Interesting Member benefit I just noticed on the 2016 printable list

QUOTE="gracelrm, post: 54931706, member: 39690"]We have a trip planned during one week of the TL Beach Party & are staying at Kidani. Last year, did the invitation come through email or snail mail? Want to make sure I'm looking for it. We are a family of 5, but are bringing 14 extended family with us. If we can bring non- members with us, I guess we'll just have to throw it out there and whoever jumps first can come with us.

Anyone who attended last years event recall how long it lasted? Were all aspects of the water park open during the party?[/QUOTE]

We went last year. It was a blast. We got an invite via email but if I remember correctly you could sign up with out the invite if you were staying on property. We were able to take very one staying with us. We were a total of 8. We were able to head over early maybe 4 ish and check in at the park. We did not need park tickets entrance was free even though the park had not closed to the general public yet. All rides were open until sundown then the 2 slides to the right when you get into the park, sorry I've forgotten the names, maybe crusher gusher, closed. We were able to ride them a bunch before they closed. We bought dinner at one of the QS . There were snacks and ice cream treats available once the park closed to the general public. There were a couple of stations for snacks so while one side looked packed there was no waiting on the other side of the park. There was a DJ playing and photo ops with Mickey and mini and LILO. There were basically no lines and the park stayed open til midnight or so. DH thinks it was later than that. I know we were last out of the lazy river. Lockers were availed to rent and I don't remember the details but it was cheaper to rent them before ten park closed to the general public than to wait until the party officially started. All in all a great time. We were just talking about it with the guest we brought, saying they could not have imagined a better time. Neither of us had been to the water parks before so it was totally worth it for us to get in free and have no lines and free Mickey ice cream bars.

So are there multiple dates for the MK thing?

I'm sure nothing will be going on when we are there this year. We always have that luck haha!
Magic Kingdom Feb. 25 and March 3
Beach Bash at TL June 23 and 29 July 6 and 13
Safari Bash at AK Sept. 6, 13, 20, and 27

We will be there Feb 25th which is actually scheduled as one of our MK days. I'll be looking into more information about the event.

I think last year when they did the Typhoon Lagoon party you had to have a Disney Resort reservation for that day in order to register
Can you tell me what all the did at TL special. What were the hours and such. I know that the focus is swimming but wondered what all they will have going. We are new to DVC (we have rented for several years) and this will be our first time attending an event. Thank you.

Hoping Vero guests can go. We are there the week of July 4 and this sounds like a fun way to break up our beach week...

Wow! I'm kinda disappointed that my 10 day late-July trip missed all events this year, but you have me beat!

But I can complain too much, because we did get the TL Beach Bash last summer, and it was great!

We attended the Beach Bash last August and had a great time. Guess my timing is off this year.....

I saw your link, but I was wondering if I could find the original document link on the site. I wanted to see where the pdf came from. - If that makes sense. :)
Log onto DVCmember.com and go to the member benefits and more section-that's where I found the printable list that I posted the link to see. It is the Disney World printable list.

They look good, but it's unfortunate I won't be back until 2017. Given that many members book their holidays 11 months in advance, shouldn't they announce special events more in advance to allow people to plan for them instead of being luck of the draw (having a vacation booked for when they announce a special party)?
It would be nice to have more advance notice...but I don't think they can change the year of the 25th anniversary celebration :goodvibes

Can you tell me what all the did at TL special. What were the hours and such. I know that the focus is swimming but wondered what all they will have going. We are new to DVC (we have rented for several years) and this will be our first time attending an event. Thank you.

We did not attend the beach bash last year but earlier on this page another poster listed their experience-also there was at least 1 thread if not more about it last summer so if you use the search tool on here you will find a lot more reviews/opinions too.

Looks like I might have to add my wife to our membership. We had it as just myself, but now she has been going with her sister a few times, never needed the perks. She will be down during some of these and is interested, so might have to see what the cost to add her is. Or if anyone knows if associates count.

Sorry, an associate is not a member and doesn't get perks. You need to do a deed change to add someone.

That's what I keep saying. All major Disney events should be announced at least 11 months in advance. I understand why they don't and realized DVC members are not always the primary audience. But please give a chance to attend events/attractions, especially ones designed for members.

I agree. We always book BW std & BC during the summer so our travel dates are pretty impossible to change because we won't stay anywhere else..

Same for us. We booked 11 months out for May (standard 1 bedroom) and also booked at the 11 month window in August and October to get a standard studio at BWV!

Looks like I might have to add my wife to our membership. We had it as just myself, but now she has been going with her sister a few times, never needed the perks. She will be down during some of these and is interested, so might have to see what the cost to add her is. Or if anyone knows if associates count.
I ended up buying my wife her own 25 point resale contract. That way she gets the benefits and we got some extra points without the expense of retitling everything.

Anyone think they might add something down the road for August? Seems odd they skipped a whole month....and of course the month I booked for :)

Anyone think they might add something down the road for August? Seems odd they skipped a whole month....and of course the month I booked for :)
It's obviously possible but the special events seem to be pretty limited dates-it seemed to me like they tried to spread them out over the year

I'm booked for two weeks in May, one week in August, and two weeks in October and there is nothing listed/planned during any of those dates either. Just bad timing on my part this year.....all of my trips were booked at the 11 month window for hard to get rooms at BLT and BWV.

The details are avail now on the DVC member website.

MK after hours event is open to members without a reservation which amazed me :)

From the website....
Event Details
Get details about dates, times, booking and other important event information.

Where & When

• Event Location: Magic Kingdom park at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
  • Check-In Location: Magic Kingdom park and Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
  • Dates: February 25 and March 3, 2016
  • Time: Event is from 9:30 PM to midnight; Members and their guests can enter the park as early as 7:00 PM
  • Price: Complimentary

Transportation
Complimentary transportation is available before, during and after the event between Magic Kingdom park and Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort.

How to Book
A reservation is required. Bookings will begin on Tuesday, January 12, 2016. Call Member Services
at (800) 800-9800† to make reservations.

Important Details

• Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Magic Kingdom park is valid for the duration of the event, which begins at 9:30 PM. If you wish to enter Magic Kingdom park before 7:00 PM, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Offer is non-transferable.
  • Party size limits apply:
    • For Members with a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to the number of guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation.
    • For Members without a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests.
  • Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • This is an open-air facility; experience is subject to cancellation in the event of inclement weather.
  • Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance. Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Guests will be notified via resort communication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter