• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interesting survey

carmelhp

DIS Veteran
I just took a WDW survey, it was interesting to see what was under consideration. It asked what I thought of the following add-ons to any Disney Dining Plan (from memory):

$25 person/day Behind the scenes tours
$18 person/day Alcoholic drink package, over 21, 2 alcoholic drinks per day, excluding souvenir glasses.
$18 person/day Specialty drink package, any age, non alcoholic specialty drinks
Signature dining, instead of 2 credits per signature location, 1 credit+$30 per person per meal

The last one really piqued my interest. I think I could go for that.

I just took a WDW survey, it was interesting to see what was under consideration. It asked what I thought of the following add-ons to any Disney Dining Plan (from memory):

$18 person/day Alcoholic drink package, over 21, 2 alcoholic drinks per day, excluding souvenir glasses.
Signature dining, instead of 2 credits per signature location, 1 credit+$30 per person per meal

But is that last one worth it? If your 1 credit can get you a $40 meal else where why not use it else where. $40+$30=$70 you're paying for it anyways. I've done the dining plan but I'd never use two credits on a place no matter what.

But is that last one worth it? If your 1 credit can get you a $40 meal else where why not use it else where. $40+$30=$70 you're paying for it anyways. I've done the dining plan but I'd never use two credits on a place no matter what.

I would not use 2 credits either, that's why I kind of like the flexibility of using 1 credit at a signature and paying $30 instead of another credit. Of course, it would depend on which signature and what their pricing is like to see if it's a good deal or not.

I would not use 2 credits either, that's why I kind of like the flexibility of using 1 credit at a signature and paying $30 instead of another credit. Of course, it would depend on which signature and what their pricing is like to see if it's a good deal or not.
That is probably true but I think I'd rather do a signature out of pocket rather than with the dining plan.

The tours one interests me (I'm not a drinker so the alcoholic options are wasted on me). I haven't done many of the tours because they're really quite expensive. If I was more awake I'd try doing some math on that one.

I thought I read doing away with the Premium and/or Platinum plan which included Deluxe Dining and behind the scene tours, and a couple years ago they got rid of the Wine & Dine add on, so maybe they are pulling bits and pieces back into the other plans to make them a bit more appealing.

I like the idea of being able to select different options, but agree that you may be able to dine less expensively out of pocket. Depends on how you plan to dine - lots of sit down meals or on the run - and how MUCH you want to eat. My last two trips I didn't use the plan since I had the Tables of Wonderland card, and we split many meals or even ordered children's meals. I'd like to see if they follow through with adding options to the dining plans.

I like the behind the scene and alcohol option. i don't know how i feel about that last one. that is something i would have to look more into

WIth the exception of the tours addition (I would need to know which ones were included) , I don't see the value in the add ons. Maybe the alcoholic drinks if you buy more than wine, but once you book it, you kind of are locked in. I am a fan of the Dining plans because we all need to eat, and I know how my family makes their choices, Alcohol is moment driven for us, maybe this meal I order a martini, next one coffee, next one is the wine pairings. If I bought this plan, I would need more specifics so I could decide if I wanted to isk it. Who am I kidding...I would get my cocktails if I paid for them! LOL! And I would take one for the team and order anyone elses who did not want them...no wasting money! LOL!

I see the convenience in some of these things but as LoL said, the numbers are probably suspect at best on what you're saving

I see the convenience in some of these things but as LoL said, the numbers are probably suspect at best on what you're saving

I see convenience...for Disney.

All these things are "add ons" and play to the psychology of wasteful spending. When people try to "spend up" to what the have committed to...be it drinks, tours, or up charges...they tend to get wreckless and spend even more money.

You can drink your way through this...not sure you can save a dime on tours or signature restaurants.

Speaking of...does this survey Indicate that the "signatures"...even laughable ones like the worlds "best steakhouse" in the Canadian cafeteria...are seeing the results they want? This could be away of getting away from the precious "points"...which they tried to train everyone to treat as gold for ten years?

And what of the Disney springs new restaurants? What we've seen so far might indicate that the prices are all gonna be off the charts...which won't work with the dining plan either.

Would the surcharge solve that problem?

Points plus cash isn't a ridiculous concept. However, that amount of cash might be. 2 alcoholic drinks for 18 bucks, what a bargain:sad2:....maybe specialty drinks.

Dollar for Dollar the only meal @ Signature that I think is worth absorbing 2 credits is the Surf & Turf at Narcoossee's. Otherwise, it does make the most sense to pay cash and save credits for later.

My last trip puts me squarely in the room discount, cash for dining column. I just could not eat everything on the plan and feel reasonable. I suspect I'll come out even or ahead without the package.

Points plus cash isn't a ridiculous concept. However, that amount of cash might be. 2 alcoholic drinks for 18 bucks, what a bargain:sad2:....maybe specialty drinks.

It was any alcoholic drink, excluding any souvenir glass as part of the price.

I'm tired of Disney adding alcohol at their parks. Providing more opportunities for people to drink in these parks, or making it easier for people, is not attractive to me. I just got back last night from 5 days in Orlando and every bus I rode at night (with my kids) had 4-10 people that were so drunk that their loud raucous ramblings were hilarious to themselves but not those around them. Beyond that, I sat through the Star Wars making of movie in DHS with a family where the parents were clearly drunk out of their minds, and were toting their kids through stuff. These are parks designed for families, keep them family friendly. EPCOT has a totally different feel, and I have never had that problem there (including this trip), so maybe that doesn't attract people that don't know their limits. It is just unappealing to take my kids places where adults are out of control, and I miss the alcohol free environment that used to be in the major parks (except EPCOT).

Oh dear...I misread the original post...

A "drink package" for $18 that's TWO DRINKS?

For 20 on Royal Caribbean you can't be served at your chair for 16 hours straight...

It's a "package" at regular price...
Only Disney tries to presell things at basically no discount.

I'd be interested to see what kind of behind the scenes tour they are talking about. Probably nothing as interesting as the 7 hour Behind the Magic Tour, right?

Worth it if you do Keys to the Kingdom ($79 per person) if you stay 3 days or less, and then one more tour per day if you stay 4 or more days.

$18 person/day Alcoholic drink package, over 21, 2 alcoholic drinks per day

How many drinks are $9 or more?

How many drinks per day? I don't think there are any specialty drinks that are $9, let alone $18.

I'm pretty sure that's not worth it.

every bus I rode at night (with my kids) had 4-10 people that were so drunk that their loud raucous ramblings were hilarious to themselves but not those around them.

I don't think I've ever actually ran into somebody drunk at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter