Instead of being so quick to judge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need anything bolded I know the subject matter and it seems to me that people with children that throw tantrums should be the ones staying home, until they learn to behave. Don't tell me that I should stay away from places children go becuse I feel children should behave and to intrude on me or others

I didn't bold anything to tell you the subject matter--but obviously you don't seem to grasp that they are in fact children and not little adults.

I didn't tell you to stay home, just suggested you not go around children since they seem to bother you so much.

We all have to live in this world together, and that includes children. Parents have to purchase groceries and clothes and gas, just like you do. And in a perfect world their children would act like little angels all the time but the reality is that the world is not perfect and neither are anyone's children.

Children should not be allowed to run around a play in a store like its a playground but meltdowns, tears, tantrums, etc. are all a part of being a child. You did all that too, just ask your mom or dad; I promise you were not a little robot with no emotions.

But it is all about the parent! Don't you know how special they are because they gave birth and are raising a child! How dare anyone even think of inconveniencing those heroic people! It is selfish of those who have no children or whose children a grown to expect to go anywhere and not have a darling child screaming at the top of their lungs, racing around unsupervised, banging on the table, throwing food..or our all time favorite-playing the harmonica! :lmao:

My friends and I have stopped going to movies and get most of our "dinners out" as take away and eat at someone's house. We gave in and we're letting the parents and their charming cherubs have it all.

No its not all about the parent. Its not all about the child. Its not knowing their are people in this world that do in fact have children and those children do in fact act less than perfect sometimes.

I find it funny when people say "I have stopped going out because of all the children" but yet, I have never, ever had a meal interuppted or a movie interuppted because of a child's behavior. NEVER. One movie, one time, a baby started crying and the mom took the baby out.

Did you ever think that if you are bothered by children every where you go, that maybe its YOU and YOUR attitude, not the children that's the problem. I mean you can't be running into the same children all the time, so you are the only constant in the equation.

I have read your posts. I don't think any child, regardless of how they are behaving, are beasts. I find it disturbing that you would call a child that term. I suggest you edit your posts for punctuation and spelling. To me, this is just as bothersome as a child screaming at the top of their lungs. You are disturbing my reading.

The random periods seem to be an issue with the iPad. I've noticed it occasionally on some posts.

I didn't bold anything to tell you the subject matter--but obviously you don't seem to grasp that they are in fact children and not little adults.

I didn't tell you to stay home, just suggested you not go around children since they seem to bother you so much.

We all have to live in this world together, and that includes children. Parents have to purchase groceries and clothes and gas, just like you do. And in a perfect world their children would act like little angels all the time but the reality is that the world is not perfect and neither are anyone's children.

Children should not be allowed to run around a play in a store like its a playground but meltdowns, tears, tantrums, etc. are all a part of being a child. You did all that too, just ask your mom or dad; I promise you were not a little robot with no emotions.

No its not all about the parent. Its not all about the child. Its not knowing their are people in this world that do in fact have children and those children do in fact act less than perfect sometimes.

I find it funny when people say "I have stopped going out because of all the children" but yet, I have never, ever had a meal interuppted or a movie interuppted because of a child's behavior. NEVER. One movie, one time, a baby started crying and the mom took the baby out.

Did you ever think that if you are bothered by children every where you go, that maybe its YOU and YOUR attitude, not the children that's the problem. I mean you can't be running into the same children all the time, so you are the only constant in the equation.

Clearly your definition of what constitutes acceptable behavior in a public place differs from mine...and from plenty of others who post here.

OKay I am ducking and donning my flame proof suit.:scared:

While I do think that most times a kind smile or word can help people, and I try my best to have empathy for people because at some point we all need a kind word to get us through the day. However.......I do have to agree that if someone has a child that is acting terribly then they need to remove them from the situation. I am a Mom of five so for those who want to pick on the childless I speak from some experience. I refuse to let my children bother others. I think it is rude. In turn, they (and myself) do not like it when other children act out and intrude on their time as well. Of course we do understand that there are times when things are simply unavoidable and we have immense sympathy for those times, we simply find it annoying is Mom and Dad want to stroll the mall and ignore their children acting up and running around etc. (as an example)

There are definetly times when a parent has no choice and has to get something done. I will say that those times in my experience aren't as often as some make it seem. Most of the poor behavior that I personally have witnessed is with parents who want to satisfy their own needs while being oblivious to the needs of their children. Just because you (a general you) feel like perusing the housewares aisle at Target when your children have simply had enough and are acting up doesn't mean that we must all be subjected to them crying about it. Unless it is an emergency (in which case you would quickly get what you need and be done) there is no need for the relaxing (to you) stroll around the store examining every decorating idea while your child sobs. That imo is not a neccesity. You need food, diapers, something for a school project- that I totally get. You want an afternoon of shopping for fun for yourself? No. I don't get that and think it is selfish.

Of course this is my opinion and I am sure many won't agree and that is fine.

ETA- Oh- and for the record- I don't ever feel annoyed with the kids. After all, they are kids. I get annoyed with the adults who should know better.

OKay I am ducking and donning my flame proof suit.:scared:

While I do think that most times a kind smile or word can help people, and I try my best to have empathy for people because at some point we all need a kind word to get us through the day. However.......I do have to agree that if someone has a child that is acting terribly then they need to remove them from the situation. I am a Mom of five so for those who want to pick on the childless I speak from some experience. I refuse to let my children bother others. I think it is rude. In turn, they (and myself) do not like it when other children act out and intrude on their time as well. Of course we do understand that there are times when things are simply unavoidable and we have immense sympathy for those times, we simply find it annoying is Mom and Dad want to stroll the mall and ignore their children acting up and running around etc. (as an example)

There are definetly times when a parent has no choice and has to get something done. I will say that those times in my experience aren't as often as some make it seem. Most of the poor behavior that I personally have witnessed is with parents who want to satisfy their own needs while being oblivious to the needs of their children. Just because you (a general you) feel like perusing the housewares aisle at Target when your children have simply had enough and are acting up doesn't mean that we must all be subjected to them crying about it. Unless it is an emergency (in which case you would quickly get what you need and be done) there is no need for the relaxing (to you) stroll around the store examining every decorating idea while your child sobs. That imo is not a neccesity. You need food, diapers, something for a school project- that I totally get. You want an afternoon of shopping for fun for yourself? No. I don't get that and think it is selfish.

Of course this is my opinion and I am sure many won't agree and that is fine.

ETA- Oh- and for the record- I don't ever feel annoyed with the kids. After all, they are kids. I get annoyed with the adults who should know better.

Oh, but all those things you observed? That's all about YOU, it's certainly not about the darling children or the amazing parent. It's you that are wrong for thinking the parent dragging their sobbing child through the decorating section is selfish.

All of us who have ever observed a child screaming through a movie, having a tantrum in a restaurant or racing around a store are just evil people that hate children and we're the ones that are wrong.

Oh, but all those things you observed? That's all about YOU, it's certainly not about the darling children or the amazing parent. It's you that are wrong for thinking the parent dragging their sobbing child through the decorating section is selfish.

All of us who have ever observed a child screaming through a movie, having a tantrum in a restaurant or racing around a store are just evil people that hate children and we're the ones that are wrong.

:lmao: Well, then at least I have some people to hang out with.;):laughing:

An example of what can happen when you do 'remove a child from a situation' ;)

The last 'in-store' melt down my Daughter has was when she was about 2 1/2. We were at Sears and she started to melt. Our way of dealing with it was to take her out so while I finished paying, her Dad took her to the car. Needless to say she screamed all the way down the escalator and out the door, "I want my Mommy".

Well, some concerned people in the store decided (based on the screams for Mommy) that she was being kidnapped by some strange man and called the police. Once my husband got to the car he was surrounded by police cars.

As I was walking out of the store I saw groups of people gathered at the windows but didn't think anything of it until I walked out the door.

When I reached the car the police were questioning my daughter about who her Daddy was but she was scared so wasn't answering. Her Dad was angry that he couldn't even prove he was her Dad.

It was all straightened out when I got there and actually one of the officers said "I completely understand because I have a 2 year old".

I had to laugh about it and couldn't be angry because at least people cared enough to call but this was the last time I remember my daughter even so much as crying in a store. ;)

Again I am not having trouble grasping anything, I have a Very different opinion than you do and it seems you can't seem to grasp that. A lot of people on this thread want to give carte glance to children, I don't and I never threw a tantrum in a public place, my parents wouldn't allow it they raised me so i knew right from wrong and what was and wasnt tolerated and they did so when we went out i knew how to act Apparently some parents are incapable of teaching thir children how to behave unless they have a very public audience and that is truly a shame

This thread was in no way started to defend selfish parents. This thread is about random acts of compassion from one mom to another and how we should all try to follow her lead. i was jut pointing out that offers to help or at the very least not saying anything - not rolling your eyes is in my experience a better response. For everyone.

They get cranky, they get fussy, they act out at inopportune times.

You know what? Adults do it too! Especially men, when they don't get their way, hehehe. I can remember trips to Disney when our kids were little, and my DH and I would both get SO stresed out, and the kids were practically perfect angels!

I am a mom of two, and I don't judge unless I see a parent being oblivious (especially at restaurants...oh man, that drives me nuts). Kids are kids, and they are precious...and often quite entertaining!

An example of what can happen when you do 'remove a child from a situation' ;)

The last 'in-store' melt down my Daughter has was when she was about 2 1/2. We were at Sears and she started to melt. Our way of dealing with it was to take her out so while I finished paying, her Dad took her to the car. Needless to say she screamed all the way down the escalator and out the door, "I want my Mommy".

Well, some concerned people in the store decided (based on the screams for Mommy) that she was being kidnapped by some strange man and called the police. Once my husband got to the car he was surrounded by police cars.

As I was walking out of the store I saw groups of people gathered at the windows but didn't think anything of it until I walked out the door.

When I reached the car the police were questioning my daughter about who her Daddy was but she was scared so wasn't answering. Her Dad was angry that he couldn't even prove he was her Dad.

It was all straightened out when I got there and actually one of the officers said "I completely understand because I have a 2 year old".

I had to laugh about it and couldn't be angry because at least people cared enough to call but this was the last time I remember my daughter even so much as crying in a store. ;)

I was't sure if I should laugh or:eek:
WOW lol

Again I am not having trouble grasping anything, I have a Very different opinion than you do and it seems you can't seem to grasp that. A lot of people on this thread want to give carte glance to children, I don't and I never threw a tantrum in a public place, my parents wouldn't allow it they raised me so i knew right from wrong and what was and wasnt tolerated and they did so when we went out i knew how to act Apparently some parents are incapable of teaching thir children how to behave unless they have a very public audience and that is truly a shame

Are you really saying that you NEVER , and I mean never, as a toddler, had one fit outside of the home? So at age 17 months you knew right from wrong? You never cried in a store? Sorry, not buying it.

Are you really saying that you NEVER , and I mean never, as a toddler, had one fit outside of the home? So at age 17 months you knew right from wrong? You never cried in a store? Sorry, not buying it.

My parents used this really amazing invention called the "babysitter". I did not go shopping with them, I did not go out to the movies with them, I did not go to restaurants with them until I was old enough to behave properly and not inconvenience others.

As for tantrums, I had my share at home, but my mother still tells the story about my crying for some cereal in the grocery store ONCE. Believe me, I knew better than to ever try that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter