Interesting safety bracelet

This has been popular as a dog tag system for pets! It works really well, many smart phones have qr code readers installed by default. The only problem I can see is if the child has space issues. You need to get pretty close to read the tag with the phones camera.

It's also worth noting that first responders and hospitals may not be able or allowed to access the information on the QR code due to concerns for privacy and cyber security.

If I were using one for medical issues I'd probably have to basics on a back up traditional bracelet with more information accessible through the QR code.

It's also worth noting that first responders and hospitals may not be able or allowed to access the information on the QR code due to concerns for privacy and cyber security.

If I were using one for medical issues I'd probably have to basics on a back up traditional bracelet with more information accessible through the QR code.

good point. Thanks again for sharing Sue M.

Although, I don't think privacy would be a concern - the band has a message asking/telling first responders to use it to get more information.

My concern as a health care worker would be where on the internet the QR code might be taking me. Would/could it be some bad website?
I'd also be concerned if I was a user of the bracelet about the information I put on the website. Who has access to it besides me and first responders?
What if the company goes out of business? Will the information still be available?

My own first choice and what I always recommend is www.medicalert.org
It is a well known and established organization and provides a lot more than just a short message engraved on a band. It has 24 hour a day, 7 day a week access by phone to your information.
There is an annual fee (which I think is reasonable for what is provided), but I know there are people who want something without an annual fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter