Interesting POR pre-ressie in AB

Matty_Disfan

Heading ba-ack...!!
Ok, sooo... We leave on Tuesday, May 3rd. We just found out this morning that we got bumped into a preferred room, Building 15 (!!) in AB (as per our hopeful request at booking).

So how did this all happen? How were we pre-assigned? How did we find out about it?

(Disclaimer: I am an avid Dis-er, but not chronic. If someone has already figured this out and posted it I tip my hat to them. If not then I'll be humble: this was not planned to work out this way, just pushed along by some relatively unique circumstances...)

FACTS:

Me, DW, DD3 and DD5 (only 4 of us so we were hoping that we even got into AB - and were warned against it here on the boards because of 5 person families taking priority in AB)

We booked 2 months ago. POR 7 nights. Requested AB, trundle bed if possible.

My parents arrived last night. They did not request a preferred room. They checked in at the resort itself. 9:00pm.

We had already checked in online (couldn't resist - not sure if this has anything to do with it).

They asked, at check-in, if they could have connecting rooms with us when we checked in.

Here's what happened next:

They were told that there were not any connecting rooms available. They were given a complimentary upgrade to preferred room in building 15, and then were told that our reservation was now in the same building also with a complimentary upgrade so we could have adjoining rooms (beside each other).

So this morning we got a phone call that we were not only in AB but in preferred building with adjoining rooms.

Conjecture: My parents are in their 60s, showing up at 9:00pm. I think the staff had the time and the reason to sprinkle some pixie dust on them and push them into a close building, and thus us.

Lesson: maybe just unique circumstances, but I think that this story, at the very least, points to a possible way to get pre-booked into AB (or the mansions if that is your preference). I know most people will not fit these circumstances (family arriving early) but it may be that if you have one group arriving early they book preferred rooms and then request to be adjoining to the second arriving party, if the space exists you could get a free upgrade.

Makes me wonder if the preferred room party arrives earlier in the day they could do likewise.

For me it was a boon because I asked about this prior on the boards and the one or two responses I got was that they might have to move rooms when we arrived so we could be close. This seems to indicate that you can get the rooms pre-booked upon arrival of the first party.

Hopefully I have added to the knowledge here.

Congratulations and have a great time! Down to the downers!:banana:

I'll say Congrats too, but I think you need to cut the "downers" a break. I would think most people would rather know all of the possibilities when it comes to getting your requested room type, rather than be assured everthing will always go as planned. As someone what has twice now be denied a paid for room type, I can tell you that no matter how much planning you do, sometimes stuff just happens.

But I am glad the OP got the room they wanted. I love the Bayou section at POR. It is so pretty and peaceful. Wish I was there now. :p

Have a great time!

Thanks guys!

This has really sprinkled some pixie dust on our trip, even before leaving!!

Congratulations on your Pixie Dust!! We're staying at Riverside for the very first time beginning June 2 for 10 nights and we're soooo excited about it!! We've only seen photos of the grounds so I'm really looking forward to seeing everything in person.

Hope the next 30 days pass very quickly!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter