Internet access on cell phone

DisneyNutMic

Mouseketeer
If you have it, how often do you use it?? Do you feel it's worth the fee you pay to have it?? Would you add it to your current plan for $10 a month?? I can't decide if I want it or not so I'm asking for your help.

I have the plan where I pay for it as I use it. The only time I have used it is when out of town to check into SWA or find some place when I am lost. I don't use it very often and don't really want to. The most I have been charged was $2.00. The per KB fee through ATT is very reasonable.
On the other hand since they restructured their fees. It was $30 for unlimited but is now only $15 for 200 KB I am considering. I still don't think I NEED it but it would be nice just not sure if it is worth $180 a year.

I want an I-phone so bad I can almost taste it but it's not really in the budget just yet. I am thinking about adding internet though when I get my new phone next week. I will be locked in for two years so I might as well have a phone I like and use. There are some things that I think would be useful to have access though. Plus I work a long way from home and could surf during lunch or while I'm waiting to pick my son up from his Dad. I think it might be worth it for me. Plus I'm pretty sure I could drop it if I see that I'm not using that feature.

I'm not getting a "smart" phone. That's why I'm able to add it so cheap. I'm getting what they are calling a hybrid phone. It has internet capabilities but it's not a "smart phone".

On my iphone, I am using the data 24/7. A huge portion of the apps that I use require Internet access. If I had only a web browser w/o all the apps on a smart phone, I'm sure I would use it very infrequently.

I access the internet every day from my iPhone. I'm spoiled. :rotfl:

It took me several years to break down and add it to my phone. Now I use it all the time - every single day. We pay $19/month I think. It's worth it to me.

I can't speak for other providers, but if you have a smartphone on verizon, you MUST carry the data package.

That's why we have it but I do admit it is very nice. We check movie times, resturant locations etc all the time when we are out. Certainly not a "need", but a nice want.

If the phone doesn't have a good interface for using the web, then no. My old LG EnV2 was terrible to use on the internet because it really wasn't designed for that purpose. Now that I have a Droid, I constantly use the internet because it is so much faster and easier to use.

I love it and use it every day. I think mine is $30/month. I used it yesterday to do a price comparision while shopping yesterday and instead of buying it in the store, I saw that amazon was selling it for $20 cheaper.

Can't live without it.

I'm paying $29/month for my unlimited data package. I had the lower package (I forget the usage amount, I want to say it was $10 for 100 megabytes?) and the first 5 days I was on the plan I used 4 times the monthly allowance!!!! I love the internet and need constant access or feel ill.

Until I got the smart phone, I didn't use the internet all that much. But I still had a 1mb plan for a couple dollars on my line (back when at&t bundled texts with internet), I never removed the data when I upped the texting to unlimited family. It came in handy like checking my email, and it's probably ok for facebook. But not too many sites have a mobile browser, and even then it doesn't show up well on a regular phone.

For the most part, you're not locked into added features like that. So you can add the unlimited data for 10$ (which is the price AT&T charges for non smart phone users), and see how you like it. If you don't think you need it, call and change it to a lower plan or cancel.

Anytime I have something on my line that I need to upgrade or downgrade, I just give them a call and they change it for me. Need international calling for a few weeks?? call and activate that plan and pay for only the amount of time you need it. Need unlimited texting one month but not all the time, just call and change your plan. They're even good about backdating it to the previous bill if you wind up with a larger than expected bill...

Love it use it everyday. I get all kinds of apps from news and weather to just ridiculous fun features. If someone took my phone and told me I had to have a regular phone from now on I might cry lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter