• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inspired: What movies have you walked out of?

I'm too cheap to walk out of a movie :blush: the only movie that made me want to walk out was Godzilla with Matthew Broderick. I've witnessed many people walking out of movies we go to though (some even cursed angrily at the screen). The last 2 I can remember people walking out on are Fahreinheit 911 and Jarhead.

RadioNate said:
I really really really wanted to leave Starship Troopers but my boyfriend at the time LOVED it.

I love that movie, I watch it all the time when it's on TV. :rotfl2:

The only movie I've ever walked out on was "Titanic". It was boring, sappy, and just general annoying. And it just went on and on and on. I had a headache, so I just decided to skip the rest of it. Besides, it's not like I didn't know how it was going to end. Hello? The boat sinks. :confused3

That's it, though. We don't see many movies, and we're really picky about what we use our one or two movies a year on! So, it would be really unusual for us to go into something without being pretty sure we would like it.

The only other movie we ever came close to leaving was "Very Bad Things". We both love dark comedy, so I figured it would be perfect for us. It turned out to just be horrible. It actually made me feel sick. Not funny at all. Just disturbing on every level. And, I really do love dark comedy, normally!

By the way, I absolutely loved "Lost in Translation" and several others I've seen mentioned here. Oh well.

ADisneygirl said:
I've only walked out of one movie so far, and it was long, long ago in the early 80's. I was in high school and my boyfriend took me to see this re-running of some old 60's or 70's movie playing downtown that he said someone told him was great: A Clockwork Orange. It was absolutely the most vile, abhorant movie I could imagine. It was one bizarre rape after another. I saw about 30 minutes of it, and said "that's it for me".

Blech.

I lasted until they were pluverizing the old man... not sure how far into it that was, I try not to think about it.... but I still 'see' that scene when the movie is mentioned, it really bothered me. Just Sick. And, like you, the only film I ever walked out on....

JimB. said:
I have not walked out (too cheap to leave), but if I HAD "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" would be the first.

It sucked (pardon my french) beyond alll comprehension. InCredibly Bad.

See now this movie tickle me. It really did.

GEM said:
The boat sinks.

Well, now you've gone and ruined the ending for people that haven't seen the movie yet. :rotfl:

dis ms. said:
Well, now you've gone and ruined the ending for people that haven't seen the movie yet. :rotfl:

Oops. Guess I should have included a spoiler alert. Sorry!! :rotfl:

Beth76 said:
Lord of the Rings III. Ugh, that thing was so long and it never ended. I was pregnant at the time and was very uncomfortable. I really just needed to get out of there. I told DH to stay and that I would wait in the lobby, but he left too all in a huff.

OMG!!!! Some one had the same experience I had!! lol :rotfl2: I HATED the tacked on ending... Jeeze , was Peter trying to tie up EVERY single freekin' loose end??!

My dh and I had so much disdain for the ending we (and several other ppl) started making wry comments to the movie screen like "And now we follow Frodo as he makes himself a sandwich" and my fave comment from my dh "This movie has been over for 15 minutes, they just don't want to admit it!" lol :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ohhh man another doozy was that stupid movie "The Village" .. Which in all fairness, it was a decent movie . it's just that they promoted it to be a " Spooky, Thrilling, scary suspence " , and what we got was like watching that one PBS reality show about ppl living as Pilgrims... :rolleyes:

I am too cheap and too choosy to walk out of movies, but I do remember one movie in the late 70's/early 80's called "The Black Stallion"- I really wanted to walk out of that one. I ended up making lots of trips out to the lobby for snacks and bathroom breaks during it. I was babysitting, and the girl's mom paid for us to go see this. It was just so excruciatingly long and boring. Shot after shot of the black horse running. Running on the beach. Running through a meadow. Running on the track. Running through the woods. Aaaargh!!! I just didn't get it.

I did sleep through most of "Home on the Range" when DD and I went to see it in the theater- I must have been tired, though, because we have it on DVD, and I have watched it several times at home and liked it.

jekajekalynn said:
Ohhh man another doozy was that stupid movie "The Village" .. Which in all fairness, it was a decent movie . it's just that they promoted it to be a " Spooky, Thrilling, scary suspence " , and what we got was like watching that one PBS reality show about ppl living as Pilgrims... :rolleyes:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I enjoyed it but you're right, it was kind of like that PBS show!

DH slept through most of Shakespear in Love - waking up in time to leave the theatre and pronounce "that was the best nap I've had in years".

MomofKatie said:
I am too cheap and too choosy to walk out of movies, but I do remember one movie in the late 70's/early 80's called "The Black Stallion"- I really wanted to walk out of that one. I ended up making lots of trips out to the lobby for snacks and bathroom breaks during it. I was babysitting, and the girl's mom paid for us to go see this. It was just so excruciatingly long and boring. Shot after shot of the black horse running. Running on the beach. Running through a meadow. Running on the track. Running through the woods. Aaaargh!!! I just didn't get it.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
That reminds me of the one movie my mom dropped us off at the theater to see when we were young--"Jonathon Seagull"----it was about seagulls swooping and flying for over an hour with some guy talking like he was the bird, ARGH! Very painful to watch and we were too young to leave the theater but not too young to realize we were watching the most boring movie on the face of the earth!!
What was it about the 70's/80's and animal movies??!! They were just bad...

I haven't walked out of a movie cause I don't get to go very often and I enjoy the time away(from 2 ds's and dh :) )

Beth76 said:
Lord of the Rings III. Ugh, that thing was so long and it never ended. I was pregnant at the time and was very uncomfortable. I really just needed to get out of there. I told DH to stay and that I would wait in the lobby, but he left too all in a huff.
I just bought the extended version and it doubles the length of the movie. DH and I just finished about 6 hours of LotR III! :rotfl: Having read the book, I loved it because it had more of the book in it.

Toy-- as a child, it talked about sex too much so we left
Brahm Stoker'd Dracula-- in college but couldn't get past the scene where some animal is intimate with a woman on a bench. Still fuzzy so I can't describe it well. I porbably looked away and RAN
Bill and Ted's Bogue Journey-- unbearably NOT funny!
Shakespear in Love-- new mom and it wasn't worth being away from my baby :love:
Scream-- opening scene of her being dragged through the woods freaked me out!!
7-- enough said

I have about 10 more I'll edit in when I can remember them.

I walked out of Must Love Dogs, The Beach, and Lawnmower Man.

Magnolia's with Tom Cruise-it was dollar tuesday nite, so we didn't feel to bad.
My son rented it after it came out on DVD, and we still don't understand it.

In our house we have a 30 minute rule when watching DVDs. If the film has not engaged us within the first 30 minutes, we shut it off or switch to another one.

I've never walked out of a movie I've seen in the theatres, but I couldn't begin to tell you how many movies at home never saw the 31st minute!!

We're grateful for Netflix! That way, when the rallying cry of "Is it 30 minutes yet?!?" comes up, we don't feel guilty about shutting it off since the price of each film isn't more than a buck or two....

LindsayDunn228 said:
Varsity Blues

Aside from the fact that it's about football (bleh), what was wrong with it?

I can't remember ever walking out of a movie, although I know DH and I have at least once. We've driven away from the second showing of a drive-in movie, but that's because we were too tired to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter