Interior Room Pride!

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Tired of people calling you cheap because you prefer interior :yay:?

Everytime we book a cruise 3/4 times a year I get called the C word because we prefer the interior room - my friends consistantly call me cheap, however I don't mind being in a room where I can sleep without the sun peeping through nor do I stay in the room enough for it to be an "event for me"

Disney Cruise Line fans who like interior rooms BAND TOGETHER we live life! :grouphug:

that's the only way we cruise. we'd rather spend the money on excursions and as down payment for the next cruise!

I'm cheap and I'm proud. I don't need a verandah, so I don't pay the hefty upcharge for one.

There are other reasons people choose an interior room, and not necessarily because of price. Many LOVE having no natural light in the room making it easier to sleep, as you mention. I liked the layout of the sideways interior cabins on the Magic/Wonder. Other times interior may be what is left to book. Many variables.

I prefer an O/V as I need natural light or I feel out of whack but I would never call or assume someone was "cheap" for picking an interior room. Those people are clueless!!!

Cruise on!!!:thumbsup2

MJ

We've only been on two cruises so far. The first one was a balcony, because we went into it thinking it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip. But then we fell SO in love with it, and caught the cruising bug! For our second one I booked an inside simply for financial reasons. And by the second night we were adamant that there couldn't be a better room on the ship!! We loved the privacy, and while at home I'm one that has to have windows and natural light everywhere, for some reason it was perfect for us to go without it on the cruise! The room was SO dark at night and we slept incredibly soundly, and when we woke up, I would run up to grab some drinks and breakfast, getting the sunlight and fresh air up on deck. It was perfect!

In fact, we booked a 7-night for December and didn't even hesitate before requesting an inside stateroom!

Now, I will say that we have another cruise between now and then on a different line, a family trip with my daughter, my mother, and myself. And for that one we did go with an ocean view, but only because the inside rooms on that line are WAY too small for three people to be comfortable for a week. Gotta love how roomy the DCL staterooms are!

All of our cruises so far (4 of them) have been in inside staterooms. We especially love the virtual portholes on the Dream! We are doing a room with verandah on the next cruise - mainly because we're adding an extra person to our room and wanted the extra space. But we've been VERY pleased with our nice, dark rooms on previous cruises. Paying less for my stateroom allows me to spend more at the spa :cloud9: ::yes:: :woohoo:

We cruised inside for b2b 5-nights last fall. No regrets. We'd never sailed inside. There's definitely perks. In the afternoons when the sun is beating the verandah windows the room can heat up. Not with the inside room. We loved the utter dark for our naps, too. I still want to try a virtual porthole room sometime. Hubby loves a verandah but we found things to love inside, too.

My 17 yro prefers inside to verandahs or portholes. He's a natural night owl so the darkness during the day is something he truly loves. Goes to show there's something for everybody! ;)

Why would other people call you cheap? IF you stay at the Grand Floridian and don't splurge for a Magic Kingdom view is that being cheap? :laughing:

I mean yeah we call ourselves cheap but Hey we are on DCL so that line only goes so far.

Tired of people calling you cheap because you prefer interior :yay:?

Everytime we book a cruise 3/4 times a year I get called the C word because we prefer the interior room - my friends consistantly call me cheap, however I don't mind being in a room where I can sleep without the sun peeping through nor do I stay in the room enough for it to be an "event for me"

Disney Cruise Line fans who like interior rooms BAND TOGETHER we live life! :grouphug:

Who says that to you? Is it in real life? So not cool. :sad2:
I haven't noticed that on the boards at all. Just the opposite actually, there are a lot of people on the boards that prefer inside rooms.

We have two full-time jobs and 2 kids in school (high school and middle school) so we simply lack the time to cruise more often. So when we do use our vacation time for a cruise, I book verandah as it is my preference.

But if I had the ability to cruise more often, I would have no problem booking inside rooms for twice as many cruises. :thumbsup2

Do all the ships offer virtual portholes? I am very curious about those. My kids would love them. Can you turn them on & off at will? Is it showing a live feed outside or is it more of a Nemo cartoon? Do you really see characters swimming by?

We stayed in an inside one of our three cruises...I LOVED that it was dark and could sleep like a baby, but the instant I woke up, I had to get out of there! I am a wee bit claustrophobic and must have a window or a verandah to feel like I can 'breathe'...same thing with elevators...I'm okay for a 10-15 seconds, but those that are in NYC or bigger cities where you're on the 60th or above floor...I start hyperventilating...I try so many techniques for breathing/focus/etc. but it overwhelms me. We do GT bookings and will have to book one OGT (praying it pops up because VGT is costly) and one IGT..luckily my teens don't mind the IGT :)

I generally book whatever is least expensive, and that's usually an inside. Although I joke that I am cheap, I get a lot of bang for my bucks.

I wish my husband would consider an inside stateroom.:rolleyes2 While I love getting up early, grabbing a hot breakfast, and bringing it back to eat on veranda, I'd rather save money and go on more cruises.

We have done everything from concierge to inside rooms, we love them all. In fact we are super excited about seeing a sideways inside room on our next cruise on the magic. With DD heading off to college inside rooms will be in our future for awhile which is just fine with us:)

The 11b's aft deck 5 on the Magic and Wonder are our favorites, or they were when you could split the beds.

When the beds were split and against the wall they were very roomy, so not sure they will be as nice when there is the bed in the middle on the back wall.

An interior on a Disney cruise costs about a balcony on some other line - how is that cheap!?

Not on the Magic or Wonder but there is a channel on the TV that is the view from the bridge. So you can see the ocean and what the weather's like before leaving your room. It's just a black and dark screen at night of course.

We love inside staterooms! Not only can we cruise twice as much but I hate having to dodge my family members getting around the foot of the bed in the oceanview and verandah rooms. It seems like a better use of space to have the bed at the end of the stateroom. We've tried other rooms but really prefer the inside ones.

We did a 12 night cruise last summer with 2 adults and 2 kids in an 11B (standard inside) and are doing the 15 night transatlantic in one also. It's enough space for us!

Inside cruisers unite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter