Inquiring minds want to know......

Otimon

DIS Veteran
Just how long before your cruise do you get your luggage out of the closet and start packing?

We'll be on the Magic this Sat. (Nov.6) and I've had my luggage sitting in our bedroom for two weeks now already packed with odds and ends (travel size items, etc.) :hyper:

Anyone else start that early (or late)? lol.

We're crusing with you, and I have to admit I haven't started packing yet. I've hung all the clothes I want to bring on the other side of my closet though, and made my packing list. Maybe I'll start tomorrow, maybe not. I'm a power packer and don't like to pack to far in advance, DH will throw his stuff in on Friday morning before we fly out. DH will probably bring the suitcases up from the basement either today or tomorrow, so that will get me thinking about it.

For our first cruise, I had a box set aside 4 months in advance and added to it slowly. I had the luggage out and the "piles" (of stuff) started a good 4 weeks in advance, but I will say that we were moving as soon as we got back (the movers came the NEXT day) so I had to be super organized.

Last year I probably started 2-3 weeks out with the suitcases.

This year I am currently shopping for luggage and as soon as it arrives, I will leave it out and start (we're 8 weeks out!). I have to be sneaky this year as it's a Christmas present surprise (we leave the next day). Luckily we're going to my parent's 40th wedding anniversary too and they know about that so that's what I'm telling them!

We're sailing the week after you, but we are leaving this weekend for a week at the resort prior to sailing.

I have had the suitcases out and been packing things here and there since the last weekend in September. LOL

I am 97.5% finished and the only things left are the items that have to go in the day we leave.

So you aren't as obsessed as you may think. There are those of use who are a whole lot worse. LOL:crazy:

Geez..I don't go til June and I've already started a box under the bed! (and bought new luggage) :crazy:

My hubby and I take weekend trips and the like fairly often, and so we always have certain things packed. We don't go swimming near home, so as soon as we get back from one trip, we wash our suits and put them back in the suitcases. Flipflops too. We also each keep a full bathroom set so that we don't have to repack one every time, so that just stays in the suitcase too.
For a big trip like a 7 day cruise, we'd probably have most stuff packed about three days before, and do a last minute laundry rush to get the last bits packed the evening before leaving.

Anticipation is part of the fun! I've also had my DCL screensavers on our computer for quite a while now although I must admit I put them on a lot during the year, too.

Everyone have a safe journey to the port and I hope to meet those of you travelling this weekend.

Best wishes.

I am with PPPiglet...I go next June too...I have purchased some tank tops and such that were on clearance and have them in the suitcase under the bed...:rolleyes: (never too early to plan and get a deal):crazy:

Since I pack for a family of 5 (myself, most of dh's clothes and three boys), I start packing at least two weeks before leaving. About 2-1/2 months before I make sure all the boys' good clothes still fit, are cleaned and do any mending, etc. HTH

I'm sure your almost done packing by now. Have a great trip!:wave2:

tam012864....boy you really are with me. I bought my tank tops already too when they were on clearance and have them ready to go!
:crazy: :hyper:

We are on the May repo cruise and I already have a drawer designated for the stuff I need to pack then.

We still have luggage from our last cruise, in January, sitting our in our bedroom! Can't get into the garage to put it away, lol. Normally, I make a list and start gathering things about two weeks before and pack in earnest a day or two before we leave. Of course, I always end up doing laundry and packing those last minute things at 1am the night before we leave.

Originally posted by webray
We are on the May repo cruise and I already have a drawer designated for the stuff I need to pack then.

I think we started that drawer this past June :laughing:

Instead of packing our summer clothes away, we just put them in the cruise bag!

It is never too early to start

Debbie

everything's rolled and in the bags-just have to pack the last of the toiletries the day we leave which is-hey-it's day after tomorrow. I can hardly believe it-started counting at 238 days out!! See all of you on Saturday!! A safe trip in to you all!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter