Internet and Cable ???

Tink-n-MrIncredible

DIS Veteran
Please tell me who you have your internet with and roughly the price and if you like it? Also do you have cable or a dish or something else for tv service? My cable is going up another 20.00 Jan 1st.:scared1: Last year it went up twice.:mad: I am tired of paying a high cable bill.

I live in Atlanta and have AT&T Uverse. I LOVE IT! It's fiber optic based TV & internet and has a great picture quality. I pay around $130 a month, but I have fast internet (6 Mbps) and the U300 package (everything but HBO, etc) If you're up north, it's similar to Verizon FiOS.

We have Comcast and pay way too much!!!! I want ATT Uverse to be available where I am but it's not here yet......something about needing to run more cables. I don't know why, I'm in the middle of town but Comcast is the only high speed internet that is available here.

Here we have Time Warner and for cable, HD DVR box, internet, phone and security it all comes to around $170 a month including taxes and such. Lots, but we get lots of use out of it. :rotfl:

I have DirecTV, HBO & HDDVR $99 a month, we use to have our own Internet/cable system in our City but it just got sold to Comcast so my bill is doubling to $42 a month, Vonage phone $18 a month for 500 minutes nation wide calling.

I tried looking for another internet service provider, but at the moment I could only find AT&T where I live and I would need a hard phone line...which is another $30 a month

I tried looking for another internet service provider, but at the moment I could only find AT&T where I live and I would need a hard phone line...which is another $30 a month

Not true. Look for DSL Direct. I had that before I had Uverse. It's 5 dollars more than the regular DSL and you don't have to have a phone line. They still run through the the phone jack and it will have a phone #, but no voice service through it, just data. Hope this helps...

I have Fios internet and Cable with 3 boxes. It's 101 a month right now but I think it's going up like $5 or so a month in January. I love the picture and the channels I get and the internet is fast and they give you a wireless router thing with your service which is good. My main beef with them is their customer service. It is absolutely awful! If I call them, they just continuously transfer me until I am either hung up on or I just get sick of it and hang up myself. And one time when I called a guy told me if I wanted to ask him any questions it would cost me $500 and he wanted my credit card number. I wanted to call back to complain, but I couldn't actually get someone to file a complaint with :mad:

Sometimes they respond if I send an email, but it takes days and sometimes a few back and forths before they actually even begin to answer my question. So if everything is going good, Fios is great! But if you need help, good luck!

We have Wideopenwest. Digital cable package (we do not have pay channels like HBO, Showtime, etc. but our package does come with a bunch of STARZ channels), high-speed internet, and dvr for about $106 a month.

:) Michele

eta: Yes, we're happy with WOW. Every once in awhile, the cable goes out for the morning or internet isn't accessible for a few hours. No major issues though.

We have our internet cable and phone through Cablevision and pay about $170 a month but we have all kinds of extra stuff on it. I believe just the basic is about $100-$120. We get perks for having all 3 through them too the best being free movie tickets on Tuesday (2 free/rest discounted)

My cable is with Comcast (who I really don't like but there is no other option!!!) and it runs $74 for the Digital plus on two tvs. I needed the soap network!! ;)

My internet is with AT&T. We have the super fast kind and it's about $29-$34 but I don't remember which it is.

Right now, we're with Time Warner (no choice) for phone, internet, digital cable with dvr. $125/month. I'd only added the phone because it was cheaper than just cable and internet, because of a promotion.

On Friday, our ATT Uverse is getting installed. They JUST got the right lines to our area, finally. I got a promotional price, $115/month for 3 TV's, phone, and internet. This price is good for 12 months, then it reverts to the regular price of about $125. Plus I'm supposed to be getting $100 cash back, an additional $100 cash back, and $50 cash back for ordering online. No contract, have to try for a minimum of 30 days. Worst part: they need access to all 3 tvs and the computer. The living room tv is no big deal, but the girls' room?! Yikes. And worst of all: MY ROOM! :scared1: (It's the old garage, so it's also storage.)

We pay $90/month for basic plus cable(no digital, no boxes, no prem channels) and internet. The cable alone costs about $54/month and the internet $36.

I'm in Canada but just to add to the price comparison, we have high speed internet "lite", cable (with a free speciality channel bundle), and phone for $120. Our phone includes 5 extra features (call waiting, call answer e.t.c) and all of our long distance is free as long as it's in North America.
It's perfect for us.. though if we did more downloading I would bump it up to the Full high speed internet for 10 dollars more.

We have FIOS which we love, but we also loved DTV(which we had before the fios). I miss the music stations with the DTV, and I miss the TIVO which was better than the fios DVR. DTV depends on where you live though, you have to get a good line of sight or it wont work.

DirecTV- We have the middle tier (can't remember the name). No premium channels or sports packages. 2 HD boxes, 1 DVR, 2 regular boxes (for bedroom TVs). Bill is $98.XX a month.

Internet/Phone- Through local phone company. Basic local calling with pay as you go long distance. Only added feature is call waiting and caller id. DSL internet. $72 a month.

I think our phone/internet is a little high, but we never have problems with service. Verizon does not service our development, and the only other internet option is Comcast.....but their cable prices are outrageous.

I have Optimum. We pay $106/month for cable (expanded basic, no HBO etc.), internet (super fast), and VOIP phone service. I love it!

We live in Tampa and have Brighthouse Cable. We downsized after moving here, so we have just basic basic cable - like networks + TBS. I found we were watching way too much television with the digital cable we had before. We also have "lite" internet. We pay $30 total for the both, with taxes and everything included. Actually like $30.07 if you want to get specific

Another thumbs-up for AT&T U-verse (St. Louis market)!

Instead of 6-month "teaser" rates, AT&T offers a great price for a truly superior cable/internet package when compared to the incumbent CATV company (Charter Communications).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter