Instead of a pillowcase can I use a photo mat?

i'mfluffy

Mouseketeer
I don't think DS would be really all that impressed with a pillowcase. I was wondering if I could drop off a photo mat instead. I thought that with a picture from the cruise would be a great momento.

Yes, you can do a photo matte. Lots of people do. Make sure you tell them which way you want it signed, portrait or landscape. Some people also leave multiple colors of pens too. Ship photos come in 8x10 or 6x8 if you want to use one of those in your matte.

We left 2 photo mattes along with red and black pens for autographs and they came out BEAUTIFUL! I had seeon someone here post a photo of one done in just red and black, so I can't take credit for it.

We also received small drawstring bags for the kids from the FE gifts that came with a black sharpie and a note to bring it to guest services to get autographs. My kids LOVED these, and my DS even had the Captain sign his bag!

I also had the characters sign a t-shirt. Good conversation starter for the kids at school.

They always do a very nice job for you. Have a pillowcase and a photo mat. The pillow case is in lots of colors, and looks a little nicer. If I was to do another photo mat, I think I would make sure I gave in a colorful assortment of pens.

We provided a colourful variety of sharpies and did a large photo mat and pillow cases. ( I thought I had to include my own markers) They turned our Awesome :yay:We are really excited to hang our picture! And the kids loved each having their own pillow case :)

Yes, we have 3! Like other poster said you can send whatever you want. Some people do shirts and aprons. I thought about doing a canvas bag for a gift for my mom. A mat we did that came out really cool was a black mat with metalic signatures. You can get metalic Sharpies.

is there a limit to how much stuff you can have signed? I'm not talking about bringing 50 things to be signed, but when you have 2 kids and you want something for each of them, like pillowcases and t-shirts, and then maybe a photo mat for yourself, the count could easily add up. Do they frown on multiple items, or smile and say "bring it on". ;)

On a side note, make sure your items are clean. You may laugh and think that is crazy, but before our cruise last December, I stopped at a little dollar store near the port and picked up 2 pillowcases (I totally forgot about this while packing at home). I left them in the package - NEVER opened them. Turned them into guest services for autographs and when they were returned to me on the last night, one was not done because it was "soiled". I opened it and it literally looked like it had blood on it! :scared1: :mad: So check your stuff ahead of time!

is there a limit to how much stuff you can have signed? I'm not talking about bringing 50 things to be signed, but when you have 2 kids and you want something for each of them, like pillowcases and t-shirts, and then maybe a photo mat for yourself, the count could easily add up. Do they frown on multiple items, or smile and say "bring it on". ;)

On a side note, make sure your items are clean. You may laugh and think that is crazy, but before our cruise last December, I stopped at a little dollar store near the port and picked up 2 pillowcases (I totally forgot about this while packing at home). I left them in the package - NEVER opened them. Turned them into guest services for autographs and when they were returned to me on the last night, one was not done because it was "soiled". I opened it and it literally looked like it had blood on it! :scared1: :mad: So check your stuff ahead of time!

I don't think there is a limit, you are probably being reasonable, i.e. two kids. Twice we have done two pillow cases (matching set) and a mat.

I second what you said about washing ahead of time. EEEKKK the "bloody pillow case," but seriously if you have new pillow cases, shirts, whatever material, it has sizing in it. You want the sizing washed out before they write on them.

One thing I read somewhere else on here was to tape off the edges of the mat with painters tape so the signatures are not hidden once you put it in a frame. I wouldn't have thought of that. I had a picture frame signed it turned out really cute. I have also heard of people making a quilt out of Disney fabric and leaving certain squares blank fabric for signatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter