Info please on Mr. Sanchos and Playa Del Sol in Cozumel

DawnL

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide on a good family beach for the day in Cozumel, can anyone give specifics on fees, faciliites, recreation, taxi cost, on these 2 locations. Reviews would be greatly welcomed!

We had read about Mr. Sancho's on this board and gave it a try on our cruise in May. We had a great time. The cab ride was $15 ($5 per person including DS4) and there was no admission fee for the beach and facilities. The snorkeling was better than we had in Grand Cayman, the beach was clean and had plenty of chairs, the beer was inexspensive and the food was also good. We felt that we had made the right choice when we talked to our dining companions we had gone on the Chakannab excursion. They felt that the area was too big (trying to do too much w/ all of the "Seaworld" type activities) and the snorkeling was worse than they experienced in Grand Cayman. Mr. Sancho's also had clean showers in the bathrooms as well as one outside by the pool AND a few little stores with touristy type items for sale. Take what you will from all of this, but I really recommend this beach and forgo the excursions, most of them you can do on your own for MUCH cheaper!!!!!

Vixen....thank you for your insight into Mr. Sanchos. We had also heard about this beach but you definitely convinced me that we would also enjoy this. We are a party of 17 and trying to do the Disney excursion would cost us big, big bucks!!!

Were the taxis right by the where the Magic docks or did you have to walk a ways.

Thanks again.

MJ

I've been looking into Playa Sol Beach myself. I read it was a fun place too. If you go to their site you will see that they have 3 different plans: Basic is $6.00 per person, Fiesta Package is $25.00 per person and the All Inclusive package is $35. per person. The taxi round trip is $30 US dollars per taxi. The All Inclusive is what Disney offers with their Playa Sol Beach Break for $49. per adult and $39. for kids. Disney does include transportation with this excursion. Playa Sol does offer group rates but really pushed me to book it through Disney. For us 2 adults and 1 child (5) doing it on our own is only $2. cheaper than doing it with Disney. I was told by a Playa Sol rep. that they do reserve a special areas on the beach and in the restaurant for Disney Cruise only also that they have special activities for the kids.

I will be checking out Mr. Sanchos, thank you 4crusinransiers for the site info.

Sorry, it works now.

I forgot to add that Playa Sol has coupons you can print online to receive 15% off of the packages. So that would make the All Inclusives Package only $29.75 plus taxi ride US dollars if you do it on your own.
Really I don't work for them just trying to decide for myself which would be right for my family. I like to idea of everything being paid for up front. But then again is it worth $120. if Mr. Sanchos offers free admission pay as you go. My DH can put some beer away.

Vixenslc just how inexpensive is Mr. S's?????

We went to Mr. Sanchos beach on our 5/11 cruise. We loved it. Free admission, live music, good food, clean bathrooms, pool. Watersports available right there and seemed reasonable. If you are just looking for the beach - this is the place. No rocks. Plenty of chairs, tables and tiki huts.

I just tried clicking on the Playa Sol link and it said page not found. Do you have another link? Thanks Ann

Originally posted by AnnMorin
I just tried clicking on the Playa Sol link and it said page not found. Do you have another link? Thanks Ann

I just backspaced over the /mx and it worked fine;)

mmouse 37...the port in Cozumel has a large mall with shops and a taxi stand in the front. The taxi line was HUGE! however, my husband walked around the back of the mall (a parking lot just behind the taxi line) and found out that the taxis empty there and then go around front, luckily they had no problem with us just grabbing a taxi right there, no wait! Have fun and good luck with everything!!!!

These guys make as much a year as you do a week probably. Why not just break in front of the line at the loading station? Same thing.

thanks! that link worked. Now I have to find the time to sit down and go through both sites!

One difference I noticed looking at the websites is that Playa Del Sol has a zoo. I'm sure it's probably just a small petting zoo, but that would be an attraction for us.

What are the costs of the water sports at Mr. Sanchos? We're trying to make a decision between these two beaches also. One of the things that is pulling us toward Playa Sol is the "iceberg". My son has seen it on their site and really wants to try it.

The water trampoline was $4.00 for 2 hours and I think the banana boat rides were $12.00. Other than that, I did not price the jet skis, etc.

You can also get massages on the beach - $30.00 - 1/2 hour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter