• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interesting read....how the Rich do Disney World

Been saying for a year now that as soon as I will either the Power Ball or Mega Millions, I will be moving right down as a full-time resident of Golden Oaks! I would like a bit larger of a lot size though - seems a bit small to be that close to your neighbors for all that money. :love:

From my perspective, $1.8 million is a real bargain! When compared to some of the multi-million dollar houses in my town, these have more amenities, better weather, and close proximity to WDW, the sea, and all the fun stuff in Florida. Resident fees and taxes would be cheaper too. Ha, if only we had that kind of money. (We live in a small house in the not-so-fancy part of town.)

I guess I'm gonna be the odd man out.:crazy2: I grew up in S. Fla. and hate the state! The only reason I go back is to go to WDW or DCL. The homes are beautiful, but I wouldn't want to pay that kind of price and then $25,000./yr on top of that for some HOA to tell me what I can or can't do in my own yard! I also don't like the idea of paying for such a small lot... less than 1 acre.:scared: That would drive me crazy! I will stay in my own state, build my own mansion on 20 plus acres of woods with complete seclusion and drive down whenever we wanted. My lottery winnings are going to be spent on traveling all over to the different Disney parks/resorts all around the world.:thumbsup2 I will do Adventures by Disney and cruise with DCL until my heart is content.:goodvibes Thanks but no thanks!

I guess I'm gonna be the odd man out.:crazy2: I grew up in S. Fla. and hate the state! The only reason I go back is to go to WDW or DCL. The homes are beautiful, but I wouldn't want to pay that kind of price and then $25,000./yr on top of that for some HOA to tell me what I can or can't do in my own yard! I also don't like the idea of paying for such a small lot... less than 1 acre.:scared: That would drive me crazy! I will stay in my own state, build my own mansion on 20 plus acres of woods with complete seclusion and drive down whenever we wanted. My lottery winnings are going to be spent on traveling all over to the different Disney parks/resorts all around the world.:thumbsup2 I will do Adventures by Disney and cruise with DCL until my heart is content.:goodvibes Thanks but no thanks!

I agree. My DH and I found this thread, checked out the website and thought it would be great--at first. Then we started thinking about having a McMansion with a neighbor on top of your doorstep and the perks aren't really that great for the cost. We'd rather live on our 60 acres with one neighbor in a great climate, visit as often as we like with great suites/villas and pay for VIP tours, rather than invest in Golden Oaks if we ever could. As much as I love Disney, the perks they are offering don't overcome the climate, crowded lots or my desire to travel and see other parts of the world with $1.8 million invested and $25,000 per year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter