• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inspire me with your STATS....

Hi everyone - started my "diet" Mon Labor Day. Friend had me weigh myself on a scale in front of her! Quite embarassing

At 44.5yrs Im pushing 159lbs and Im 5ft 2"

cruisin on the Disney Magic in 12wks and hoping to loose at least 15lbs by then - think I can make 20?

so far Ive been adding lots of fruits & vegs, cutting out lots of crackers, cutting down on the fat

trying to walk 3miles/day

If anyone I know sees this I will say that someone used my name but:

1.] Weight Loss Plan you are using - WW
2.] Starting Date 10/3/01
3.]Weight stats:
start- 255.8 /current- 193.6 /goal- top 169 per WW, personal-155

4.]Height 5' 8"

I started after the last Disney Cruise saying that by the next one October 19 2002 I wanted to loose 75# I was hoping for more but I will be lucky if I make the 75 at this point but I WILL NOT QUIT!
I started at a size 22W bordering on 24W and I am now between a 14 & 16. I love not having that W after the number and shopping in the regular departments! I no longer have to wear what I used to call "fat people clothes". Does anyone notice that they all look alike? Clothes that is.
My son was married this July and I felt great because the ex came up to me an said he didn't recognize me. It was all worth it at that moment.

I am now exercising regularly. Dug out the old Richard Simmons and Jane Fonda Aerobics tapes and alternate those with the new Pilates tape I bought. I love the Pilates!!! Hate the aerobics but will suffer through to burn the Cal.
By the way-when I set the 75# goal for the cruise I didn't realize that I was 10# heavier than I thought I was so it should actually be 85# goal for the cruise but at this point not realistic.

Keep up the good work all!! For those who need to get started-it's worth it! I only wish I did it years ago.

Ted and I started Weight Watchers informally on APril 1st. We count points but do not go to meetings.

As of today, Ted has lost 60 pounds. I have lost 42. Ted is almost at goal weight, I have a looooong way to go!

We just joined a gym a few weeks ago and that has really jump started the weight loss again. Great job everyone!

Holly

LaurenK way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny this thread came up now, since I just recommitted to WW this past week.

I have tried it in the past and had some success but I regained when my appetite went through the roof in April when I began a very serious weight training program to help with a pinched nerve I have in my arm due to osteoarthritis in my neck. No weight loss, but 2 inches came off my waist and a half inch off each thigh. My trainer says if I add aerobics I'll burn the fat right off, but aerobics has never been my favorite, so I'm procrastinating.

People swear I've lost weight, but I haven't I've gained muscle.....I'm 140 at 4' 11'' and I hope to lose 20 pounds by January, and another 10 after that.

For those of you doing Weight Watchers....there is an e-tools option online that you should ask your leader about if you haven't already. There's an electronic journal online as well as a weight loss graph and support boards.

And the part I love best is their Recipe points finder. You can put the ingredients in for any recipe and the number of servings and it will tell you how many points per serving!:D

And if you don't go to weight watchers meetings you can join the online group for $14.95 per month, which is way less than the meetings cost, but for a lot of people it may not be as effective.

www.weightwatchers.com

I've made a lot of friends there and we broke off and formed our own group, and I love it. My most inspiring friend on the board lost 105 pounds on weight watchers, and now it is a way of life for her......I know if you work the plan the plan works!

1.] Weight Loss Plan you are using - I am doing Atkins
2.] Starting Date july 26, 2001
3.]Weight stats:
start/current/goal 200/139/120
(if you feel okay giving out this info)
4.]Height 5 feet

I have been off the diet for 5 months, and just went on it again last Thuesday. I would like to make it to 125 by Thanksgiving.

Hi , new to this board.

I started my own plan of smaller portion sizes, more fruit and less junk food on August 11th, 2002.

I work out every day to one of Richard Simmons tapes. I like them because they have "real" people in them.

I need to lose 120 pounds.

Lost 11 pounds so far.

Height: 5'6"

I just have to say that you guys are keeping me on track! I never thought I would be commited to exercise but I rush home from work to put in either the aerobics tape or the Pilates tape. I couldn't work out yesterday and felt a little guilty but you should take one day off per week. Alternating makes it easier.
For those who say they hate exercise I always said the same thing until I started losing and then realized that I got to a point in the weight loss that I needed to exercise to firm up whats left and continue losing.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm jumping in on the weight loss bandwagon!!

1.] Weight Loss Plan you are using
Diet: cutting fat, watching carbs, upping protein
Exercise: kickboxing 2x a week (Kwando at Bally's), urban rebounding 1x a week, walking my dogs more, and occasionally doing exercise video tapes with weights

2.] Starting Date: July

3.]Weight stats:
start/current/goal
157/147/between 115 & 125 (we'll see how I feel when I get there - I'm more concerned about how I feel and look than the stats)

I know that I have actually lost more fat than my weightloss would suggest. My body tone is remarkably different at only 10 pounds of weightloss. My goal is to feel totally comfortable in a swimsuit before my trip to Florida next July. I have NEVER felt comfortable in a swimsuit, even when I was at my lowest adult weight (118). My body responds well to muscle development, so I definitely am trying to achieve an athletic look.

4.]Height 5 feet 2 inches

Good Luck to Everyone!!

I don't like 'weight loss plan' or 'diet'.....the way I am working on staying healthy is watching portions and exercising with a buddy. I eat what I want, but know when to stop. I also exercise 5 times a week (2 days of Tae-bo, 1 day of Firming Video, 1 day of 4 mile walking and 1 day of 30 minute biking).

I don't know when I started....I just decided to exercise and it started coming off...I think it was 9 yrs ago.

My highest weight was 160, senior in high school.

My current weight is 120.

My goat weight is 116, which is the lowest I have ever been.

I have fluctuated over the years. From 160 I went down to 140. I stayed there for a while, then down to 125. Then met DH and back up to 143. From 143 I went down to 116. Since then I 2 DDs and have fluctuated inbetween having them. I can maintain 125 easily, but want to be healthier at 116.

I am 5' 00".....if only you could add inches up instead of around:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter