• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inside Cabin on PC cruise..Yes or No?

yukongirl123

DIS Lurker
There are IGT rates-$2380 and OGT rates-$3130 now for the May PC cruise, no VGT rates yet. These are pretty good prices, the IGT is certainly affordable...just wondering about the pros and cons of having an inside room for two weeks on the Panama Canal.... Any thoughts?

Those are INCREDIBLE rates!!!! I'm guessing that is for 2 adults? We don't spend a lot of time in our rooms so booked whatever the cheapest room available was for the PC & Alaska. We did get a SPH in Alaska and a cat 8 for PC. That said, I like the setup for cat 10s on the classics better for 4 people if you are going to be in the room 2 weeks. I wouldn't hesitate to book an inside room if we were able to go on another PC cruise.

There are IGT rates-$2380 and OGT rates-$3130 now for the May PC cruise, no VGT rates yet. These are pretty good prices, the IGT is certainly affordable...just wondering about the pros and cons of having an inside room for two weeks on the Panama Canal.... Any thoughts?

Different strokes -- some people thrive with inside cabins; others are claustrophobic.

Assuming from your name that you live in cold country, the Panama Canal and surrounding areas will feel very hot and humid, so you probably wouldn't get as much use out of a verandah as you would in Alaska.

When the ship goes through the Canal it takes all day, and everyone is up on deck and moving around to find better vantage points -- a verandah won't give you as much of a panoramic view as one of the lounges (when you need to cool off inside with a refreshing smoothie or other beverage) or up on deck where they have a fine barbeque/picnic goin on.

It's really your choice. Are you generally comfortable in an inside room? For us, we'd go with the oceanview, just because I like to have a window.

We did the EBPC in 2012 with an oceanview. We also liked having a window, but we spent very little time in our cabin during the two weeks. Love deck 4!

Those are great prices. Of the 4 cruises we've been on, we prefer, at a minimum, a window of some sort. Even though we are not in our stateroom for very much but we sure like to wake up to sunlight. I could probably be ok on a short cruise but not two weeks.

My DH and I did the EBPC cruise last September with an inside cabin and loved it. We don't spend much time in our cabin since we love to be out and about enjoying the rest of the ship. It takes a day to go through the PC and there are great views on the outside decks. We spent the early morning on Decks 9 and 10 while we were going through the first set of locks and then had brunch at Palo while we were travelling through the lake to the second set of locks. We have been on many Disney cruises and this was our favorite. We met some really great people and had a blast. We would definitely do it again with an inside cabin.

Wow! That's 15 nights for less than I'm paying for 7 nights! :beach:

I'm a deck 2 Oceanview Dweller - and did this for the WBPC in May last year. We always love having the porthole, but the reality was that we were out and about most of the cruise. Rarely in our room at all except to sleep, get cleaned up and change clothes for dinner.

If it's inside or not going, I would take the inside room. There are "tricks" to help with some of the issues that we have with the inside rooms. You can leave the TV on the "View From The Bridge" channel - which is a "web cam" view of the ocean in front of the ship. THis will let you know if it is day or night. DCL has taken care of the other issue - bedside clocks. They are now easy to read in the dark. With an inside room if you lay down for a nap with as dark as it is in there, you might sleep half the day away (I would rather do that up on deck 4 on the comfy loungers::yes:: )

Our 2008 EBPC was around $8800 for 2A2K in a cat 8 [after 10% OBB discount]. If we had been able to get an inside room, we would have. Watching the prices go up every 15 minutes or so DH said to just get us a room because he wanted to be on that cruise. That was the last time one of the PC repos was offered during a school break and there seem to be more of them since Alaska is so popular, which has brought the price down tremendously.

One of my two PC cruises was in an inside stateroom. There are plenty of places to hang around on the decks and the public areas.

That is a GREAT price. If I didn't have the PC cruise in the opposite direction already booked I would be booking this today. With all the money you save on that cruise you can buy yourself a nice sum lamp to make up for not having a window.

One of my two PC cruises was in an inside stateroom. There are plenty of places to hang around on the decks and the public areas.

With an inside room did you feel you needed to be out if it most of the time? Or where you all just fine hanging inside sometimes?

With an inside room did you feel you needed to be out if it most of the time? Or where you all just fine hanging inside sometimes?

We have cruised with a verandah 3 times [upgrade, KSF, & glitch]. We didn't stay in the room any long on those cruises than when we were in a porthole or inside room. I couldn't make myself sit on the verandah because there is just too much we want to do.

My youngest goes off track from school on May 2 for three weeks. Unfortunately, my older son is at a different school on traditional schedule so he is still in school. Too bad, those are amazing rates for a 14-day cruise.

Wow! That's 15 nights for less than I'm paying for 7 nights! :beach:

I know! It's close to the same price I'm paying for 4-nights!

OP - I've never been in your shoes but I'm glad you're asking.

I wish I'd known PC cruises were this reasonable. I never even glanced at them before last night. I thought they'd be out of my range. And our family vacation to FL is 5/2-5/17! The exact days if this cruise!!! I could have been a contender! Even with airfare (we're driving to FL) the total cost of vacation would be very similar to the cost of 4-n cruise & 10-day land.

I would switch in a heartbeat except my mom and sister are traveling with us and couldn't scrape up the extra money.

Go for it OP! I wish I could join you!

We would definitely take an inside room given the great rates. We are in a deluxe family stateroom with two portholes this trip, only because we got a good deal. Otherwise we will be back inside next cruise. We are never in our room, other than to change for dinner, and to sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter