Info on reservation

Minnie&Mickey

I want to live at the Fort!
We booked last week through All Seas for a cruise on the Wonder. When we book, the reservationist said that we weren't eligible for the Disney VISA credit because we were already getting the All Seas discount (their prices were cheaper than others that we were quoted). She never mentioned any other credits that might be out there. We have the Disney VISA, are DVC members, and annual passholders and I am now wondering if we should have had that notated on our reservations in case a discount becomes available. Should I call them back and mention this? We have two Category 6 rooms booked, so I'd be more than happy to have a little credit if one comes along.

Hmmmm.....I suspect that the reason you weren't getting the Visa credit is that All Seas buys blocks of cabins from Disney and re-sells them. Thus, you really aren't booking thru Disney and aren't elegible for any further credits per the fact that All Seas "bought" your cabin from Disney. Am I making sense?

If you book thru DU or other discount agents that book you directly thru Disney, you get the best price they can get thru DCL including any applicable on board credits, AND THEN get a rebate from the agent based on the cost of your cruise. In that case, they are giving back to you a portion of their commission.

Basically, you get the same cruise either way. You just need to price out the deal as many ways as possible and figure out which is better. The best deal I've found is to re-book while on board (getting the 10% off and $200 on board credit on a 7 day), and then transfer the ressie to a discount agent whil will give me their rebate special as well.

Wow, I had no idea that this was how they do things. I just figured it was the same whether I booked through AllSeas or DU. At the time that I booked, I didn't even know about the Disney VISA discount until she told me I couldn't get it. It just kind of made me wonder if I would be eligible for any others that might come up...guess not!

Originally posted by kcashner

If you book thru DU or other discount agents that book you directly thru Disney, you get the best price they can get thru DCL including any applicable on board credits, AND THEN get a rebate from the agent based on the cost of your cruise. In that case, they are giving back to you a portion of their commission.

Basically, you get the same cruise either way. You just need to price out the deal as many ways as possible and figure out which is better.

kcashner - Okay, I've been giving this a lot of thought since I read your post and now I am wondering about something. We had gotten a quote from DU for a Cat. 4 and two Cat. 6 rooms. The actual quote was for the Cat. 4 and it showed an additional $100 Dreams Instant Rebate. The quote for the two cat. 6's was just kind of answered on the bottom of the other quote and didn't mention the Instant Rebate. It was the exact same amount as what I was quoted on the Disney Cruise website, whereas the Cat.4 quote was exactly $100 less due to the rebate...are you following me so far? Okay, what I'm wondering is, if I had made my reservation through DU for the two Cat. 6's and they gave me two Instant Rebates, I would come out almost exactly the same price that All Seas quoted me, and then I would have also been able to get the Disney Visa credit too, right? So I would have come out ahead going with DU. Can I cancel my reservation with AllSeas and rebook with DU? The rooms that we were given weren't exactly what we wanted (I wanted starboard, midship and got port near the back ... and since you say that AllSeas purchases large blocks of rooms, this might have been the only thing available in their block) is there a way to check and see what rooms are actually not booked at this time???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter