAC and use the Airport Express from Apple but you could use any wireless router. I just looked up one from staples.com....

Netgear WGR614NA Wireless-G Router $39.99.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know if the tvs have the required jacks or whatever so that you can use them as a monitor? My laptop is on its last leg but I would love to bring the Mac mini if I could hook it up to the tv.

We recently switched to Macbooks and tried use our old router, a DLink, at CBR in June. Both of my BIL's worked at it off and on for a couple of days and couldn't get it to work. We're thinking about buying an Airport Express to use just for travel. If we stay at higher end hotels, they usually only have ethernet cords. Which is fine if one of us sits at the desk, but since we both have laptops, it is a bit limiting and time consuming for us each to switch off using the ethernet.

Anyone know if the tvs have the required jacks or whatever so that you can use them as a monitor? My laptop is on its last leg but I would love to bring the Mac mini if I could hook it up to the tv.

I think it would depend on which resort you were at. We stayed at VWL and they still have the old TV's that just have the RCA jacks on the front. In that case you could use Apple's DVI to Video Adapter $19.00. If you were at one of the resorts that have the flat screen i assume they would have a DVI or VGA input.

We recently switched to Macbooks and tried use our old router, a DLink, at CBR in June. Both of my BIL's worked at it off and on for a couple of days and couldn't get it to work. We're thinking about buying an Airport Express to use just for travel. If we stay at higher end hotels, they usually only have ethernet cords. Which is fine if one of us sits at the desk, but since we both have laptops, it is a bit limiting and time consuming for us each to switch off using the ethernet.

I love my Airport Express. It is the original that came out a number of years ago and it works great for travel.

I think it would depend on which resort you were at. We stayed at VWL and they still have the old TV's that just have the RCA jacks on the front. In that case you could use Apple's DVI to Video Adapter $19.00. If you were at one of the resorts that have the flat screen i assume they would have a DVI or VGA input.

Great news. If we take the mini we'll be sure to bring a few different adapters. We'll be at AKV Jambo House so I don't know what we'll need.

I use a MAC and use the Airport Express from Apple but you could use any wireless router. I just looked up one from staples.com....

Netgear WGR614NA Wireless-G Router $39.99.

Hope this helps.

I use the Airport Express with my Vista laptop with my business travel, I love it. Really nice even if the the hotel has an option of wired or wireless, because I can use the wired connection to the Airport Express and both my iPhone and laptop can share the signal.

Nice thing about Airport Express vs. other routers is that it really is the perfect form factor for travel. Very portable and doesn't have any loose antennas that could break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter