Information from DCL or lack of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to that the number of people that combo a cruise with a park vacation... I don't doubt some folks are only a couple weeks out from flying down to Florida!
I just read that mask mandates are going back into effect Saturday in Los Angeles. I hope cruising resumes and never looks back, but as far as protocols go I think unfortunately they might change all the time. It makes it difficult if you only want to cruise under normal conditions.

Yeah I had a September 2020 cruise and moved to September 2021. As a personal choice my husband and I moved to September 2022 but we upgraded to a seven night cruise. We don’t want to cruise till our two twincesses can vaccinate. I am still admin on a September 2021 page. I stayed to help my fellow admins out.
I feel bad because lots of questions and concerns of how things will be. Many are close to pay in full or have to get their sign ups and check ins done. Many bought airline tickets. :/
I have been encouraging everyone (especially the newbies) to make sure everything from pre cruise hotel to flight can be refunded or credited. Lots are buying tons of DCL stuff. I would say 1/3 of my cruise group are never cruised DCL before.

here is my big worry: the amount of people still booked who have made it clear any restrictions and they aren’t going. Yet here we are, a few weeks away without any basics from DCL and those folks are going to riot if it in within 30 days.

Yeah I had a September 2020 cruise and moved to September 2021. As a personal choice my husband and I moved to September 2022 but we upgraded to a seven night cruise. We don’t want to cruise till our two twincesses can vaccinate. I am still admin on a September 2021 page. I stayed to help my fellow admins out.
I feel bad because lots of questions and concerns of how things will be. Many are close to pay in full or have to get their sign ups and check ins done. Many bought airline tickets. :/
I have been encouraging everyone (especially the newbies) to make sure everything from pre cruise hotel to flight can be refunded or credited. Lots are buying tons of DCL stuff. I would say 1/3 of my cruise group are never cruised DCL before.

here is my big worry: the amount of people still booked who have made it clear any restrictions and they aren’t going. Yet here we are, a few weeks away without any basics from DCL and those folks are going to riot if it in within 30 days.

just gotta say we too had September 2020 cruises (b2b), moved one of them to September 2021, that one was move out, and now we have September 2022. we actually have 4 cruises booked in 2022 and at this point I don’t know where they originated from the first time they were booked. Maybe we will finally get our September cruise one day. I’m up to 8 canceled or moved cruises now. 🤦‍♀️

just gotta say we too had September 2020 cruises (b2b), moved one of them to September 2021, that one was move out, and now we have September 2022. we actually have 4 cruises booked in 2022 and at this point I don’t know where they originated from the first time they were booked. Maybe we will finally get our September cruise one day. I’m up to 8 canceled or moved cruises now. 🤦‍♀️

Uggg! I am sorry it stinks. I am trying to look on the bright side we justified going to WDW twice in one year (we have never got to do thanksgiving so it was amazing), September we are going to Chicago and see old friends. I just booked a really nice five star hotel place near the river walk,

In April my husband and I have an adventures by Disney to Italy. (We have moved that four times!) it that gets moved again ugggggg

Just got this info from DCL in response to a question I asked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-160855_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-160855_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 160

Thats information for the UK cruises, as it mentions the NHS and that children aged 11 and up need masks , which is the official advice from The UK Government.

Carnival was going to announce their Sept\Oct cruises this week, but then put it off until next week. Maybe like Disney, they are waiting until after the 18th?? I don't know just a thought. Even the cruise lines that have resumed sailing are taking it month by month.

Yes, but isn’t that a reply for the MAGIC- England cruises and not the United States DREAM cruises out of Florida? It does not mention the CDC but I think it mentions another health organization from England instead? So those protocols may or may not be applied to the DREAM cruises out of Florida. Especially with the Florida state laws being restrictive of asking for vaccination proof at this point.

Disney HAS to announce something next week. If they don't, they will be within the 15 day window for the Aug 9th sailing. Even Disney isn't that insane.... Are they?
I guess it doesn't really matter as long as they offer refunds. I remember reading through the Carnival and Royal threads on CC when they restarted and it seemed like everything was down to the wire and they kept making changes. I quit following it I"m not sure what the final outcome was as far as refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter