International Gateway rope drop.... needing advice!!!

hardlabor

Mouseketeer
we are staying at BCV so will be using IG for entry. Our hope is to stand by Frozen and then stand by Soarin before out 10:30 am FP for TT. Has anyone done this or is it even feasible??? Thoughts and advice welcome! (We do have FP for Frozen on another day but we had a late addition to our party who cannot get one so we are trying to accommodate our new guest!)

It's a shorter walk from the front gate but you can make it to Frozen and be off it in time for your FP

we are staying at BCV so will be using IG for entry. Our hope is to stand by Frozen and then stand by Soarin before out 10:30 am FP for TT. Has anyone done this or is it even feasible??? Thoughts and advice welcome! (We do have FP for Frozen on another day but we had a late addition to our party who cannot get one so we are trying to accommodate our new guest!)
The international gateway opens at the same time as the main entry. When I entered from the main entry at rope drop I was able to ride frozen twice in a row without fastpasses with 0 wait time. I'm not sure how long the wait would be for soarin after you ride Frozen, but you need to do Frozen first for sure.

We did this in October, however it was EMH so we were able to do FEA with literally no wait, just walking through the queue and then TT with zero wait, these were the two rides we did not have FP+ for. Regular RD at 9am maybe more crowded, probably 15-20 minute wait for Frozen then Soarin about the same.

We just did this on President's Day. There are far less people waiting at the IG entrance since the buses drop off at the front gate. We got there at 8:30am and there was a short line. They let us through the ticket scanners and metal detectors early and then stopped us right there. They let us in a little before 9:00. We walked fast and were able to beat almost all the people from the front gate except a few teenagers that were running. Frozen was a walk on and we were off by 9:10am. The wait for Soarin by the time we got over there was 40 minutes. So, yes, I think you can make it.

Not sure about the timing, but if your fastpass is at 10:30, you have an hour window. So as long as you have enough time to get there before 11:30 you will be fine.

Awesome! We hOped it was doable! I am hoping the stand by time at Soarin is a little shorter than 40 minutes but we have several Epcot days so we do have FP another day for it if need be! I had read on another board of people being let in at 8:40 at the main gate so I got worried!

I had read on another board of people being let in at 8:40 at the main gate so I got worried!
That does happen at times-Epcot seems to "change-up" Park Openings somewhat frequently.

If the MG opens at 8:40 AM,"theoretically" the IG should as well.:)

Awesome! We hOped it was doable! I am hoping the stand by time at Soarin is a little shorter than 40 minutes but we have several Epcot days so we do have FP another day for it if need be! I had read on another board of people being let in at 8:40 at the main gate so I got worried!

This happens frequently and can happen at any park on any day. That's why it's always recommended to be there early with plenty of time just in case.

When we were there last weekend AP's were allowed into the park along with ADR guests from 8-8:20am for a 9am Epcot opening. It wasn't until about 8:20 that they put a rope up at Spaceship earth and started scanning for only ADR's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter