Inspired by...Tooth fairy ?? thread - who has kept the teeth???

mom2alix said:
My friend did this too, until one day her DD4 went upstairs and got into her memory trunk. She ate wedding mints from my friend's wedding that she had saved (yuck! 6 year old mints). Then she ate the "raisin" she found in a little baggy. Yep, you guessed it. The "raisin" was her little brother's umbilical cord, which my friend had saved. (Makes the mints not sound so bad.)

My poor friend still turns green when she thinks about it.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Definitely wins the prize for the grossest thing I have ever read on the DIS!!!

I have a little box with a few of my baby teeth, a buffalo head nickel, and an arrowhead I found as a child on my grandmother's farm. I guess I saved DD's teeth because my mom had saved some of mine. I don't know which ones are which, though - maybe I'll let them divide up the baby teeth the same way I plan on having them divide my china and silver!!!!

I used to keep the teeth, but one time my dd found them a jewelry box on my dresser & asked, "what's this?". Not wanting to spoil the tooth fairy secret from her or ds, I told her they were the teeth from the cats I had had before she was born. She said that was gross & I got rid of them the next day.

This it truth! I met a young woman who had her baby teeth made into a ring.
So I guess you could make a ring out of them :rotfl:

*shudder*

My stepmother kept my stepbrother's teeth. Blech. I'm sorry, that's just nasty to me.

My dd (5 1/2) just lost her 1st tooth Sunday. She was sooo excited! Well, Monday morning came, and she was quite upset that the tooth fairy took her tooth!!! :rotfl: She wanted nothing to do with her money that was left! Just mad the tooth was gone! ( I didn't save it ;) )

Lives4Disney said:
My dog eats the kids' teeth. Shhh....it's a secret. They usually put the teeth on their nightstands and little do they know the toothfairy that takes their teeth is a big Newf. I go and deliver their little gifts, but the Newf-fairy has already disposed of their teeth. :dog: (Yum)

My younger daughter saw her do it one time and wouldn't tell a soul. She didn't want anyone to be disappointed with Tatum our Newfie. :flower: It's a doggy thing. :dog2:

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The Newf-fairy... :goodvibes

mom2alix said:
My friend did this too, until one day her DD4 went upstairs and got into her memory trunk. She ate wedding mints from my friend's wedding that she had saved (yuck! 6 year old mints). Then she ate the "raisin" she found in a little baggy. Yep, you guessed it. The "raisin" was her little brother's umbilical cord, which my friend had saved. (Makes the mints not sound so bad.)

:crazy2: ewww~

I think the yuckiest thing I ever saw was my sister's collection of circumcision rings--she has two boys and both were circed, so she kept the little rings when they fell off. too weird for me. :rolleyes1

abaldacci said:
This it truth! I met a young woman who had her baby teeth made into a ring.
So I guess you could make a ring out of them :rotfl:

This is all I can picture - some proud parent walking around with a baby teeth necklace - :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: What a conversation piece that would be!!!!!

We have a pediatric dentist who pulled a very loose baby tooth for one of our kids, then warned me to be careful with handling it. He told me that the teeth that come out are loaded with bacteria he knew of a lady who handled her child's baby tooth after it fell out and then touched her eye. She got a very serious eye infection. He said handle them minimally and wash your hands afterwards. That was enough for me to hear. They come out, go into a baggie under a pillow, the tooth fairy does their thing and those germy teeth are out of here.

minkydog said:
:crazy2: ewww~

I think the yuckiest thing I ever saw was my sister's collection of circumcision rings--she has two boys and both were circed, so she kept the little rings when they fell off. too weird for me. :rolleyes1

Eww.
What is she planning on doing with them?!
If this thread keeps going, I am afraid of what someone else is going to post that somebody saved!

Why are there so many off-topic threads in the DISNEY FOR FAMILIES forum?

Schmeck said:
Why are there so many off-topic threads in the DISNEY FOR FAMILIES forum?

Why are you reading so many "off-topic threads" and posting your complaints on all of them? You can easily tell from the title what it's about, and if you don't like it- don't select it! Read something else. There's tons here. It's really quite simple.

People have a tendency to view this as a family thread- where we can talk about issues that moms, dads, caretakers face both in and out of "the World". The community board is a vast ocean of posts with a different atmosphere than the Families board. We like sharing our opinions with each other.

I have all 5 of DD's teeth (she really lost one) in a sample/keychain size tupperware container with her name on it. I also have 2 more waiting with my other DD's name on them.

It's easy to skip 1-2 threads, but when half the board is full of off topic stuff, it's hard to find the stuff I come to the Disney For Families to read about - how families do Disney. Not about teeth, circumsion, who is from where, homeschooling, etc.

Guess it's too much to ask for, for people to stay on topic, and to post about OT stuff on some other board?

DD6 just lost her top tooth. DH gave her $5 from tooth fairy. I thought that was highway robbery. Am I wrong? How much is the norm?

Well, my son is 32, and I still have his baby teeth. :p I've had them this long, and there is no way that I can toss them. Several years ago I told him that I still had all of his baby teeth, his response, "oh mom, that's gross." :rotfl:

spedtchr said:
DD6 just lost her top tooth. DH gave her $5 from tooth fairy. I thought that was highway robbery. Am I wrong? How much is the norm?

I used to get a dollar, but that was in the early eighties- with inflation these days, that's about right. It would be interesting to see what the going rate for teeth is today. :bitelip:

prplcrzy said:
I have kept my daughter's teeth, but don't know what I would do with them. Our puppy is losing his teeth and I found one this morning. I guess I'll keep his too! :paw:

Nancy

My DS (in this case, DS is "Dog Son") is 9 years old. I still have his first puppy tooth. :dog2: :dog2: :dog2:

Mrs. PB

I store all of my kids' teeth . . . right in the ole file 13! Here are my craft suggestions for all you teeth savers` :earseek: :

decorate a picture frame
make earrings - chandeliers even
Make replacements for all the dice you've lost out of games (put dots on all sides w/Sharpie)
earplugs so you can't hear them whining and fighting
string them for Christmas garland
drill holes and make buttons
Get a bladder (or any extra organ) , that dried up umbilical cord for a handle, and make a rattle

LuluLovesDisney said:
I used to get a dollar, but that was in the early eighties- with inflation these days, that's about right. It would be interesting to see what the going rate for teeth is today. :bitelip:

I used to get a quarter in the early 80s! At our house the going rate is a dollar and I thought that was generous ($2 for a molar).

One time DS got a book that he really wanted (Magic Tree House) instead of money and he thought that was cool. I have a little yellow pouch about 1 inch square that the tooth goes into and it's where the tooth fairy money is left.

I have saved my son's first two teeth only because an aunt had given me a little silver container for "baby's first tooth." The rest I don't save. DS asked me one time what the tooth fairy did with the teeth and I told him she collects children's baby teeth because they're magical - the fairies grind them up into pixie dust to help them fly. :wizard:

So there you go - pixie dust is ground up baby teeth! You heard it here first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter