Insurance on trips ...cheaper way?

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
I think someone posted a couple places where trip insurance could be purchased cheaper than Disney or the Cruise lines charge. If you ahve that info, can you post? Thanks.

Check your credit cards as well. I am not sure if any do include cruise insurance, but I know that two of our cards have worldwide trip protection (possible for cruises, though I didn't have them previously when I've cruised and haven't looked).

Thanks..I saw them on the quote, and they were a lot cheaper. Have you actually had to use them? This is new to me..first cruise. I'm a gambler, would just as soon have nothing, but the TA says I really should. It's not a very expensive trip (compared to how much more it could be LOL). I'd get the air in reserve (booked with SW both to CA and the ATA flight to HI)..so it's just the cruise we might lose..and I thought the reates were very reasonable.

I just got a new credit card which offers free travel insurance, but only if the entire trip is paid for on that same card...Oh, well, now I have a secret way to pay for that last minute trip to WDW one of these days! :smooth: :woohoo:

I have insured cruises with Travel Guard but I've never had to file a claim. My travel agent, who is my best friend's mother, recommended them. I trust her expertise.

Thanks..that's what I wanted to hear.
disneysteve said:
I have insured cruises with Travel Guard but I've never had to file a claim. My travel agent, who is my best friend's mother, recommended them. I trust her expertise.

They have the top insurance companies so you can compare the coverage you need. (Travel Guard is among them.) It allows you to choose the amount of coverage you want and add additional areas (medical for example) that you might think necessary. It is all done online and is very straight forward. They do have the insurance carriers rating listed at the bottom of their quotes.

i've used travel guard before and had to do a med claim (biggest reason i get travel insurance, most people don't realize until something happens that non life threatening emergencies have little or no coverage outside homestates/outside the country on most standard health insurance plans) when the kids ended up with ear infections resulting in about $380 (each!) treatments/meds after flying accross country. they were very fast and easy to deal with.

Thank you. You have all been so helpful, and saved me $100 besides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter