Info on booking SSR Categories across 2016-2017

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
This info is listed on the online booking tool:

• "Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will introduce a Preferred category for 2017, which will include all vacation homes in Congress Park and The Springs. If you're making reservations with a check-in date in 2016 and check-out date of January 2, 2017 or later, and you would like to reserve Congress Park or The Springs, please contact Member Services directly to book your reservation. You may continue to book online if you have no location preference or if you do not wish to stay in Congress Park or The Springs."

WOW!!! I own at SSR and always like staying at The Springs but I guess the Paddock will be just fine. I cant see using the extra points to stay at Springs or Congress Park. Is this going to happen at OKW too with Near Hospitality House Category?

WOW!!! I own at SSR and always like staying at The Springs but I guess the Paddock will be just fine. I cant see using the extra points to stay at Springs or Congress Park. Is this going to happen at OKW too with Near Hospitality House Category?

No, OKW is not having any point changes.

It makes sense. The closet to DS. Anyone who doesn't mind walking should be fine. I just wonder how this will effect availability 2-4 months out..

I stayed at the Paddock last September and walked to DS a few times. Kind of a nice walk and was quicker than the buses half of the time. Beat the family and worked off some of those WDW vacation calories!

That's a strange message. At the moment booking clearly require the point cost for the Standard location but nothing is specified. Probably they didn't have the opportunity to add the two booking categories to SSR (or probably, no one told IT that they should have). So what I understand from this message is that at the moment everyone will book online a standard location, but if more people will book it than rooms available, then someone may end in preferred without paying the extra points. While SSR is huge and standard rooms are a lot, the first week end is Marathon week end, so depending on how long this bug will stay, it might happen.

So what I understand from this message is that at the moment everyone will book online a standard location, but if more people will book it than rooms available, then someone may end in preferred without paying the extra points.
Not necessarily. DVC knows how many rooms are going to be classified as each location (Standard/Preferred) and they may have already adjusted inventory in the booking system accordingly.

The 2017 point chart shows a 2-9 point difference between standard view and preferred view, depending on villa size and season. That's a pretty big premium for these rooms.

Frankly, the Paddock is our favorite section, followed by the Grandstand. We'll usually be booking standard view, anyway.

I hope they don't implement it as a single booking category in the booking tool -- although from the points chart it appears they might. I could see paying a premium if I really wanted to be in Congress Park, close to the path and with a view of Disney Springs. If they then put me in the Springs when I checked in (my absolute least favorite section), I'd be extremely upset. Hopefully, it will work like the Boardwalk where it allows you to book "Preferred - Congress Park" and "Preferred - The Springs" specifically.

I'm sure DVC would say this is all based on demand, and that a majority of people express preferences to be in these two sections. By that logic, though, you'd almost expect to see a third category for Carousel with discounted points.

I wonder if those who reserve will be paying the higher cost for standard (or lower if they get preferred) for that time.

I wonder if those who reserve will be paying the higher cost for standard (or lower if they get preferred) for that time.

On DVCNews Tim showed that what is allowed to book right lines up with the new, lower point cost standards. I'd expect that if one wants the preferred they will have to wait to book or else change once they finally get this fixed. Apparently they do show the preferred category but it's unavailable. Hopefully SSR owners are aware of this and it isn't a nasty shock if they want CP or GS but they went ahead and booked the standard.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...c-website-struggling-to-cope-with-ssr-changes

On DVCNews Tim showed that what is allowed to book right lines up with the new, lower point cost standards. I'd expect that if one wants the preferred they will have to wait to book or else change once they finally get this fixed. Apparently they do show the preferred category but it's unavailable. Hopefully SSR owners are aware of this and it isn't a nasty shock if they want CP or GS but they went ahead and booked the standard.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...c-website-struggling-to-cope-with-ssr-changes
Thanks, it was the reservations that cross over the calendar I was referring to. I didn't see that exact option discussed in Tim's example. My guess is it'll line up to the lower points and areas that comprise the standard view sections for 2017. I'd further guess is they want the other 2 options for preferred, they'll pay the regular price for 2016 and the higher price for preferred for 2017. It might be a way to guarantee preferred location for lower points for those crossing over the change of calendar to 2017, for one last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter