• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Insta Mini Photography?

kkelder24

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I depart in less than a week for a quick weekend trip to WDW. I've been loving my instal mini since I picked it up a few years ago and already have it pack. I was wondering if anyone has ever brought or used one. I'm having difficulty finding info on it. I've rarely taken a bad picture with it but I want to use it for character pics as a change of idea for autographs (last time I used a white picture frame).

Basically my questions are:
Will photo pass people use it at character meet and greets?
Recommended settings for m&g's? (we're doing Cinderella, Anna & Elsa, Mickey and Ariel for sure - whoever else comes up along the way - definitely!)
General use tips within Disney?

Yes, you can use the Insta mini. Photographers/handlers are more than willing to take the photo for you, and I have seen many people using one.

One issue that you may run into (not a real issue in the grand scheme honestly) but the M&Gs have a pattern that they go through - Autograph, talk, photo. To autograph the photo, you would have to switch that order and it can throw off the flow of the meets. It will take all of one family to get the flow back, but you might encounter some pushback from handlers for it. Just explain what you are doing beforehand though and it shouldn't be a problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter