Interactive Wands?

DD is worried that there may be less styles of interactive wands than regular wands. Can anyone clarify? We are hoping to buy an interactive wand and have just as many choices for it as for a regular...

Oh no...for interactive wands, there are about 12 character type wands and then maybe 16 that are different type of woods (ash, birch, et).

My daughter (6) loved her interactive wand, which was good because I think she only rode 2 rides the entire 3 days we were at Universal. At least the wand gave her something to do in the parks. A few notes that weren't covered above: I believe the non-interactive wand is $36.96 ($8 less than the interactive). They have quite a few wands in the interactive version. My son bought a non-character wand (it was for people born in July or something like that?), it was interactive, he decided the next day that he would rather have a character wand, so we returned it and got a non-interactive Harry wand (since he didn't care about doing the spells). My daughter was having trouble doing the spells and my husband took the wand into Ollivander's and they said the glass tip (which interacts with the sensor) was scratched and they fixed it for her. And my son's wand broke in our backpack and we took it into Ollivander's (with the receipt) and they took it to the back of the store for the "wandmaster" to look at and returned with a "repaired" wand (which I assume was a replacement).

We were there 2 weeks ago. $45 was a lot for the interactive wand, but our little witch had loads of fun doing the spells so it was well worth it. If you buy the overpriced dry-clean only robe it comes with an inside wand pocket so you can quick-draw if you know who shows up.

(I don't think the robes are overpriced...DS's has lasted for years and still looks brand new, and is amazing quality... Now the Bellatrix dress in Knockturn Alley that was a few hundred bucks, THAT is overpriced...but the robes are terrific IMO.) (of course now DS's robe is nearly to his knees, LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter