• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info on the Ellen attraction.

I love Ellen, so I find the ride absolutely hilarious, especially the preshow. The dinosaurs are some of Disney's best animatronic figures and while dated, the ride is very interesting and entertaining.

I work at the Cornell Book Store Bill Nye comes in a couple time a year. I can't wait for DWTS to come on.

We love this ride, and use it as a mid day cool down.

Bill Nye = time lord: Did you see "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship? proof. Matt channeled Bill Nye for that one. That episode so reminds me of Universe of Energy.

Stupid Judy: yup, we repeat it all day once we've ridden.

I still visualize and hum the BE (Before Ellen) Universe of Energy song... loved it. But I have to say that adding Ellen and Bill Nye for the reimagination was perfect - it made the ride fit with a story and theme. The original was a bit disjointed: A film about energy and oh look, here's some dinosaurs!

This is our must do every trip when we get hot and tired! Little ones can nap (and big people, too), and I actually enjoy it. I love Ellen and Bill Nye!

We love this ride, and use it as a mid day cool down.

Bill Nye = time lord: Did you see "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship? proof. Matt channeled Bill Nye for that one. That episode so reminds me of Universe of Energy.

Stupid Judy: yup, we repeat it all day once we've ridden.

I still visualize and hum the BE (Before Ellen) Universe of Energy song... loved it. But I have to say that adding Ellen and Bill Nye for the reimagination was perfect - it made the ride fit with a story and theme. The original was a bit disjointed: A film about energy and oh look, here's some dinosaurs!

It seems like the majority actually like it. I have to agree. Having had the torture of the original 45 minute Exxon infomercial, I was so relieved when they themed it more toward Ellen and Bill, with a Jeopardy side story. Ellen's sense of humor shines through this almost as if it wasn't scripted at all. It was but she was completely in her standup mode. Hilarious.

You will hear many times how "boring" it is. Well, OK, it doesn't raise your pulse rate, but it is funny, interesting, cool and away from the crowds just outside the door. It has stood the test of time and in spite of it not being a thrill ride, it still is there with only the one change from Exxon to Ellen. Must be doing something right. BTW, make sure you get there before the preshow starts, you will miss a lot without the preshow. Besides being one of the funniest parts. Even as often as I have gone on it, if I arrive late (after the preshow starts) I will wait for the next show so I don't miss it. But I'm strange that way.:rotfl:

Oh, I almost forgot...stupid Judy! :rotfl2:

PeterPanic said:
It seems like the majority actually like it. I have to agree. Having had the torture of the original 45 minute Exxon infomercial, I was so relieved when they themed it more toward Ellen and Bill, with a Jeopardy side story. Ellen's sense of humor shines through this almost as if it wasn't scripted at all. It was but she was completely in her standup mode. Hilarious.

You will hear many times how "boring" it is. Well, OK, it doesn't raise your pulse rate, but it is funny, interesting, cool and away from the crowds just outside the door. It has stood the test of time and in spite of it not being a thrill ride, it still is there with only the one change from Exxon to Ellen. Must be doing something right. BTW, make sure you get there before the preshow starts, you will miss a lot without the preshow. Besides being one of the funniest parts. Even as often as I have gone on it, if I arrive late (after the preshow starts) I will wait for the next show so I don't miss it. But I'm strange that way.:rotfl:

OMG!!! YES!!! The original was a snoozefest!

I LOVE this ride. It's one of our favorites. Doesn't anyone think the dinosaur part is amazing?? I love it!

:cheer2:It is nice especially on a hot day!! It is hug so it can take a bunch of people and usually not crowded - great down time ride to refresh and rejuvenate!!

I LOVE this ride. It's one of our favorites. Doesn't anyone think the dinosaur part is amazing?? I love it!

I think the dinosaurs are pretty cool too. It is usually when I close my eyes to reflect on the awesomeness of the dinosaurs that I drift off to sleep, and next thing I know Ellen is playing Final Jeopardy

I do like the ride and yes I will do it at least once on every trip. But I will admit I have taken a nap on this one several times.

Even though I like this ride it never fails that I start nodding off. It moves at a slow pace and its dark and cold . It's definitely worth riding though, some interesting facts and fits in well in Epcot.

This is my favorite ride at Epcot! I'm wondering how everyone sleeps on it though? There isn't anywhere to lean your head on? I've wanted to take a quick nap on it before, but had nowhere to lay my head LOL. (My kids are amazed at my ability to sleep at Disney)

Love the Ellen ride but I like Ellen and Bill Nye. I too have been known to nap on this ride. It's also a great place to sit out a FL thunderstorm.

We really enjoy this attraction! It has Ellen, Bill Nye, Jeopardy, and dinosaurs -- some of my favorite things! LOL :wizard:

Love Ellen's Energy Adventure! Yeah, it's definitely dated, but I still think it's funny. Was disappointed I didn't have time to ride it on my last trip.

And I can say from specifically asking her about it that Jamie Lee Curtis is still very fond of the ride and her role as "Stupid Judy". :goodvibes

JUDYscale.jpg

Love Ellen's Energy Adventure! Yeah, it's definitely dated, but I still think it's funny. Was disappointed I didn't have time to ride it on my last trip.

And I can say from specifically asking her about it that Jamie Lee Curtis is still very fond of the ride and her role as "Stupid Judy". :goodvibes

JUDYscale.jpg
I am responding to this only because I want to be able to say that I had a conversation with someone who has been close enough to ask Jamie Lee Curtis a question. I think she is great in just about anything I have ever seen her in and I like her for completely different reasons, even if she does need help with "regularity" now. I prefer not to think about that part. :rotfl:

If it's not to much of a problem how do you know her... Friend, Business or Family? :hyper:

And don't forget, you can actually get wet on this ride! That is if it is operating correctly and you are sitting in the right place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter