• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Info on Frozen opening?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
Any idea when the new Frozen attraction at Epcot will open and what it is exactly?

Someone I work with was recently selected for the "test and adjust" team and they apparently expect their process to take three-ish months. She's not allowed to say anything, at all, except that they have to wear hard hats. :scared:

I'm betting on Memorial Day for an "official" open. But please don't take that as official info, I'm just guessing like everyone else.

HUMMMM looking more like we will miss the opening. Same thing happened to us back in May 2014 at MK.

At a MK CM "managers" meeting in December it was discussed because when it opens the sisters are supposed to leave MK. Goal is ride and M&G open together. Snow and Aurora back to FTH. They were told at that time the projected date was May 21. Everything is subject to change until it's up and operating but my guess would be the end of May sometime. I think they would work hard to get it open by Memorial Day weekend for the summer crowds, especially if Soarin' is not open.

Please visit the completion dates thread in the rumors and news board for up to date info on upcoming attractions opening. The link is in my signature. I've heard everything from May 1st to mid June.

I am at WDW from June 2-9... really really hoping for the opening to be by then and my ADRs and plans are all out of wack until I know for sure. However, will be have a clue if they stop offering A&E FPs at MK 60 days out?

I am at WDW from June 2-9... really really hoping for the opening to be by then and my ADRs and plans are all out of wack until I know for sure. However, will be have a clue if they stop offering A&E FPs at MK 60 days out?
We arrive just as you are leaving. While I would love for the ride to be open while we are visiting, I am sort of afraid of what will happen with the A&E meet and greet. Will it be in MK, will it be in Epcot? If they switch it up, will I miss getting a FP?

All just stuff that goes through my head when I try to sleep at night, lol.

There is no info other than rumors, which are vascillating between May and June. Nobody knows the opening date.

It's also said that when the meet and greet opens in Epcot, the Frozen sisters will no longer be meeting in MK. But we have yet to see any official confirmation on that either.

Unfortunately you can't at this time make any real plans that include Frozen at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter