• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inside Stateroom vs Deluxe Inside Stateroom

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
Is there a BIG difference between the two, other than the 40 or so extra square feet and the split baths? popcorn::

Personally I think there is. It just feels different and much bigger than a standard. I would sail in either though but a deluxe is a bit more comfortable.

Yeah, we have a family of 4 also (DH and I and 2 DS')

I was going to say those are the only real difference we've seen (40sf and split bath). The I read your second post about 2 adults and 2 kids. Sooooo....based on what I've seen (and we had a deluxe inside ourselves a few years ago), I would say the split bathroom would be well worth it for the comfort of a family of 4. I think the split bathroom setup is one of the better ideas Disney has come up with for their staterooms. And 40 square feet can really make a difference.

i have 2 older children myself...beleive me...the deluxe having a split bath makes ALL the difference!!

I was going to say those are the only real difference we've seen (40sf and split bath). The I read your second post about 2 adults and 2 kids. Sooooo....based on what I've seen (and we had a deluxe inside ourselves a few years ago), I would say the split bathroom would be well worth it for the comfort of a family of 4. I think the split bathroom setup is one of the better ideas Disney has come up with for their staterooms. And 40 square feet can really make a difference.

i have 2 older children myself...beleive me...the deluxe having a split bath makes ALL the difference!!

My kids are 10 and 6. Do you think it makes a different what age they are?

When we went with the basic inside there was no curtain which made watching tv at night hard after DD fell asleep. I desperately missed the split bath and the extra storage that came with it. After staying in both rooms I'll never not go deluxe again and that was with two adults and one child.

When we went with the basic inside there was no curtain which made watching tv at night hard after DD fell asleep. I desperately missed the split bath and the extra storage that came with it. After staying in both rooms I'll never not go deluxe again and that was with two adults and one child.

All 6 of the standard insides we've stayed in had the curtain. I thought that was standard on all DCL rooms, but certainly be wrong.

Before we began getting Veranda rooms, we definitely sprung for the Deluxe, we were able to move twice as fast with the split bath and it just helped everything move smoother!

All 6 of the standard insides we've stayed in had the curtain. I thought that was standard on all DCL rooms, but certainly be wrong.
Thanks for clearing that up, I guess it was just our strange square shaped room. I just assumed all in that category didn't have the curtain when ours didn't. The room we stayed in was 9101 on the Disney Fantasy. I think people said it was a sideways cabin so maybe that's why it didn't have the curtain. It seemed SO small for the three of us, I definitely wouldn't recommend it for more than 2 people.

The room we stayed in was 9101 on the Disney Fantasy. I think people said it was a sideways cabin so maybe that's why it didn't have the curtain. It seemed SO small for the three of us, I definitely wouldn't recommend it for more than 2 people.
I stayed in a Wonder sideways cabin with my two grandsons (14 and 6) and we were perfectly comfortable; it did have the curtain. I understand that there is not the same centered door option on the newer ships which I feel changes both the perception and use of the space.

DH thinks that we won't really need the extra room, since we don't plan on being in the room for much, other than sleeping and showering. I just worry, that we won't have enough room for luggage for a family of four. Anyone know how the closet and dresser space is in a standard inside room?:laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter