Inspire testing options?

CaptainAmerica

DIS Veteran
I'm very familiar with the pre-cruise testing for unvaccinated kids, but has anyone seen a decent summary of what's offered for adults since they've made the recent changes? Prices and options?

I sent and email to DCL Support Inspire to ask a question regarding COVID testing. The response was a little confusing. For fully vaccinated adults does Inspire offer a proctored home antigen test similar to on point and emed 24/7 or is it just a PCR test that you need to mail in?

In order to do the home antigen test we would like to test like 4 am in the morning and upload results to safe passage prior to hitting the road. Based on the DCL website I didn't think Inspire has that option. Thanks

I sent and email to DCL Support Inspire to ask a question regarding COVID testing. The response was a little confusing. For fully vaccinated adults does Inspire offer a proctored home antigen test similar to on point and emed 24/7 or is it just a PCR test that you need to mail in?
Yes they do proctored antigen. $50. Must be the day before or two days before sailing. It doesn't have to be precisely "48 hours."

PCR is three days prior and only for the unvaccinated kids. $100.

In order to do the home antigen test we would like to test like 4 am in the morning and upload results to safe passage prior to hitting the road. Based on the DCL website I didn't think Inspire has that option. Thanks
I didn't try to book anything that early but I think I saw appointments pretty much midnight to midnight.

Yes they do proctored antigen. $50. Must be the day before or two days before sailing. It doesn't have to be precisely "48 hours."

I didn't try to book anything that early but I think I saw appointments pretty much midnight to midnight.
I booked my appointment for 12:15 am. I am isolating and masking until I get the “negative “ result.

For Inspire do you have to purchase the home test kit from them or can you use one that you already have? Is there any advantage to using Inspire other than I am assuming there is nothing to upload as you are already using Inspire vs a third party like onpoint?

For Inspire do you have to purchase the home test kit from them or can you use one that you already have?
You're paying $50 for the proctoring, so they're going to send you a test, but it's no different than the ones all of us have seen a million times at this point. Swab, dip, tip, squeeze, three drops, 10 minutes.

Is there any advantage to using Inspire other than I am assuming there is nothing to upload as you are already using Inspire vs a third party like onpoint?
I personally consider that a big advantage. The technician will go into their system and update your status while you're on the call with them, and they'll ask you to refresh on your end to confirm in real time that you're Clear to Sail before you hang up. That's a lot less stressful than uploading and waiting for verification. If something goes wrong, it can be very difficult to get someone on the phone or answering an e-mail.

You're paying $50 for the proctoring, so they're going to send you a test, but it's no different than the ones all of us have seen a million times at this point. Swab, dip, tip, squeeze, three drops, 10 minutes.

I personally consider that a big advantage. The technician will go into their system and update your status while you're on the call with them, and they'll ask you to refresh on your end to confirm in real time that you're Clear to Sail before you hang up. That's a lot less stressful than uploading and waiting for verification. If something goes wrong, it can be very difficult to get someone on the phone or answering an e-mail.
I agree. Thank you

I've heard you can't order the kits from Inspire until the 15 day window opens. This concerns me as we are leaving for our cruise a couple of days before hand and don't want to pay that much and not get the tests in time. Has anyone here had experience with mailing times on the Inspire proctored kits and want to share? Really appreciate the info.

Thank you. Was their website easy to navigate to get the video/camera on so they can watch you? I don't know why the thought of this makes me nervous. I assume you show photo ID first?

I've heard you can't order the kits from Inspire until the 15 day window opens. This concerns me as we are leaving for our cruise a couple of days before hand and don't want to pay that much and not get the tests in time. Has anyone here had experience with mailing times on the Inspire proctored kits and want to share? Really appreciate the info.
People on my cruise (July 19th on the Wish) that ordered through the safe passage website received them around 4 days after they placed the order.

We are planning to set sail on July 28th. This was our experience with ordering:
- at the 15 day window (on 7/13 at 9 AM) we uploaded our vaccine cards
- within about 30 hours (on 7/14 at 2:30 PM), our vaccine cards were "approved" and we received an email letting us know
- once the vaccine cards are approved you can order the proctored covid test through Safe Passage, so we ordered them on 7/14 around 3:30 PM
- we received an email on 7/15 that the tests had shipped
- the tests arrived on 7/16 in the morning

Our testing is scheduled for 7/26, so we received our at-home tests 10 days ahead of the testing appointment time and 12 days ahead of sailing. Plenty of time!

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
We are planning to set sail on July 28th. This was our experience with ordering:
- within about 30 hours (on 7/14 at 2:30 PM), our vaccine cards were "approved" and we received an email letting us know
- once the vaccine cards are approved you can order the proctored covid test through Safe Passage, so we ordered them on 7/14 around 3:30 PM

Our testing is scheduled for 7/26, so we received our at-home tests 10 days ahead of the testing appointment time and 12 days ahead of sailing. Plenty of time!

Good Luck :)
fabulous! Thanks for the detailed response. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

were early morning appointments like 5:00 am for the proctored zoom antigen tests easily available?

This is an excellent time line! Thank you so much! I am on the Aug 22 sailing of the Wish so this is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter