Interesting Comments on FErs and doors

Will the Dream still definitely have FEs? Are they actually used on cruises for something in particular or just a Disney touch.

(I've not cruised before but am very excited to get started on Magnets and a FE, but wouldn't like to do it all and then discover the Dream dorrs aren't magnetic and there's no fish!)

I imagine that the dream will have something to hold messages/mail outside the door. And, I also imagine that the DIS group on the initial sailing will christen them with Fish Extenders (oh, and magnets for the doors...)

OK...I'm new to this. Could someone please expalin FE's to me??? I am super excited to make my door magnets, but I'm not sure what the FE is.

Outside of the stateroom are fish shaped mail holders. A Fish extender is a length of cloth (normally) with pockets for each person sailing. Some do Christmas stockting, purses, etc.

Find your cruise meet group and see if they are doing a Fish Exchange. The exchange is where a group of people leave little gifts, candy, etc. in the pockets of the FE. It can be great fun!

On our cruise last April (already so long ago :sad: ) i heard some people behind me in a food line talking about all these "crazy people" who hang these stocking things on their door and put all these "lame" magnets. they thought it was outragous that people would waste "precious" time making such dumb things. I just had to laugh. Honestly i LOVED my FE and all of our magnets. I made them for my little sister, mom and grandma all by myself and suprised them when they were on our door. They absolutely loved them all. So even if the ladies didnt appreciate them i did, and a few CM did also. :]

Are you kidding me?!!! :eek: Me and my personality, I would have said something like, "really, I loooooveeee my door!" The reasoning, THEY ARE JEALOUS of the fun they cant participate in. Yes, we do have a "secret club" with FE but thats what makes is to much fun.... DH thought I was crazy to do door decortations. But when we got to the ship look who was putting them on.... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

decodoor.jpg

door.jpg

Are you kidding me?!!! :eek: Me and my personality, I would have said something like, "really, I loooooveeee my door!" The reasoning, THEY ARE JEALOUS of the fun they cant participate in. Yes, we do have a "secret club" with FE but thats what makes is to much fun.... DH thought I was crazy to do door decortations. But when we got to the ship look who was putting them on.... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

decodoor.jpg

door.jpg

HAhaha! He seems to be having more fun putting those on than anyone else. SOme people just don't know how to deal with all the Magic on a cruise. I feel if we are going to spend that much money, you might as well do as much as you can while your on it! Also being a teenage coming back to the cabin early in the morning made it easy to spot my door. I knew each time which room was mine! So many reasons to have an FE and magnets. :)

Even if you don't choose to do a zillion magnets, ONE magnet or door sign makes your cabin door unique. It really helps kids to locate their room....and sometimes parents too!

I took my daughter on a surprise cruising with the stars last July. We stayed in a room with another Diser and her daughter. We spent a little time in Nassau and came back early. We went back to our room only to find these two guys checking out our door! They are Doug Brochu and Brandon Smith from Sonny with a Chance! They were very funny and spent a lot of time talking with us. We got to see them quite a bit after that and even went to a private party with them in the Walt Suite (Thanks to Grlzmom)

IMG_6728.jpg

wow lucky you guys!! :banana::dance3:

I got a lot of comments on our door on the last cruise that we were on. The Disboard group that was going had been talking about the different magnets that we were making for our doors.

Well, as the cruise got close, I started running out of time to make magnets, so I jokingly said that I would be the one with the pizza magnets (like you get from Dominos or Pizza Hut) all over my door. Well, guess what people brought and put all over my door? I had Pizza magnets and magnets from other restaurants. :) They were all over my door.

Needless to say, I got a lot of funny comments from people passing in the hallway! :)

:lmao::lmao:Glad you got a kick out of that. I put up the Dominos Pizza Magnet! :lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter