Insider Tour Ending at DLand 12/23

4fosterkids

DIS Veteran
Well this came as a shocker for me!
Today we went to Dland for a few hours and decided to turn in some quest cards along with our TL quest sheet. There were 4 of us total. We were told that because we did all 4 quests, we qualified to get the Insider tour. The castmember then told us we now had 2 options.
1. We could take the tour card as long as we used it before 12/23, as they will no longer be having the insider tour after that....
or (after getting up off the ground in shock)
2. We could just redeem it right then for the insider tour cards without taking the tour.

Well, still in shock I chose to redeem them right then. We got all our cards and walked away. After a few minutes, I returned to the VMK, where another cast member had taken over and asked if the Insider tour was ending for good on 12/23 or changing to another kind of tour. He informed me that the tours were ending!!! I then questioned if VMK was going to end too, and he said he did not think so, but to check at City Hall.......and hopefully they could answer my questions.
Wow, is all I could say! I asked him about WDW tours and he said he believed all tours were ending but did not have specifics for WDW!

What a shocking VMK day for us! I also did notice that the VMK desk drawer where they keep the cards, seemed exceptionally empty compared to normal, but that could be because it was the end of a long holiday weekend. I went by City Hall but the line was out the door and we didn't want to stop.

I'm happy to get our tour cards, but sad to hear the tour may be ending. He also said if you already had a tour card you could redeem it for cards until 12/31/05.
Anyone have any additional info?? :earseek:

My suggestion and I think everyone should do this is write to DL and WDW saying that you had heard that the tour was ending and that you had a upcoming trip planned that this tour was a main attraction of that visit and how disappointed you were at hearing that they planned on ending the tours.

I will locate names address and phone numbers and post them later.

If we do nothing this tour will end....if we do something maybe it will be given a second chance.

Mal

Maleficent2 said:
My suggestion and I think everyone should do this is write to DL and WDW saying that you had heard that the tour was ending and that you had a upcoming trip planned that this tour was a main attraction of that visit and how disappointed you were at hearing that they planned on ending the tours.

I will locate names address and phone numbers and post them later.

If we do nothing this tour will end....if we do something maybe it will be given a second chance.

Mal

Well, I do have a trip planned for WDW at the end of January, and it is a main attraction of my vist. I will certainly be sending a letter. If I get any kind of response, I will post it.

I think this is a great idea Mal.
This is one of many times I have been told by a VMK castmember to go to City Hall and tell them how much we enjoy VMK, so they know how popular it is. We have gone a few times, but I do believe it is time to flood them with positive comments and suggestions (not mean & whiny complaints) or we may witnessing a slow VMK death.

or if they HAVE to close the tours they should at least keep the tour cards open so that we can get those.0

i must say i find this painfully upsetting. so what will happen with all the pirate quest stuff that came from the tour? ahhh!!! must go to disneyland.... now!

it's a scheduled process.

I am not sure what you mean but Disney is known for reversing decisions when the masses have let it be known that we want something bad enough to let our voices be heard!

Mal

if any one is going to WDW this week can you ask the cast members there, to see what their responses are?

4fosterkids said:
if any one is going to WDW this week can you ask the cast members there, to see what their responses are?
Hi! I will be going on Friday Dec 9th to WDW. I will try to get there right when they open and hopefully this time get on the tour! At least get the quest cards. The card I have says it expires on 12/31/05. I will see what I can find out while I am there. And I will fill out a comment/complaint card about the tour ending while I am there. (If there is such a thing)

If someone goes before then, please let us know.

I was at DLR on Wednesday and heard the same thing. The cast member told me that if we didn't get to use our tour card for a tour we would have the option redeeming them for a vmk gift or prize. He did not specify what that would be though. Just that we would get something in return. :confused3

I posted this in another thread, but here goes. On Saturday I was at MK at WDW. The quests were the same and still there. Talked to another DISer today and he said they went to sign up for the tour and were told it's cancelled for December. They gave him the pirate cards.

lovethattink said:
I posted this in another thread, but here goes. On Saturday I was at MK at WDW. The quests were the same and still there. Talked to another DISer today and he said they went to sign up for the tour and were told it's cancelled for December. They gave him the pirate cards.

Canceled for December! NOOOOOO! Please tell me this is not true!

that is just so not right!

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Compliments, Complaints, and Suggestions
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
Email: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Disneyland Resort's Guest Relations Department at (714) 781-7290

Jay Rasulo
Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Steve Wadsworth
President, Walt Disney Internet Group

You know, why are they stopping the tours? under staffed? No offence, but its not like Disney can't afford to hire extra people to give tours or something. Just kinda wondering.

Oh my! I really hope they wont stop the tours, or they'll realize that they'll have a lot of angry fans on their hands if they do! Or at least fans who wont (or will try really really hard) not to give them money anymore....

Oh Nooooo!! :earseek:
I hope they reconsider this, and continue the tours! I'd bet it has something to do with those surveys we took recently about the park prizes etc..

I'm sending them a letter.

This is a real shame. But after that little questionaire they had, it really doesn't come as a big surprise.

But I think we do need to spread the word and get as many people as possible to write in and complain.

It may not work in the long run, but it sure can't hurt anything. :)

I was there Sunday too and not only is the last tour December 23, but I was also told that tour cards would not be given out after November 30th.

OH GREAT, No tours for December, did you say cancelled, I am always a day late and dollar short!

I am leaving for WDW on December 17, and will be headed home on January 1. I/we were looking forward to the tour, this is just awful. :sad1:

Thank You Mal, I will contact them, hopefully they change their minds.

I would appreciate any news, anyone has on this asap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter