• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

international calling cards as extra tip?

betsy918

Mouseketeer
Hi There...I've heard that some people have given there servers or cabin stewards international calling cards as "something extra" with their tip. Where would I get such a thing, and what denomination would you suggest so that it would not be too over the top, but enough to be appreciated? Is this something they can use on the ship, or do they have to use a payphone in port? Do you think an itunes card would be equally appreciated?

thanks

Honestly, why not give them $ that they can use as they see fit? Some have international cell phones so that they can call home when in port. They can purchase internet time on the ship, but it is costly--so many use internet in ports when they have time off. Predicting what any given individual might want/need is impossible. If you tip with additional cash, they can do whatever they wish. A candy bar or other munchie is always appreciated.

Hi There...I've heard that some people have given there servers or cabin stewards international calling cards as "something extra" with their tip. Where would I get such a thing, and what denomination would you suggest so that it would not be too over the top, but enough to be appreciated? Is this something they can use on the ship, or do they have to use a payphone in port? Do you think an itunes card would be equally appreciated?

thanks

In our experience, the CMs really like getting extra cash.

:cutie:

Years ago that was a popular gift, but there is now a special phone system/account for the CMs to use onboard.

Leave extra cash. With anything of the nature of gift cards there is a very good chance they have no use for it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter