Instant Breakfasts and Energy

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
Has anyone brought those Instant Breakfast things (its like you mix it with milk type of deal) and had enough energy to make it til lunch and what not?

I have not tried these. To keep your energy up and not feel hungry you should really eat every two hours. If you aren't going to do that I would suggest eating a breakfast high in protien. That will keep you full longer. I would probably go for a meal replacement shake that has at least 15 g. of protien. EAS has some called Advant Edge that are pretty tasty.

I used to drink the Carnation kind in high school. They always tasted good and I could usually last until an early lunch with them. You certainly can't beat it in a hurry. You do need to shake it in order to get it to mix right. Almost like making pudding. I would bring some sort of sealable container for that part.

We have tried it several times at home. I would say that you will be as full as if you drank a large glass of milk. (Which is basically what you are doing) Milk always makes me feel full, so it would last me until lunch.

As for the energy...I really can't answer that one...sorry:(

Maybe you could try them at home first and see what happens.

Danielle

I have been drinking them at home... and I will agree they keep you full for a long time (so full that I usually am not hungry for lunch). But my consern comes with the energy part, I don't do much at home that requires a lot of energy therefore it's hard to test it... and if I drink them and then work out, like always I wanna sleep and I'm still not hungry... but I know that just in general when I go to disney I dont get that tired, I usually don't get that hungry. I was just curious because anyone I could possibly go with doesn't eat breakfast, and I was just trying to find a good alternative. Its probably between the instant breakfast and fruit. As for getting like Energy Bars or anything like that, when I can buy a box of instant breakfast for the same price as one energy bar... then.. its not worth it to me... I haven't cared much for my body.... so I'm nt that worried about getting in the right about of proteins or anything...

Originally posted by BeckWhy
so I'm nt that worried about getting in the right about of proteins or anything...

Yes, but the more protiens you eat, the longer you will feel full.

I would go with fruit primarily in the morning (munch as you need to) and water. Between those two, it gives me lots of energy until lunch munch time

thanks
jaysue

Since you already drink and enjoy Instant Breakfast, I would stick with it, but definitely have some fruit, too, such as a banana or apple. I would also suggest bringing along some granola bars to snack on. Complex carbohydrates are what give you lasting energy. HTH

I did the Slimfast drinks in the morning and the Slimfast bars in the afternoon. It really helps when your on the go. Also, saves alot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter