• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

inking edges question

DisneyDoc5

Making memories...
Hi Fellow Disney Loving Scrappers!

I love the inked edged look (as seen on many of Reddy's pages!!!) and I wondered what tool you all use to achieve this look. I have watched a few youtube tutorials, but I wanted to check with 'my people' on the dis. Do you have any favorite products or techniques you would be willing to share? I just need something new to buy - not!

Thanks for your help and time!
Erin:artist:

what I use is stamp pads - whatever ones that are on sale when I think to buy them
just dragged the edge of the paper across the pad

I do this a lot too. I use a chalk pad that almost looks like a ink pad. It looks like ink on the paper too no chalky residue. It is a lot less messy than ink, so my fingers thank me - lol.

I use chalk ink too. I usually get them at Michaels for something like a $1. I buy the small ones in the bine and by many many colors. With chalk, it's easier to clean my fingers LOL

all great ideas! I had seen a video where this lady was using a sponge in the ink, then doing circular motions onto the paper, etc - but it sounds like you get good results just applying the ink directly to paper. Heading to Michaels later to pick some up!:drive:

I appreciate the help girls!:hug:

I use chalk ink, stamp pads, cats eye ink, and my mom gave me a ton of stampin' up stamps and a lot of finger tip sponges and I dip the sponge on the stampin' up stamps and then run it across the paper (I have an outdated desk calendar, the huge ones, that I lay under what I'm inking with the stampin' up sponge just so I don't accidently get it on my layout where I don't want it! Did it once.. was so mad!)

With the cats eye ink, be careful I have been moving the paper across the ink pad and the ink pad flip off the container.. :( Not a big deal until I ink again and forget that it isn't adhered to the base any more and it flips again!

Thanks Nan! Don't make a mess! I like the idea of the chalk ink because it sounds not as messy. Have a happy day!

I've had the same trouble with the cat's eye ink pad coming off. I did not want to keep buying more so I hot glued the pad to the base. It works like a charm. I use them all the time.

Pam

I use one of those applicators by Ranger/Tim Holz. I'm kind of a klutz and I get ink on my hands when I take paper to ink pad. I ink almost exclusively with walnut distress ink so I don't have to change the pads for different colors too frequently.

I've run the stamp pad across the edge like Reddy said and also used a sponge. The sponge doesn't get it as dark if you want a lighter/softer look. I wet the sponge first and then squeeze it out well so it doesn't soak up a ton of ink.

I use the cat's eye inks, but have had the sponge pop right off the base and boy, does that make a mess. I also tried something that is a heart-shaped applicator, I think by WRMK, but that leaves pieces everywhere once you've used it enough to start wearing it out. Lately I've been using the Tim Holtz applicator and daubing it on the stamp pad. I have so many stamp pads that it's a good way to use them, and I am such a klutz I invariably drop the darn pad when I'm trying to run it around the edge of the paper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter