Interesting DCL survey

Cliffside

DIS Veteran
As I was looking at port adventures on the DCL site today I got the pop up for the survey. They are usually very similar but this one had some different questions that intrigued me. The first one being it asked if you were aware that DCL sailed to certain places. They listed the usual destinations like Bahamas, Alaska, British Aisles, Mediterranean etc but then it said Australia and South America. Is that a clue? Also it asked about the prices of the European cruises and why you wouldn't sail. Too expensive compared to other lines, events happening overseas, airfare too high to Europe. I have done so many surveys but this one was very thought provoking. Anyone else get these questions before?

As I was looking at port adventures on the DCL site today I got the pop up for the survey. They are usually very similar but this one had some different questions that intrigued me. The first one being it asked if you were aware that DCL sailed to certain places. They listed the usual destinations like Bahamas, Alaska, British Aisles, Mediterranean etc but then it said Australia and South America. Is that a clue? Also it asked about the prices of the European cruises and why you wouldn't sail. Too expensive compared to other lines, events happening overseas, airfare too high to Europe. I have done so many surveys but this one was very thought provoking. Anyone else get these questions before?
No, they usually bump me off the survey once they get my particulars "Sorry, you don't fit the demographics we're looking for. Thank you."

I did! Got this about 2 months ago and I am very hopeful! Forgot exactly what they asked but I do remember Australia and South America!! That would be exciting!

I got the same one last week. After the questions about Europe, it had me wondering if there might be price drops... Or if they are looking into moving ships elsewhere... Mostly because of all the unrest. Partially bc people are afraid to travel there, partially bc they are going to have to stop going to certain ports? Not saying I personally fall into the "afraid" category btw. but it seemed telling that the events overseas part was specific to Europe.

I got the same one last week. After the questions about Europe, it had me wondering if there might be price drops... Or if they are looking into moving ships elsewhere... Mostly because of all the unrest. Partially bc people are afraid to travel there, partially bc they are going to have to stop going to certain ports? Not saying I personally fall into the "afraid" category btw. but it seemed telling that the events overseas part was specific to Europe.
They're probably also deciding where to sail their 2 upcoming ships.

I wish they's start sailing from Vancouver or Mexico to Hawaii. They could do a land & sea package with Aulani.

They're probably also deciding where to sail their 2 upcoming ships.
True, regarding the Australia, etc questions. But the Europe-specific questions were about booking for 2017 (what was stopping me, was it because of cost, cost compared to another cruiseline, if I would go for $2500pp, etc) - definitely "near" future as opposed to distant future when the new ships are ready.

I'm sure the surveys lead in different directions based upon your responses. For whatever reason, I didn't get much about Australia... just a whole lot about Europe for 2017!

The Europe-specific questions were about booking for 2017 (what was stopping me, was it because of cost, cost compared to another cruiseline, if I would go for $2500pp, etc.
I wish they would just go ahead & lower those prices & then they'd see if it works- and we could get a deal! :thumbsup2

I wish they would just go ahead & lower those prices & then they'd see if it works- and we could get a deal! :thumbsup2
ME TOO!! I made it very clear that we would not book at current prices, that we would consider other lines first, that we weren't afraid of the unrest... hopefully I wasn't the only one who answered that way. Coming from the west coast, with the time and cost of flying added in - DCL in Europe just isn't happening unless they drop the rates a good bit.

Coming from the west coast, with the time and cost of flying added in - DCL in Europe just isn't happening unless they drop the rates a good bit.

It would be nice if the Europe trips included air. Even with higher prices than other lines, that would be worth it.... well, not too high.
Yes, it's the flight prices that push the European cruises out of my comfort zone, coming from Austin, Texas. If I lived in NYC it might be a different story, but I don't.

Yes, it's the flight prices that push the European cruises out of my comfort zone, coming from Austin, Texas. If I lived in NYC it might be a different story, but I don't.

And coming from the UK it's the reason we cruise Disney in Europe but have not sailed from the US, the airfare combined with sailing dates in school holidays means we just can't afford it!

A few weeks ago I received an invite for an ABD survey, which also included new locations (Japan comes to mind). Although they are land based trip (and new this year are river cruises), but they do combine with DCL for onboard and handling all excursions at every port, and pre and post land based add-ons. The locations sounded very nice! Here's to hoping!!

I'm going to have to play around with the DCL survey and see if I can get that survey. I would love to tell them exactly what I think if their European prices. I booked the NCL Getaway Baltic cruise verandah room for 4 with free drinks for 5032 9 night cruise. DCL 10 Baltic cruise the same week is 11k more. The service may not be as good on NCL and I may get nickled and dimed a bit... but seriously 11k. At least the Getaway is new ship with lots to do, and the toilets probably flush....if you have been on the Magic you know what I'm talking about.
It's sad to me that DCL prices are so outrageous I'm wiling to pay more, but not that much more.

As far as Australia goes their Summer season is our Winter. I can't see DCL selling a lot of cruises to Americans out of Australia. When DCL's new ships are built I could see them putting a ship in China and moving it to Australia Dec through March. That is what Royal is doing with their new ship Ovation of the Seas. Are the Chinese and Aussies going to pay the mark up for DCL? I'm looking at a 8 day cruise out of Sydney Jan 2018 on Ovation a verandah for four people is 4,300. I can't see DCL competing with those prices. They would probably charge double at the least. Are Aussies willing to pay that. I don't know.

I'm going to have to play around with the DCL survey and see if I can get that survey. I would love to tell them exactly what I think if their European prices. I booked the NCL Getaway Baltic cruise verandah room for 4 with free drinks for 5032 9 night cruise. DCL 10 Baltic cruise the same week is 11k more. The service may not be as good on NCL and I may get nickled and dimed a bit... but seriously 11k. At least the Getaway is new ship with lots to do, and the toilets probably flush....if you have been on the Magic you know what I'm talking about.
It's sad to me that DCL prices are so outrageous I'm wiling to pay more, but not that much more.

You don't HAVE to wait for a survey to pop up. You can always contact them via email - or I assume someone has a snail mail address somewhere. I mean, if you really feel that strongly about it...

While his insider info is probably as reliable as a WDW bus driver's, my server on the Fantasy last June told me her was told by superiors DCL intends to base one of the new ships in Asia. If there is any truth to that, I don't think it'd be the new ships but either the Magic or Wonder first.

While his insider info is probably as reliable as a WDW bus driver's, my server on the Fantasy last June told me her was told by superiors DCL intends to base one of the new ships in Asia. If there is any truth to that, I don't think it'd be the new ships but either the Magic or Wonder first.
That's what I would think especially with the opening of Shanghai Disney. Just FYI Shanghai is half the price of Disneyland I think a one day ticket is around 50.00 usd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter