Insurance after pd in full available?

ppiew

DIS Veteran
Can insurance be purchased AFTER the cruise is pd in full? do all parties on reservation need to be insured? if it can be done, how go about it?

If you want pre-existing conditions coverage, you can purchase CSA insurance up to 24 hours after your cruise is paid in full, but after that, no insurer will cover pre-existing conditions. To go about, it go to CSA's website or http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/ or http://www.insuremytrip.com/ -- they'll both have the policy, along with details.

If you purchase insurance after there's a predicted hurricane-snowstorm-etc., there will be no coverage, so if you just heard something that worried you, unfortunately, it worried the insurers also.

If there are no predicted problems, and you don't mind not having pre-existing conditions coverage, you can purchase insurance right up to the date of travel.

Insurance thru Disney can be purchased up to the "paid in full" date. Private insurance can be purchased up to the time of travel, but the coverage will vary based on when it is purchased as noted above.

I cld Insure my trip and they told me they had NO insurance that would cover preexisting conditions. was able to get evacuation insurance but no medical and no cancellation insurance from anyone.

I cld Insure my trip and they told me they had NO insurance that would cover preexisting conditions. was able to get evacuation insurance but no medical and no cancellation insurance from anyone.

They must have stopped carrying the CSA policies for some reason--you can get pre-existing conditions coverage within 24 hours of your final payment through CSA:

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/csa.shtml

Disney Cruse Line provided insurance can not be purchased up until the "paid in full due date" so don't confuse this with the actual date you pay in full if you do this earlier than the final payment due date. Once you pay in full, no matter what the date, you can not add Disney Cruise Line insurance even if you modify your reservation to add transfer, change sail date, etc.

Another interesting fact that not too many people know is, if you have Disney Cruise Line insurance and pay your reservation in full there is a grace period to remove the insurance. You can remove the insurance any time within 10 calendar days (since DCL is open 7 days a week) of paying in full. After that time, it becomes non-refundable.

Also, if you have DCL insurance and you pay in full, the policy covers you from 10 days after you pay in full so it will cover any conditions that may arise from that date on. I know some who pay in full 2 years prior just to get this coverage. And no, there is no way to just pay the insurance, the reservation has to be paid in full.

How long ago did you Pay in Full? I understand the no pre-existing conditions thing if it's been more than 24 hours since you paid in full, but what reason did they give you for no Medical or cancellation at all? That doesn't make sense. When is your cruise?

Sayhello

I purchased my cruise in October 2010 and just paid for travel ins today. It was a company through my bank USAA but I believe anyone can get it from the company? Search, Travel Insured. I think with my USAA. membership processing fees were removed but for a family of 5. I got medical, trip cancellation, interruption, and a whole bunch more for a good price and kids are free!!! the only thing I couldn't have covered was preexisting medical issues. I had to get the ins within 21 days of placing a deposit.

How does the travel insurance work if you have to Pay In Full when you are making your reservation. :confused: Meaning your trip is in less than 30 days? It concerns me that the Disney offered insurance does not cover pre existing conditions? I had hoped to shop around a bit for something else, but am confused by the dates that trip insurance can be added. :scared:

How does the travel insurance work if you have to Pay In Full when you are making your reservation. :confused: Meaning your trip is in less than 30 days? It concerns me that the Disney offered insurance does not cover pre existing conditions? I had hoped to shop around a bit for something else, but am confused by the dates that trip insurance can be added. :scared:

If your initial payment is also your final payment, you should be able to purchase insurance which covers pre-existing conditions. Just about all of them should work--ironically, in this one corner case, CSA has the shortest window--within 24 hours of your final payment.

Whichever insurance you choose, though, I'd recommend buying it the same day you make your payment. That way, if anything develops between that date and your cruise, you're covered.

If your initial payment is also your final payment, you should be able to purchase insurance which covers pre-existing conditions. Just about all of them should work--ironically, in this one corner case, CSA has the shortest window--within 24 hours of your final payment.

Whichever insurance you choose, though, I'd recommend buying it the same day you make your payment. That way, if anything develops between that date and your cruise, you're covered.

In fact, I wanted to purchase it tonight..but since the first and final payment aren't due until tomorrow, it wouldn't allow me. As it seems there has to be a deposit of at least $300.00 made. I will just buy the insurance and pay for the trip one after the other on the same day.
I just wanted to have something in place that offered a bit more than what it seems Disney is offering. It also appears to be $80.00 less than what Disney is offering. That's a nice plus!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter