• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interior paint what should I do?

dyna

DIS Veteran
I am retired single No pets and need to paint new home. It is a clean slate so to speak nothing major to cover up an current paint is white thru out. I have always been a firm believer of Sherwin Williams semi gloss paint. My budget is limited tho.

What is the difference between real Sherin Williams paint and the HGTV Sherwin Williams from Lowes?

I think any of the paints are good nowadays. Some colors require two coats and others can get by with one coat

I used to run a remodeling company, and I swear by Behr Premium Plus. Don't need a primer unless there's massive staining, and almost always covers in a single coat. It's different from the other brands, with far better coverage.

Are you a member of Sherwin Williams reward program? I usually get a 30-40% promo every 8 weeks or so. This past weekend I got 30% off all Emerald paints (the low VOC one.)

My painter friends say SW (from the store) is more expensive and thicker, the Lowe's version is thinner and cheaper. Most contractors prefer the Lowe's version because they walk away with more $ in their pocket. We had our beach house interior repainted recently. We repainted 2 bedrooms with SW from the SW store and it covered beautifully, even though the original colors were dark and odd- orangy red and dark blue/green. Our contractor used the Lowe's SW paint and we have had to touch up multiple areas were the coverage looked good on first check but as the lighting changed or your perspective in the room changed, you could see shadows of the old paint (army green). Both were two coats of paint, according to the contractor and knowing what my husband did. Idk how much was my picky husband doing the two rooms vs paid contractor and how much was true paint quality, but you can feel and see a viscosity difference between the two types.

Sticking my head in where it might not be welcome. Please pay no attention if this doesn't make sense for you.

Are you sure you want semi-gloss? Eggshell has a bit of a subtle sheen, but might be something to consider for most of your walls, except maybe in the bathrooms?

Thanks everyone..

I forgot to mention the paint is needed for a new place I am buying I know I just missed the Sherwin Williams 40% off sale. I want the new place painted before moving in it's just so much easier to paint when nothing is in the way.
I don't close on the current home or the new 1 till late this week early next week then I will have 30 days to move into the new home so I don't got time to sit an wait for sale.

I have tried to get back in the new home ever since my offer was accepted the seller has not been willing to allow me to do that so I could measure for paint an ther
e a couple of things I wanted my painter/ handyman to look at too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter