• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Info on AKV value 2 bedrooms and studios...

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi
I just booked a 2 bedroom value and a studio value for our Sept. trip. Wanted to be close to the kids club and have the counter service handy as well. Figure we can walk over to Kidani Villas if the kids want to use the interactive water area.
Just looking for ideas of what I can expect in terms of room views, size, or your overall experience if you stayed in one of these rooms..... Also wondered if there is a hotel layout of where each type of DVC room is located in Jambo House.
Thanks in advance....
We gave up our Treehouse to go to AKV.... figure since we own at SSR, we'd have another opportunity in the years to come to stay there by booking at 11 months out.

Go here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1687382
Green (yellow in second drawing) shows where the values are, all in the front of the building with possible savanna, parking lot or pool view. Rooms are "value" because they are smaller than others. Furniture used is a tight fit in those rooms.

the value studio I stayed in was quite the tight fit. It was just me and that was plenty for the room! LOL It's the furniture that is the problem, not the room really. That bed and chest are not appropriate for the room size.

I had a pool(?) view and was right by the elevator with only one room next to me. The other side was a window in the hallway.

Very convenient to go down and gets drinks/food and get to the lobby area so a fair trade off for the space IMO.

ETA~ on that linked map I had the ded studio on the right of the 2 marked 47.

We were in a value studio with a pool view, the first room off the elevator on the 5th floor. Awesome location!! I loved it. Didn't find it tight at all and we had 3 adults and a PnP in there for 7 days.

We were in a value studio with a pool view, the first room off the elevator on the 5th floor. Awesome location!! I loved it. Didn't find it tight at all and we had 3 adults and a PnP in there for 7 days.

LMBO! I think we are talking about the same room! :laughing:

But I'm also used to 2bedrooms and found the SSR studio quite small too. ;)

That's good to hear. We added a few extra days to our upcoming trip in June by booking a dedicated value studio after our 2BR SV stay for a week with relatives. There will be 2 adults and 2 kids so I'm hoping we won't be too cramped. I figure its only for 3 days and it lets us stay longer than we planned so I can rough it a few extra days :)

LMBO! I think we are talking about the same room! :laughing:

But I'm also used to 2bedrooms and found the SSR studio quite small too. ;)
Boy, then that value studio's getting a lot of use! It sounds like the one I had last year, 5020. Did the view look like this-

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

I've stayed in 3 studio types-value, standard, and savannah, and I think that value was by far the best for the money/points.

well it might have but this is what the pool looked like in late Jan so no way to really tell. LOL

IMG_4344.jpg

That's the view from the 6th floor con room I had. I didn't bother taking in the view from the value studio after that. ;)

Heated pool vs 30 degree temps. The whole place was covered in fog!

IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

Anyone have pictures of the 1br values at AKL? I'd like to see how the size looks.

I stayed in a value studio in Jan. The size was just fine for my sister and myself. The only problem was finding a place for the cushions & pillows off the sleeper sofa & bed, someone on the boards suggested on top of the cabinet. I will try that when we are in our 2bd. value in Aug.

There will be 10 ( maybe 11) of us going in late Sept.
5 adults (maybe 6) and 5 kids... 12, 9, 4,2.5 & 1
I ended up getting a 2- bedroom value and 2 studio values at Jambo house... with any luck we'll get at least 1 room with a savannah view and maybe a pool view too!
I think it'll be:
1st Studio - 1 adult & 12 yr old.... possibly the 4 yr old too
2nd Studio - 2 adults
2 bedroom - 2 adults in master with baby in PNP
9, 2,5yr old, and 4 yr old a couple of nights in 2nd bedroom
1 adult on sleeper sofa... if she comes....

Total points = 40 /studio & 111/ 2bed for Sun - Fri stay

We had a one night stay in a value studio last February '08. The room was tight and we got the parking lot view. The room was convenient to everything though.

popcorn::

Looking for them, too. We're staying in a 1-BR value in about 40 days! :banana: I will definitely take pics and post if no one has them.

I'm counting on you!!:worship:

We're going in June!

DH has never stayed at AKV and I really want him to enjoy himself. I first requested a pool view (thinking that we have a better chance of avoiding the parking lot that way), but I would really like a savanna view. I think that the savanna view really helps you get into the feel of the resort. I stayed in a savanna studio last October and, although it was great, I think I would prefer to save the points next time. I hope we do not feel too crowded in the value size rooms (we have a studio for the first night and a 1BR for the next 4). It will really help us to stretch out our 100 points if the value size works out, plus we'd still have a 40% chance of a savanna view.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter