• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Internet Fees

WOW, thats STEEP!!!! :scared1:

$9.95/day is the cheapest I've seen in any hotel that charges for Internet in years ... I would say $15-20/day is more normal ... and I've never stayed in a hotel with free Internet where the Internet actually worked.

I was reminded that Disney does not provide the internet service, but a third party vendor (I believe Smart City Telecom). The third party sets the price. I doubt Disney is in control of the prices or service.

$9.95/day is the cheapest I've seen in any hotel that charges for Internet in years ... I would say $15-20/day is more normal ... and I've never stayed in a hotel with free Internet where the Internet actually worked.

Oh, my, yes. $9.95 is a bargain at a high-end resort like the Poly. I've paid $16 at Marriotts, and I've heard of friends paying daily rates as high as $20.

Wow... I just stayed at a condo offsite and it was I believe $20 for the week. But that said I also stayed at a Marriott for a night at the start of the trip and it was $15 for the night.

Disney is the only place where I stayed that I've had to pay for internet. I had great service in the other places too, with only one exception.

I read that Disney doesn't have wireless internet access anywhere on the property.

There is limited WiFi service available in public areas at the so-called "convention" resorts, such as YC, CR, etc., but not in resort rooms.

I believe the PP was referring to something like a Sprint Broadband Connect or Verizon Broadband Access card, which uses a cellular signal to provide high-speed Internet access, not a WiFi card. Those cards should work at WDW.

I bring my laptop and use dial-up in the room. I have AOL and if you choose a local 407 number, the calls are free. It works for us to check email and Ebay. Don't forget to plug the phone back into the jack after you are done using the phonewire for your laptop. Local calls are free.

of course you can always just take your own wireless card with you.

Assuming you mean a cell-based wireless card, then yes, that's correct. Standard WiFi is only available in limited areas at WDW, and it costs the same as the wired service in the rooms.

DVC = Free wired access when staying on points, otherwise as others have stated, its $9.95/day.

I too agree the price is reasonable. Free internet is often slow and spotty at hotels that offer it (usually lower end business traveler hotels), higher end resorts almost always charge for the service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter