Infrequent Visitor - Anyone else???

Suzimom

Mouseketeer
Any other less-than-frequent-visitors out there??

We're planning our 2nd family trip since summer 2005; I'm feeling extremely fortunate that we are able to do this. I know when we return home, I'm going to be so happy to have had this wonderful time together at Disney, but sooooo sad that it is over. I won't have another trip to plan. DH is amazed that we're visiting again after (only - his words!!!) 3 years. Who knows when we will be able to go back...:sad2:

I love the disboards, but I truly think I will have to leave for awhile when we return. It seems that so many people that post go multiple times a year. I don't begrudge them at all -- I'm very happy for them (jealous, yes, it's true - but happy, nonetheless). I just don't think I'll be able to stand it...:guilty:

Anyone else feel this way?

(Please don't think me a selfish, awful person. I'm really rather nice...just feeling a bit sorry for myself -- TERRIBLE when I know who blessed I am!!!)

Susan

im in the same boat as you...i went in 2002..and i BARELY talk about that trip and when i do i talk about it as the disney trip from you know where :scared: so im so excited to be going again this year....but sadly i know when i come home i wont be looking at going back for quite a few years...and when i see people who go yearly or multiple times in a year i too get slightly jealous :lmao: i wish i could be them...im very happy for those people of course and i live my disney dreams through them hahaha...but living in the north east and living on my budget its just not feasible to make it to disney that often......i wouldnt concider you a selfish person...although thats probably because i feel the same way as you and i dont concider myself a selfish person i think im a very kind friendly fortunate person :cutie: atleast we can plan our upcoming trips and be thankful we have them to plan rather than nothing at all

We are also infrequent visitors, and I'm only on these boards when I am planning a trip, otherwise it makes me sad. :sad2:

Not jealous of others, though, except a little for people who live close enough to drive (we HATE flying).

I think planning a trip to WDW is almost as fun as the trip itself. Now some people would say that is crazy :upsidedow but it's how I feel.

I don't go nearly as much as I'd like to. But who goes to Disney TOO much??? When I'm on the bus going back to the airport, I'm dreaming about my next trip- or when I can go back again. But unlike you guys, I go on the Disboards to try and ease my pain. I also get jealous sometimes of people like my parents, who go atleast 3 times a year.

We're sort of in the same boat as you. Because of family vacations to places other than Disney World, we are only able to go every other year. However, I think this makes each trip more special because we look forward to it and enjoy seeing new places, people, and things.

:wizard:

I know how you all feel. Our family went last October for the first time. My DH was skeptical about going but, he thoroughly enjoyed himself. He thought he was going to be bored. Was he in for a surprise. He said he never felt more relaxed on a vacation.:cloud9: We didn't cook, drive, no computer. Total enjoyment even though it was so very hot.

Since it's going to be my 50th this year, I asked to celebrate it at Disney World. Of course he thought it was a big request and he hates to let me down but, he feels putting out that much money is hard to come by (I paid for the first trip). Especially when every thing costs sooo much. DD needs braces, etc. etc.

So to ease my pain I've been entering the YOAMD by submitting postcards. We're all keeping our fingers crossed, me especially.:cat:

I know how you all feel. So to ease my pain I've been entering the YOAMD by submitting postcards. We're all keeping our fingers crossed, me especially.:cat:

Ohhh, I want you to win, I want you to win, I want to win...I hope my little fantasy dance helps!!! :hug:

I'm glad others feel like I do; as I said, I'm so happy for frequent visitors, but it's a little different for those of us who visit less often. I'm so happy we're able to find the joy either before when we're planning or even in the absence of a trip (not in my case, but I know for others! :) ).

I don't want this to be a sad, depressing thread...maybe we can think of the wonderful things we love in the real world? I'll start...

When I'm not dreaming/planning of Disney, I love...

early morning walks with my hubby...quiet, uncomplicated and easy...

Anyone else???...:love:

We only go every 5 years, yes it makes me sad, but I sure do appreciate Disney, when we are there.

I have NEVER (gasp) been to Disney World. I've found this message board in my (obsessive) planning of our trip to Disney world next fall sometime - hopefully. I have to say I'm amazed at how often so many people have been able to go there. I know many of them live within driving distance...but still! After reading these posts I wonder if I will be able to only go once - and hopefully I'll get to go once - gotta love our failing economy and fuel prices!

I know this isn't part of this thread - but any of you have any must do's for our first (and possibly only) trip to Disney World. My girls will be 3 & 6 at the time of the trip & I want to make it beyond magical for them!

Our first trip to WDW was in Dec 05. It was a high school graduation gift for my youngest DS. We had been to America eight times already and I knew when it was time for our next vacation my DH would want to go to somewhere in Europe so I thought it would be our one and only trip to WDW. When we got back I couldn't bring myself to visit DISboards. No trip report, no dining reviews, no chats, had to go "cold turkey".

About 6 months ago we started discussing with my DS what he would like for his 21st birthday, which will be in October this year. And guess what he chose? My DH suggested DL in Paris but nope, he really wanted to go back to WL. So, I slotted in some time to visit another country (Canada) into our month long vacation to keep my DH happy and we're off to WDW again Dec 08

We went on our Disney honeymoon last year - before that it been about 13 years since I was last at WDW.

I'm currently pregnant, so we aren't going to go back for a while - I'm hoping to convince my husband that we need to go on a short weekend trip in a couple of yeas for our 5th anniversary... otherwise, it will probably be until the baby is 6 or 7 until we return.

when we last went we decided to try to go every 5 years, just booked next years trip and decided to look up this website. its helped answer a few questions for my trip :)
hadnt given it a 2nd thought about who goes when and how many times.
we're all individuals and get to experience different things in life.
some people arent lucky enough to go even once. :goodvibes

We took our boys in 1989 when they were 3.5 and 5.5 and it was mine and DH's first trip there also (we were 29 and 32). Our second trip was 1998 with them. Our last trip was just DH and I as is this next one. Going was always a big deal. We had neighbors who "surprised" theirs kids EVERY YEAR with a trip. I'm not sure how much of a surprise it was except for the date and they really didn't appreciate it the way they should have. We did other things for vacations while they were growing up, a variety actually. Family visits, beach trips with friends or alone, sightseeing in DC (we live 20 miles or so away), day trips to historical sites, water parks, baseball games, etc. I understand enjoying WDW, but going 2-3 times per year just isn't in my sights at all, unless I lived within 1/2-1 hour of the parks.

I have NEVER (gasp) been to Disney World. I've found this message board in my (obsessive) planning of our trip to Disney world next fall sometime - hopefully. I have to say I'm amazed at how often so many people have been able to go there. I know many of them live within driving distance...but still! After reading these posts I wonder if I will be able to only go once - and hopefully I'll get to go once - gotta love our failing economy and fuel prices!

I know this isn't part of this thread - but any of you have any must do's for our first (and possibly only) trip to Disney World. My girls will be 3 & 6 at the time of the trip & I want to make it beyond magical for them!

I have a boy, but I read a lot about the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. I bet your litle girls would love to be little princesses! We enjoy Chef Mickey's for dinner and fun character interactions! I know you'll be tempted to try to "do it all," but don't get too sucked up into it. Be sure to take breaks in the middle of the day to swim or just chill for awhile in your room or you will hit a wall with you little girls and it won't be fun anymore. Ask to ride in the front of the monorail at some point -- we were able to do that on our final departure out of MK when DS and I were both teary at having to leave. DS got a special monorail operator card besides the wonderful ride!

When are you going?

We are going in Sept and this will be our 3rd trip in 4 yrs, but this will also be a last trip for at least 5 yrs. My dh is getting a bit board of WDW, he says there are other things out there besides WDW and I do have to agree with him. I wanted to go a bunch of times while my kids were still young and would totally love it and have the memories. As they get older we will have to branch out and do something other than WDW.

I definately understand how you feel, to me going multiple times a year would probably take the magic away and it wouldn't feel so special. I am sure if I lived in the Orlando area we would probably have AP's and go all the time.

I work in surgery at a major hospital in my area, (aka land of wealthy doctor types), and a very kind anesthesiologist I converse with often takes his kids 4-6 times a year. 4 TO 6 TIMES A YEAR!!! Last Christmas they did the 14 day cruise/world combo and stayed in the friggin Roy Disney suite on the cruise ship and had 3 private balconies, a private waiter from the whoopdy doo restaraunt to deliver their orders so they didn't have to eat in the dining room with the rest of the common folk, and their cabin was 1100 sq feet! (Talk about jealous!) We were talking the other day about how he owns the DVC and earns points and what-not, but he mentioned that his wife and his kids don't really enjoy going anymore because they go so often, and they've started to go on the Adventures by Disney vacations instead of going to the World. How sad to go often enough that you take the happiest place on earth for granted. DW is special in ways to everyone, but those of us who only get to go one or two times in our lifetimes appreciate it more I think.

I've been once 8 years ago, i was about 13. We stayed in the fort wilderness campground. In my parents RV.

Now I'm 20, and flying down with my girlfriend alone august 7th-13th. We're staying at the carribean beach resort

A man i work with goes has been 15 times since the 80's. (wow)

I have a boy, but I read a lot about the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. I bet your litle girls would love to be little princesses! We enjoy Chef Mickey's for dinner and fun character interactions! I know you'll be tempted to try to "do it all," but don't get too sucked up into it. Be sure to take breaks in the middle of the day to swim or just chill for awhile in your room or you will hit a wall with you little girls and it won't be fun anymore. Ask to ride in the front of the monorail at some point -- we were able to do that on our final departure out of MK when DS and I were both teary at having to leave. DS got a special monorail operator card besides the wonderful ride!

When are you going?

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm hoping to take advantage of Bibbity Bobbity Boutique & breakfast with CInderella. We'll have to check out Chef Mickey's & the monorail.

I'm trying to figure out the best time to go to get the most bang for our buck. Possibly during the Aug/Sept value period - but I'm a bit concerned about hurricanes & the temps. I know we should be used to humid & hot by that time of year (we live in Iowa, too) - but not sure the girls would be able to keep up...and bean harvest starts in Sept - hubby is a part-time farmer. Early December is another time of year I'm checking out - but you know Iowa winters - I would hate to miss our trip because we're snowed in.

Do you know which airlines have better rates & service flying out of DSM?

Thanks! :yay:

We're planning our 2nd family trip since summer 2005; I'm feeling extremely fortunate that we are able to do this. I know when we return home, I'm going to be so happy to have had this wonderful time together at Disney, but sooooo sad that it is over. I won't have another trip to plan. DH is amazed that we're visiting again after (only - his words!!!) 3 years. Who knows when we will be able to go back...:sad2:

I love the disboards, but I truly think I will have to leave for awhile when we return. It seems that so many people that post go multiple times a year. I don't begrudge them at all -- I'm very happy for them (jealous, yes, it's true - but happy, nonetheless). I just don't think I'll be able to stand it...:guilty:

Anyone else feel this way?

(Please don't think me a selfish, awful person. I'm really rather nice...just feeling a bit sorry for myself -- TERRIBLE when I know who blessed I am!!!)

Susan

I completely understand - you are not alone. In fact this is the first time I've been on the disboards for months (w/the exception of the WISH forum). We just went in October 07 and were planning a trip in May 09 but decided we just can't do it. I got so depressed I just couldn't come on and read about others planning, going and returning from their trips. Its really difficult. On one hand its so nice to read everyone's reports but if you know you can't go for a while it really sucks! Still won't be able to go for probably 2 more years anyway. I decided today to come on and catch up on the resorts. We were thinking of trying the FW cabins, CR or just stick w/the Poly next time. I feel energized now that I have read some posts. So I think a break did me well - it doesn't depress me anymore (well for now anyway).

Good luck.
Joanne

I am also infrequent visitor. We last went in fall of o6. I reallly want to go next spring but with this economy I am not so sure it will happen. I had picked up a little part time job to save for vacation. Sadly it seems I have to tap into that occasionally now to pay for gas. I also have friends who go about 4 times a yr. AS much as that sounds great. My Dh also feels we would not enjoy it as much if we were able to go more often. I sometimes find it Depressing to read all the Disney stuff but sometimes it is a nice Disney fix and can Dream about going next time. How crazy is it that when I can't sleep I close my eyes and picture myself walking down Main street deciding if I should head to frontier land or tomoorrow land. Anyway all I can do is keep dreaming and waiting for the next chance to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter