Insanity...anyone???

plutolovr

DIS Veteran
Looking for folks who have done or are currently doing the Insantiy workouts.

I just started this week and I'm trying to do it along with my other workout routines, running, spinning, weights). I am doing my other things in the morning and getting the Insanity workouts done in the early afternoon. Yesterday was tough after Spin class, I don't think I realized how tired my legs would be. Today I ran a 5K at about 7:30am and will start my Insanity workout about 12:15pm. We'll see how it goes. :confused3

Yup, here is a cut and paste of my thoughts on Insanity from an old thread. Feel free to ask any questions you may have:

I did it, and I'd say the name is pretty appropriate. It is VERY difficult. I would only try to tackle it if you are already at a fairly high fitness level.

Month 1 is very tough, but do-able (again, assuming you are at a pretty good level already). Month 2 nearly killed me. the workouts are brutal, and long. If you aren't already pretty fit, don't even think about it.

Positives, it really works. If you commit to 60 days of Insanity, don't miss any workouts, and maintain a reasonably good diet, you will DEFINITELY lose weight, and you will see significant changes in your body, especially in the abs/core. On day 60, I was unquestionably in the best shape of my life (at age 38)

Negatives, it is REALLY repetititve. There are really only 3 main workouts in each month, and you do them over and over. Plus, you do the same moves, or just slight variations on those moves, across all programs. Which is to say, it gets boring after a while. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of Shaun T's style, which is essentially to say "push, push, you can do it!" over and over again

Now that I have done it once (August>>October 2010), I use individual workouts from the program for my non-running cardio days, and use resistance workouts from either P90X or Tony Horton's One on One. This prevents the boredom of doing ONLY Insanity.

Bottom line, its a very effective program, but it really needs a lot more variety. I think it works better as individual workouts incorporated into a hybrid program, but I have to admit, finishing the 60 days was extremely satisfying.

Plutolovr, I'm taking the first fitness test in the morning! I'm so excited to be starting this! I did P90x Jan. - March. I want to do the same as you and add Insanity to my other workouts instead of just doing Insanity--how is it going for you? Thanks!:)

Plutolovr, I'm taking the first fitness test in the morning! I'm so excited to be starting this! I did P90x Jan. - March. I want to do the same as you and add Insanity to my other workouts instead of just doing Insanity--how is it going for you? Thanks!

It's going pretty well. I started week 3 on Monday with my Fit Test. I improved in everything except Globe Jumps. I also ran 5 miles before I took the test. I wasn't feeling the greatest this morning so I did not go to the gym (elliptical) because today was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I followed this up with a Cathe Friedrich Back and Bicep weight workout.

The week before I started Insanity I did South Beach Diet for a week since then I have already lost 9 pounds. I follow some of the meals in the Elite Nutrition book and I log my calories into My Fitness Pal. I try to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories per day an I don't eat back my exercise calories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter