International payments for rented points

Sue's Mum

DIS Veteran
I have rented some points to a person who does not live in the UK. What is the best way of receiving payment? I believe that Paypal have a 3% commission charge. If anyone has rented from/to a person not living in their country, how have you made/received payment please?

I rented from someone in the US - I had to pay the paypal fees.

Hope this helps

I think the best option is Paypal, you could ask them to pay the processing fee.

Or

They could do an electronic wire from their bank account to yours, although I think there is a charge on boths sides for wiring money and a risk as you will be giving out your bank details!

Or

If there is a enough time before their stay on your points, get them to send you a cheque or a money order. Ideally you will need enough time to receive the money and clear the funds in your account before their check-in date, just in case!

jools

I use Paypal and have asked the renter to pay the 3% fee. I haven't had any problems yet and they have been happy to pay it.

Its the easiest way in my opinion when renting to the US from the UK.

I rented points out to someone in the US last year and again used paypal and the trasnaction went smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter