Injections in the park?

the little marla

you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!
I'm not new to disney by any means but i am new to the DisAbilities board! :) I have to receive a subcutaneous injection between 7-9pm each night, staying in the time frame of around 7..7:30ish as it should be around the same time each night. I have to do this for a few weeks and of course our disney trip is smack in the middle! I had some questions about the ability to do these injections in the park because 7-9 is basically the time we spend in the evening at the parks. My husband would need to help give the injections... i did do a search and found someone posted with a similar need but that was back in 2005 and i am just looking for some updated info. According to answers to the OP - they indicated that you could go to the first aid stations and there are some kind of private room that this could be done in? and they also said they have sharps containers to dispose of the needles in. I have never been to the first aid stations so i'm not really familiar with what is inside of them, so any insight is appreciated! This medication does not need to be refrigerated - in addition to that, i am wondering if there are any issues bringing the medication into the park with a syringe and needle? if anyone has any specific information regarding this matter or if you know of someone at disney that i could speak with i'd greatly appreciate it! thanks so much!!!

I'm not new to disney by any means but i am new to the DisAbilities board! :) I have to receive a subcutaneous injection between 7-9pm each night, staying in the time frame of around 7..7:30ish as it should be around the same time each night. I have to do this for a few weeks and of course our disney trip is smack in the middle! I had some questions about the ability to do these injections in the park because 7-9 is basically the time we spend in the evening at the parks. My husband would need to help give the injections... i did do a search and found someone posted with a similar need but that was back in 2005 and i am just looking for some updated info.
Nothing has changed since 2005.
According to answers to the OP - they indicated that you could go to the first aid stations and there are some kind of private room that this could be done in? and they also said they have sharps containers to dispose of the needles in.
That is correct.
Each park has a First Aid station, staffed by RNs. Each First Aid has different types of rooms, including private treatment rooms, private and semi- private rooms with a cot to lie down.
This picture shows a private treatment room at the Studio, but all parks have rooms similar to that.
2590PA150516.JPG

They have a sharps container in the room and most of the private rooms will also have a sink, an IV pole and microwave.
I have never been to the first aid stations so i'm not really familiar with what is inside of them, so any insight is appreciated!
Each First Aid has a waiting room with couches or chairs and a desk, which will have one or more First Aid staff behind it.
They will ask you to sign in with the time, your name (printed) and your signature so they can keep a log of First Aid use.
You also need to let them know (briefly) what you need so they can assign you to the correct type of room and/or make sure you have what you need.
I just say that I need a room to give my daughter a treatment in.
You would just say that you need a room where your husband can help give you an injection.
This medication does not need to be refrigerated - in addition to that, i am wondering if there are any issues bringing the medication into the park with a syringe and needle?
No issues - the security bag checks are to look for other types of thing - like weapons, alcohol and glass drink bottles.
There are hundreds (if not thousands) of people bringing medications into the parks each day and many have bottles and syringes.
You can carry it in your bag - there are no attractions that don't allow bags or purses, so that would not be an issue.
if anyone has any specific information regarding this matter or if you know of someone at disney that i could speak with i'd greatly appreciate it! thanks so much!!!
You don't need to talk to anyone ahead of time. Just show up at First Aid and tell them what you need. They will take it from there.
You may even find that the same nurse is at the desk next time you one. That happened to us several times on our last trip (October 25 thru November 9, 2013).

thank you both for your replies! and thank you for the picture, this assurance has relieved a lot of stress! :thumbsup2

And now just about every rest room in the parks has a Sharps Disposal Container on the wall.

There are sharps containers in the restrooms throughout the parks. My dd has to give herself 3 injections a day (every 6 hours while she's awake). These keep her bp high enough that she doesn't pass out. We didn't use first aid since she could inject wherever she was but they do have private areas where you could go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter