• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info required on Disney boardwalk/downtown

pineapple123

Earning My Ears
Hello all you good people,
I have heard of disney boardwalk/ downtown disney
but I havnt a clue ,

What is it
how much it costs if you dont have disney pass
how to get to it
what are the best places to eat
when does it open

Any infromation would be great

Thanks pineapple. :banana:

Disney Boardwalk and Downtown Disney are two entirely different places and neither requires a pass. Boardwalk is a resort area with a 'Boardwalk' along the lake. There are a number of restaurants, entertainment places, and shops in the area. ie. Atlantic Dance Club, Jellyrolls, ESPN club. Restaurants include Flying Fish, River Grill, Spoodles. There are also a number of freestanding quick food stands.
Disney Village is also on the shore of a small lake and consists of three parts - Disney Marketplace West Side, Pleasure Island - they all run into each other. Lots of shops, Cirque du Soleil, Disney Quest (requires a pass - lots of virtual reality games). There is a large theater (24) complex for movies, a Planet Hollywood and numerous restaurants.
All are on Disney property which is nearly 43 sq. miles! All are accessible by Disney bus from any Disney resort or by personal car.
This is the 'short' form. Check out http://www.wdwinfo.com/downtown/index.htm#hm-downdisn-nav which will provide more info or ck each resort/club/restaurant for lots of indepth information.

Downtown Disney is free to enter and to park. It's located along side the I-4 on the outskirts of WDW.
You can also get there from any Disney Resort (from a park you would need to go via a resort).

DTD consists of three areas:

Market Place - full of shops and restaurants
Pleasure Island - Nightime entertainment centre (you need to pay to get into the clubs etc.). Bars and Restaurants - including the new Raglan Road Irish bar/restaurant.
West Side - More shops and restaurants including Virgin Megastore. Multiplex cinema and Cirque de Soleil.

The Boardwalk is area of shops, restaurants and entertainment that is attached to the Boardwalk Resort. It's free to enter.
It's on a lake which is surrounded by the Epcot resort hotels - Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin Hotels. You can walk around the lake to all the resorts to eat or explore. It's a really nice place to go and wonder in the evening :)

You can get to the Boardwalk from the International Gateway entrance to Epcot (in between UK and France on the International Showcase).
Or you can walk from MGM.
Or catch a bus/boat from any park to any of the Epcot resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter