Inside Staterooms

TinkerBelle920

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am getting ready to book onboard the magic does any have any experience with a standard inside stateroom vs. the deluxe. I am having trouble deciding which to book so any info would be appreciated

I believe the biggest difference is the bathroom situation. A standard only has the one bathroom, while the deluxe has the two. Space-wise, they're about the same.

We stayed in a 11b on the Dream last week, size wise it was fine for 1 adult and 2 kids but there is little storage just ended up leaving everything in the suitcases, now I know why they are advertising the high beds so much.

We have stayed in 11's on the Magic and Wonder and they are a bit larger and much more drawer
Space.

We stayed in a deluxe on our one and only cruise. While my son was "in" my parents' room, we ended sleeping with all three kids in ours and it was fine. The youngest was in a pack n' play at the time and we still had plenty of room.

I don't know how many of you there are but if you book the regular inside room and have four people they will "give" you and automatic upgrade to the deluxe FYI.

My parents had one of the sideways cabins and they had more floor space than us and a trunk, so if you could get one of those, I would do that.

We are hoping to go on the Med on the Magic this summer and I would be happy to have an inside again even for 11 nights. We just weren't in there enough to care about a window or balcony. And with the kids the total darkness at naptime was awesome :thumbsup2

I don't know how many of you there are but if you book the regular inside room and have four people they will "give" you and automatic upgrade to the deluxe FYI.

Sorry, not so. If you book an 11C (formerly 12) for 4 people, you will be automatically "upgraded" to at least a former 11 which will hold 4 people. The deluxe is the old cat 10 with the split bath.

An 11C will hold only 3 people, but there are plenty of 11A cabins that have a single bath but will sleep 4 people.

The difference between the "standard" (cat 11) and the "deluxe" (cat 10) is primarily the bathroom--the split bath on the cat 10, single bath on the 11. This could be an issue if you are trying to get 4 people cleaned up and dressed at the same time. One bath has a toilet and sink, the other a tub/shower and sink. There is a slight difference in the amount of room, but this is primarily in the entry way--it isn't really "useful" space. Most cat 10s have a double sea chest, which is great for storage.

The above all refers to the Magic and Wonder--don't know about the Dream.

We have stayed in cats 10, 8, 5 & 4. They all had the same split bathroom. I actually prefer the setup of the inside cat 10s because the bed is in the back of the room, leaving more walking room in the front half of the stateroom. In the others you have to walk around the bed to get to the porthole, verandah or even couch/TV. This was annoying when all four of us were in the room trying to get ready for dinner or even getting off the ship in a port. I also LOVED the double steamer trunk that was in the cat 10s. MUCH more storage space on the Magic than the single ones.

When it comes down to it if it means us not going on the cruise -- I will book the cat 10 and we have had fantastic times on those cruises too. :)

We are booked in a category 11B for our cruise in three weeks. I thought this this had a split bathroom. Is that incorrect? Gosh it is going to be difficult for all four of us getting ready if it is a single bathroom! :eek:

We are booked in a category 11B for our cruise in three weeks. I thought this this had a split bathroom. Is that incorrect? Gosh it is going to be difficult for all four of us getting ready if it is a single bathroom! :eek:

11B's do not have split bathrooms. Along with everything that has been said, another difference is the location of the deluxes vs the standards, if that is a concern of yours. My experience has only been with the Magic and Wonder, we always stay in the cat 11's. We like the location, price and the fact that we just don't spend that much time in the cabin. The only time that we are there is to sleep and get ready for dinner. As far as the getting ready for dinner, we come back at different times. I take longer, so I will head back first while DH stays with kids in pool or they are in the clubs. Then we switch off. It works for us.

There are 11s in many locations all over the ship. I can't pretend to follow how they have re-named the categories other than the old 12s are now 11C. They are on deck 2, primarily under the nightclubs. The old cat 11s are on decks 6,7,2, 5, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter