Inspired by Love at 1st sight thread, do you believe everyone has a soulmate?

goin2disneyagain

<font color=FF00CC>AKL- A WILD place to visit!<br>
I have been wondering about this. Do you believe that everyone has a soulmate? If you do, do you believe that you will always end up being with your soulmate? I was reading something not too long ago that said that you don't always end up with your soulmate and wondered what others thought about this.

I don't know. If we have a soulmate, though, I found mine 34 years ago.

Katholyn

If we do, I havent found him yet.........

though after 12 years, I can finally say- I can look and maybe I will find him? Who knows.....

My luck- I did meet him and he moved to Florida at the end of April, but one will never know I guess.- however, if he ends up back in VT then I guess just maybe he mighta been?

I dont think everyone finds their soulmate, I would like to be one that does.

Brandy

I think that everyone may have a soulmate but I can also see that you might not find him or her. That doesn't mean that you can't love someone else.

goin2disneyagain said:
I have been wondering about this. Do you believe that everyone has a soulmate? If you do, do you believe that you will always end up being with your soulmate?

I believe that everyone has at least one perfect match out there somewhere(this is what I believe to be a soulmate), but in such a world that we have today, it is so hard to find that person that some never do.

I don't beleive in soulmates. I believe in finding someone who makes you happy, who's flaws don't grow to irritate you, someone you want to work with on the journey.

Not perfectly suited, or fated, but someone you love and who is your friend.

9 mos after I knew, hung out with and ated the guy who became my DH of 12 1/2 years....I knew he was The One whne I realized he was unlike me yet very like my grandfather. He was the guy I almost wished had been my dad...and therefore the best choice as dad for my, then hypothetical, kids.
I still wanna get rocking chairs for the porch and watch the world pass us, too. I adore him and enjoy his company.

Yes, I believe that everyone has a soulmate. But I don't think everyone finds their soulmate.

I hope that I do. :goodvibes

I don't believe that we have "soulmates". However, i do think that some couples are better suited than others, more tolerant of their differences, and more adaptable to change. I'm sure that had I not married DH i would surely have met & married someone else wonderful, because I wanted to be married and have a family. I made it a priority in my life and fortunately, I met THE ONE. It doesn't always work out that way, but it did for me. I don't know that we are soulmates, but we certainly have a very stable, mature relationship in which we both support each other, put up with the quirkiness, and strive to build our lives together.

No. I think you are very lucky if you meet someone you are truly compatible with and the relationship lasts.

:badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :scared: :scared: :scared: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

I guess that covers my feelings about it since we don't have any angry and flaming smilies on the DIS.

I have always thought it was very convenient that people's soulmates just happen to live in the same town or go to the same college, etc. If there really was only one person for you, I would think it would require a big worldwide search to find them. I think there are certain types that work for certain people and even if you moved from Cleveland to Duluth, you'd still find someone who would work for you.

:sad2: Nope. It would be nice if it were true, but I don't belive there is only one person for each of us.

No I don't, and I honestly think that people who go through life alone waiting for Mr. or Ms. right are being kind of silly.

There's no such thing as fate. I tell my wife that if we didn't meet, we very well could be just as happy with others, or even happier. I love her like no man has loved a woman (i know, hyperbole) and would die for her, but that doesn't mean it was meant to be.

I also think there are different mates for different times in your life. Who I married was not what I wanted at age 13 or 19. I agree with Minkydog that you need a mature relationship with mutual respect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter